Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Statements & Inferences which is BASED ON Bank EXAMS !!!
Statements & Inferences
Direction: In each of the following question, some statements are given. They may be inferred from the main statement or not. Read both the statements carefully and mark:
Religions provide the means for attaining eternal peace.
I. Religions ensure prosperous life.
II. Religions help people to eradicate poverty.
1) Only I follows.
2) Only II follows.
3) Both I and II follow.
4) Neither I nor II follow.
5) Either I or IIAnswer – 4) Neither I nor II follow.
The statement says that the religions are the way to achieve long lasting peace which is not related to prosperous or wealthy life. Also it has no relation with poverty.
Mr. X is one of the probable candidates short – listed for the post of director of college Y.
I. Mr. X will be selected as director of college Y.
II. Mr. X will not be selected as director of college Y.
1) If only conclusion I follows
2) If only conclusion II follows
3) If either I or II follows
4) If neither I nor II follows
5) If both I and II followsAnswer – 3) If either I or II follows
According to the statement, the fact that Mr. X has been short listed for the post, does not confirm his selection for the post. So, either I or II follows.
- The government of India announced the demonetisation of all Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 banknotes on 8 November 2016.This move was taken to tackle the black money in the economy and to eliminate the fake currency. It created a situation where lack of currency jams consumption, investment, production, employment etc. This move is going to be a very beneficial one towards building a cleaner India.
Which among the following options shows the major benefit that was achieved through this act?
1) One of the biggest aim of this movement was to put a complete full-stop to malpractices carried out in the market.
2) This move created a big chaos and frenzy among common people initially.
3) Due to this act small businesses suffered temporary financial losses.
4) Due to this number of tax payers have increased.
5) A major achievement of this act has been that it helped the government in tackling black money.Answer – 5) A major achievement of this act has been that it helped the government in tackling black money.
Option 5 would be the correct answer as it shows the major benefit that was achieved due to this act. The aim of this act was to help the government to tackle black money as it was being used for funding terrorism, gambling, and such. This move did help a lot for the government to achieve that.
Option 1 talks about the other aim of this movement but does not talk if it was achieved thus it cannot be considered. Options 2 and 3 show the negative impacts of this act which is irrelevant to the question asked.
Option 4 shows another advantage of this act but comparatively Option 5 would be considered to be the biggest advantage.
- India is a home to a number of varied species of flora and fauna. Lots of measures are taken to conserve wildlife in India. Wildlife conservation is the practice of protecting wild plant and animal species and their habitat. Wildlife plays an important role in balancing the environment and provides stability to different natural processes of nature. Government of India has taken several measure for conservation of wildlife.
Which among the following options shows the reason why we need to save wildlife?
1) Saving wildlife plays a great role in ensuring a check on the ecological balance.
2) Scientists are working to preserve plants and animals through ‘Gene banks’.
3) People are highly dependent on wildlife industry for fruits, vegetables, grains, wood, clothes, and such.
4) Wildlife beautifies the Earth in many ways.
5) Measures are taken so that various species don’t become extinct.Answer – 1) Saving wildlife plays a great role in ensuring a check on the ecological balance.
Option 1 would be the correct answer as it gives the main reason on why wildlife should be saved and why the government should take actions regarding preserving them. It tells us that wildlife does play a great and significant role in ensuring a check on the ecological balance as it offers the earth a lot of things in many ways.
Other options are not relevant to the question asked thus cannot be considered.
- Soil erosion is a naturally occurring process that affects all land forms. It refers to the wearing away of a fields topsoil by natural physical forces of water and wind. Topsoil which is high in organic matter, fertility and soil life which majorly contributes on the growing of crops. Soil erosion reduces cropland productivity and causes the pollution of watercourses, wetlands and lakes.
Which among the following options does not show the step taken to prevent this?
1) Using of contour ploughing will help reduce soil erosion.
2) Soil erosion is a result of mankind’s unwise actions such as overgrazing or unsuitable cultivating practices.
3) Planting provides a protective cover on the land and slow down water as it flows over the land and this allows much of the rain water to soak into the ground.
4) Use of proper drainage canals.
5) Terracing of the sloping fields.Answer – 2) Soil erosion is a result of mankind’s unwise actions such as overgrazing or unsuitable cultivating practices.
Option 2 would be the correct solution as only that option does not talk about ways on how to prevent soil erosion. It talks about one of the reasons which causes it. There are natural ways as well as some human activities that will result in soil erosion. Human activities include over grazing the fields and such.
Other 4 options talks about methods by which soil erosion can be reduced or prevented.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi started a campaign called “Mann ki Baat” on 3rd October 2014. It turned out to be a popular show on the Indian radio stations. This show was broadcasted for one hour once a month as the Prime Minister addresses the masses and encourages them to work to the benefit of the country. Some of the people from many villages would write letters to this radio station from which the PM would select and provide a solid solution to his listener.
Listed below are few impacts of this campaign. Select the option which does not showcase one of the impacts.
1) It played a vital role in bridging the gap between the Old India and today’s New India.
2) This turned out to be one of the most successful initiatives taken by Narendra Modi.
3) It helped in spreading important mass movements like Swacha Bharat.
4) Because of it becoming successful “Mann Ki Baat” now has its own mobile application that promotes its new topics and issues faced by the country.
5) Narendra Modi tried uplifting the employment rate within the lower sections of the society.Answer – 5) Narendra Modi tried uplifting the employment rate within the lower sections of the society.
Option 5 would be the correct solution which does not showcase the impacts of this campaign. It talks about the PM trying to help the lower sections of the society by uplifting the employment rate but it does not show if this was because of “Mann ki Baat campaign”.
Options 1 to 4 show us the impacts of this campaign such as bridging the gap between the old and new aspects of the country, and Swacha Bharat, etc.
- With the factories increasing and becoming full-scale industries the issues of industrial pollution started and it has become a major factor to cause air pollution. Most of the pollution on the planet is due to industries of some kind. Industrial pollution contaminates many sources of drinking water and releases unwanted toxins into the air. Many of these have resulted in environmental degradation.
Given below are a few options, select the one which is not talking about the effects of industrial pollution on the environment and humans.
1) Many of the water resources have high amount of industrial waste in them which has an impact on the ecosystem.
2) With many industries coming up, air pollution has taken toll on the health of the people and the environment.
3) Due to industrial pollution habitats are being lost and species are becoming extinct.
4) Technology is being developed for disposal of waste and for recycling of polluted water.
5) Due to the smoke being released by the industries global warming is increasing.Answer – 4) Technology is being developed for disposal of waste and for recycling of polluted water.
Option 4 would be the correct solution as it talks about the methods the government has taken to overcome this industrial pollution issue. It talks about technologies being upgraded for disposal of wastes into water bodies and for recycling of polluted water.
Other options talk about the effects of industrial pollution on the environment and humans. It causes air, water and soil pollution. It is one of the major reason for the increase in global warming. Forests are being cut which causes many animals losing their habitats and becoming extinct.
- The banking industry in India is increasing rapidly with it’s increased customer base and newly improved and innovative facilities offered by technology. The impact of technology on the Indian banking sector has both positive and negative impacts. The risks are high, as it can be very risky that the data can be hacked. But this risk can be minimized and controlled by taking some important measures that will ensure to protect the data.
Given below are few of the impacts of technology on the banking sector, select the negative impact among them.
1) Banking processes are faster than before
2) Maintenance of documents have become very easy and faster to access them.
3) Increase in unemployment as people are losing their jobs due to automation taking their positions.
4) The scope of frauds in banks is minimized.
5) With introduction of mobile banking everything is one quick tap away.Answer – 3) Increase in unemployment as people are losing their jobs due to automation taking their positions.
Option 3 would be the correct answer as it is the only option which talks about the negative impact of technology being used in banking sectors. It is true that as automation are taking the place many people tend to lose their jobs and thus unemployment increases.
Technology being used in the banking sectors has both advantages as well as disadvantages. The other options talk about the advantages, hence are not correct.
- Globalization is consists of the social, political and economic changes that we all adapt to. The strong currency rates, constructions, trading are all consequences of globalization. There are both positive and negative impacts of this globalization on the economy and it leads to the interconnection between the countries of different culture, caste and heritage. Globalization leads to usage of new innovative ideas of new technology that people tend to start using.
Given below are the impacts of Globalization, select the negative impact among them.
1) It introduces new technologies.
2) It has brought an impact on political and cultural domain.
3) Because of too much exchange of trade, money etc independent domestic policies are lost.
4) Globalization has introduced many different ideologies among people.
5) It introduces better trade.Answer – 3) Because of too much exchange of trade, money etc independent domestic policies are lost.
Option 3 is the correct answer as it is the only option which shows the negative impact of globalization. Due to excess exchange of trade and money it has affected the independent domestic policies. Other options talk about only the positive impacts that are caused because of globalization such as introduction of new technologies, better trades and got positive changes on the political and cultural domains.
- Trees are important as it has improved life through essential necessities. Trees provide the foundation of life. They provide habitat to different species such as bees, birds and squirrels. Trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen which is the most essential need for every living thing. Despite their importance to life, humans cut them down for paper, agriculture, building materials and fuel.
Out of the options given below, select the one which doesn’t show the effects on the ecosystem caused if we cut down trees.
1) Large scale tree cutting can lead to deforestation
2) The destruction of trees encourages global warming.
3) Cutting trees can result in the loss of habitat for animal species.
4) Humans are indiscriminately harvesting forests for their needs.
5) With the elimination of forests, the fertile soil above the ground is lost.Answer – 4) Humans are indiscriminately harvesting forests for their needs.
Option 4 is the correct solution as only that statement does not show the effect of cutting down of trees on the ecosystem. It tells that cause of increase in human population they tend to cut down of trees in a large scale for their own needs such as for building their own habitat, paper, fuel and so on.
Other options show the effects of this on the ecosystem such that it can lead to deforestation, increase in global warming, many animals losing their habitat.