Maharashtra signed MoU with the Tata Trusts to link all government colleges and medical colleges to the national cancer grid for uniform cancer profiling and quality treatment.The initiative targets to have 50,000 bone marrow donors in the next three years.
- The MoU Signed between Maharastra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Tata Trusts chairman Ratan Tata at VidhanBhavan in Mumbai.
- Fadnavis said a total of 9 MoUs were inked between the government and Tata Trusts. He also said that it will be a huge gift of hope for patients suffering from blood cancer, sickle cell, thalassemia, and other fatal diseases.
- It has also been decided to reform services at the Nagpur Mental Hospital, which will then serve as a prototype for other similar centres.
Country’s first state to join the initiative:
- Tata Trusts has agreed to help the Maharashtra in setting up a Strategic Healthcare Advisory Unit aimed to improve overall healthcare in the state.
- Ratan Tata founded organisation has also agreed to work with the government to curb incidences of malnutrition.It will also involve setting up of a hospital information system and a drug supply corporation.
- The state of Maharashtra was formed on 1st may, 1960 which is celebrated as Maharashtra day.
- Its Capital City is Mumbai. Mumbai is the Financial Capital of the Nation and it is also the largest city in India.
- Maharashtra is the third largest state by area in India.