The luxurious train, Tejas Express set to be running between Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus and Karmali in North Goa on May 22.
Tejas Express has ultra-modern facilities like LED TV, wi-fi, CCTV etc.The Tejas Express would operate between Mumbai and Karmali (Goa) five days a week during non-monsoon period and during monsoon, just three days a week.
- It has 20 coaches – one executive AC chair car with 56 seating capacity and 12 AC chair cars with 78 seat capacity of each coach.
- It is flagged off from Mumbai to Goa on Monday at 3:25 pm.
- It is a super-fast train, which will run at a speed of 130 kmph.
- Touch-less water taps, hand dryers as well as bio vacuum toilets are also installed in the train.
- As per the recent data, 207 passengers booked tickets for the AC chair car and 10 for executive AC chair car.
- The train, manufactured at the Rail Coach Factory in Kapurthala, a city in Punjab.
- A digital destination along with a GPS-based passenger information display system is available for each passenger.
- Tejas Express’s executive class fare is Rs 2,680 with food and Rs 2,525 without food.
- For AC chair car the fare has been fixed at Rs 1,280 with food and Rs 1,155 without food.
- For visually challenged travelers, the train has Braille assistance installed in the information system of digital facilities.
Some More Points:
- Maharashtra Capital: Mumbai
- CM: Devendra Fadnavis
- Governor: C. Vidyasagar Rao
- Goa Capital: Panji
- CM: ManoharParikkar
- Governor: MridulaSinha