Union government has approved Goa’s coastal circuit project under the SwadeshDarshan Scheme, Goa will soon be allocated funds for development projects to be undertaken in the first phase along its coastal belt.
- A Sum of Rs. 99.99 crores of has been given by the central assistance is a record highest allocation received by Goa Tourism since 2010.
Key Developments under the Scheme:
- Goa was the first among the seven states to be considered for funding under the SwadeshDarshan Scheme by the Central.
- During the year 2015-16 under Budget Estimate Rs.600.00 crore have been allocated for SwadeshDarshan scheme to develop tourist destinations of global standards.
- Swadesh Scheme is envisaged under the Central Financial Assistance (CFA) of the Ministry of Tourism with the aim to fund projects that fall under the gamut of touristic potential due to its history, heritage, cultural importance as well as innovation.
- Under the coastal circuit development plan include improvement of infrastructure facilities like parking, illumination and providing handicap friendly access from the parking lot to the beach at Calangute, beautification of the Calangute market circle and taxi stand.
- The project includes providing infrastructure at various coastal areas like tourist information centers at including Calangute and Baga,public amenities at 10 beaches, providing CCTVs and wi-fi, safety and security measures and providing tourism signages.