World Autism Awareness Day is an internationally recognized day on the 2nd of April every year. World Autism Day is also one of only four official health-specific UN Days.
- This year the theme is Autism and the 2030 Agenda: Inclusion and Neurodiversity.
- This is the 8th annual World Autism Awareness day encouraging by the Member of the United Nations to take measures to raise awareness about children with autism throughout the world.
- This year’s observance will look ahead to 2030 and reflect on the new SDGs and their implications for improving the lives of people with autism.
Autism Spectrum Disorder:
- Autism Society of America says autism as a complex development disability that typically appears during the first three years of life.
- About 700,000 people in the UK alone are on the autism spectrum and with their families they make up around 2.8 million people whose lives are affected by autism on a daily basis.
- While Indian Scale Assessment of Autism estimates that there are approximately 7-2 million children with autistic spectrum disorder in India.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) has dramatically increased over the last few years. Today it’s estimated thatone child in 100 has ASD