The Ministry of Urban Development has approved the Atal Mission plans for Punjab and Uttarakhand for 2015-16.
(Minister of Urban Development – Venkaiah Naidu)
- Punjab will invest 720 cr in improving basic urban infrastructure in 16 cities.
- Uttarakhand will spend 267 cr in 6 cities under action plans.
Central Assistance under State Annual Action Plans (SAAP)
Punjab – Rs.319 cr
Uttarakhand – Rs.134 cr
State Annual Action Plans (SAAP) of Punjab & Uttarakhand
- Under the SAAP for 2015-16, Punjab Government will invest 365 cr in 46 water supply related projects, Rs.288 cr in 37 sewerage and septage management projects, Rs.56 cr for improving urban transport in Amritsar and Rs.12 cr for providing open parks and green spaces in 16 mission cities.
- Uttarakhand Government has proposed to spend 133 cr in 20 water supply related projects in 6 mission cities, Rs.110 cr in 6 sewerage and septage management projects, Rs.18 cr in 5 storm water drainage projects and 6 cr on provision of open parks and green spaces.
Apart from above Ministry of Urban Development has approved city level Service Level Improvement Plans (SLIPs) for 469 cities and towns in 20 States with a total project expenditure of Rs.20,137 cr out of which central assistance will be about Rs.10,000 cr.
About Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
AMRUT was launched by PM Modi in June 2015 aimed at transforming 500 cities and towns into efficient urban living spaces, with special focus on a healthy and green environment for children.
- The Cabinet approved Rs 50,000 crore for this mission which is to be spent over the next five years.
- Rajasthan was the first state in the country to submit State Annual Action Plan under AMRUT.
Punjab CM – Parkash Singh Badal
Uttarakhand CM – Harish Rawat
Punjab Capital – Chandigarh
Uttarakhand Capital – Dehradun, Nainital (Judiciary)