Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Ordering with Explanation, which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- Kajal ranked 10th from the top and 26th from the bottom among those who passes an examination. 4 students didn’t attend the exam and 6 students failed in the exam.How many students were in the class ?
Explanation :9+25+1+6+4 = 45
- In a row of students facing north, Suresh is 8th to the left of Prem, who is 12th from the right end. Manoj is 13th from the left end and third to the right of the Suresh.Find the total no of students in the row ?
R = 12+8 = 20th from the right end
R = 13-3 = 10th from the left end
N = 20+10 – 1 = 29
- In a row of people A is 12th from the left end and B is 8th from the right end. When they exchange their position, A becomes 22th from the left end, What will be the B’s position from the right end ?
No of people b/w both the position of A = 22-12-1 = 9
B = 8+9+1 = 18
- There are 30 children in a row. P is 12th to the left of Q and 18th from the right end of the row. What will be the Q’s position from the left end ?
P(18th from ryt)…….(12)……………Q(6)
30 – 6 +1 = 25
- In a class of 42 children, Sakthi rank is 7th from the top.Mahesh is 4 ranks below Sakthi, What is Mahesh rank from the bottom ?
M rank from the top = 7+4 = 11th
M rank from bottom = 42 – 11+1 = 32
- Group of friends are sitting in a row facing North. Jo is 5th to the left of Ashu who is 8th to the right of Diya. How many persons sitting between Jo and Diya ?
Explanation :D- -J(5th left of A)- – – -A(8th ryt from D)
- In a row of 25 people,Harini is 8th from the right end and Thara is 4th from the left end.How many students are there between Harini and Thara ?
– – – T………………H – – – – – – –
H 18th from the right end
18 – 4 – 1= 13
- In a row of children facing North Vishnu is 12th from left. When shifted to his right by four places, he becomes 18th from the right end of the row. How many children in the row ?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 V
13 14 15 V(16)
16+18 – 1 = 33
- In a row of boys, Raj is 12th from the left and Mohan is 16th from the right.If they interchange their position. Mohan becomes 12th from the left. How many girls are there in the row ?
- A is 11th from the left end in a row. B is 10th from the right end and 12th from the left end. How many children are toward the right of A in that row ?
Total N = 10+12 – 1 = 21
Right of A = 21-11 = 10
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to this chapter, you can share here.