Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Statements & Inferences which is BASED ON Bank EXAMS !!!
Statements & Inferences
Direction: In each of the following question, some statements are given. They may be inferred from the main statement or not. Read both the statements carefully and mark:
- Due to the increase of green house gases being trapped, average temperature is rising all over the world. Temperatures have been increasing in the last 30 years. As the earth is warming up, heat waves are becoming more common in some places of earth. Heat waves are dangerous and can cause illness. The warmer it gets, the more severe the impacts will be on the humans and the environment.Given below are the few options, select the one which does not talk about the effect of increase of temperature on the humans.
1) As the body temperature increases very rapidly, the central nervous system is impacted.
2) Heat waves causes heat cramps, heat stroke, or even death in humans.
3) Heat rash and muscle cramps are earlier signs of people being overwhelmed by heat.
4) Heat exhaustion is a common reaction to severe heat and includes dizziness, headache and fainting.
5) The human body has natural ways of gaining or losing heat to maintain normal body temperature.Answer – 5) The human body has natural ways of gaining or losing heat to maintain normal body temperature.
Option 5 is the correct option which does not talk about the effects of increase of temperature on the humans. It shows that every human body has its own ways by which it maintains its normal body temperature. Other options talk about the effects of heat on the humans. As the temperature in the environment keeps it has many severe impacts on the human body such as it effects the central nervous system, causes heat cramps, heat stroke, heat rash, dizziness, headache or even death.
- The importance of education and learning has been recognized since the beginning of time. Education means a lot in a person’s life as it enhances our learning, knowledge and skill. Education must be given more importance than any other targets as it is the main thing which shapes one’s career. Education has a lot of advantages. Education is a very good tool which benefits all throughout life.Few options are listed below, select the one which isn’t one of the advantages of education on humans.
1) It develops confidence and helps building personality of a person.
2) It makes us strong mentally, socially and intellectually.
3) It brings feeling of equality among all people in the society.
4) It is been listen that every human has a right to education.
5) Education makes a person capable of making him stand strong in the society.Answer – 4) It is been listen that every human has a right to education.
Option 4 would be the correct answer as it does not talk about how education has an impact on the humans. It talks about the government having a rule (i.e.,) right to education, which says that any child whether from a very low class of the society has right to education.
Other options show how by being educated one is being able to stand strong in the society. By education one individual gains confidence, helps building up his personality, makes him mentally strong and such.
- Pesticides are used to control various pests and disease carriers such as rats, ticks and mice. They are used in agriculture to control weeds and fungi too. A pesticide is a chemical or biological agent that kills pests. Although pesticides have benefits, some have drawbacks too if they are used in larger quantities.Given below are some options, select the one which is not one of the the advantages of pesticides.
1) They are used to kill mosquitoes that can transmit potentially deadly diseases like malaria and fever and such.
2) They can also used to kill bees, wasps or ants which cause allergic reactions.
3) They are used to kill weeds that may cause environmental damage.
4) Pesticides are poisons and can cause a number of health effects on humans.
5) DDT, sprayed on the walls of houses that fights malaria.Answer – 4) Pesticides are poisons and can cause a number of health effects on humans.
Option 4 is the correct answer as it talks about how pesticides affect the humans. Pesticides are toxic and when used more than a certain amount can cause a lot of issues to humans. If pesticides are used in more quantity in agriculture then the crops consumed by the humans will have a very bad affect on their health.
Other options talk about the advantages of using pesticides, such as they are used to kill insects as bees, wasps, ants or mosquitoes. They are also used to kill weeds. A common pesticide DDT is sprayed on the house walls which prevents malaria.
- In the year of 1945, two atomic bombs were dropped on Japan cities Hiroshima and Nagasaki which killed hundreds of thousands of people and their effects are still being felt today. It burnt around 70 percent of all buildings and caused an estimated 140,000 deaths by the end of 1945. It increased cancer rates and chronic disease among survivors. Some people who entered the cities after the bombing to provide assistance also died from the radiation.Given below are some options, select which isn’t a long term effect to humans caused due to this.
1) Leukaemia among survivors increased after the bombing.
2) Survivors began suffering from thyroid, breast, lung and other cancers at higher rates.
3) Due to this the ground temperature reached up to 4000C.
4) Children exposed to radiation in their mother’s womb were likely to have intellectual disabilities and impaired growth.
5) Pregnant women exposed to such radiations would experience miscarriage or even death of their infants.Answer – 3) Due to this the ground temperature reached up to 4000C.
Option 3 is the correct option as it does not talk about the long term effects caused due to the bomb blast where as other 4 options does. Option 4 tells us that due to this bombing the ground temperature had reached to a max level but it does not talk or give information on how it had effected the humans so it becomes irrelevant.
Other options talk about the effects of this bombing on humans such as Leukaemia and cancer rates had increased among survivors, and pregnant women would even lose their infants and such.
- Radioactive pollution is highly dangerous and has become a very important topic to be concerned about in today’s scenario. Radioactive pollution is caused when radioactive by products of a nuclear reaction is dumped in the environment. This is contaminating the eco-system causing air, water and soil pollution. It can lead to cancer in humans when it comes in contact with the body.Given below are few options, select which isn’t one of the effects of this on the humans.
1) Low levels of exposure can cause mild skin irritation.
2) If human body comes in contact with these it causes nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea.
3) When radioactive waste is introduced in water bodies it affects the entire aquatic food web.
4) Radioactive rays can cause damage to DNA molecules.
5) If parents are exposed to such radiations, their child could have severe birth defects.Answer – 3) When radioactive waste is introduced in water bodies it affects the entire aquatic food web.
Option 3 is the only option which does not talk about how this radioactive radiations have effected humans. It talks about if it is introduced in water bodes the entire aquatic food web would be affected, but does not show the connection of how this would affect the humans. Thus this is the correct solution.
Other options talks about several effects of radioactive pollution on humans such as causing cancer, vomiting, diarrhoea, skin irritation. It can also alter the DNA molecules.
- The GST is a Value added Tax which is proposed to be a comprehensive indirect tax levy on manufacture, sale and consumption of goods as well as services at the national level. It replaces all the indirect taxes levied on goods and services by the Indian Central and State governments. It has both advantages and as well as disadvantages.Given below are few options, select the one which is not an advantage of the GST.
1) GST eliminates the cascading effect of tax.
2) Unorganized sector is regulated under GST.
3) Improved efficiency of logistics.
4) Due to GST there is increase on cost due to software purchase.
5) The online process of GST is simple and easy.Answer – 4) Due to GST there is increase on cost due to software purchase.
Option 4 is the correct answer as it is the only one which shows the disadvantage of GST. Business have to either update their existing accounting software GST-complaint one or buy a GST software, both the options lead to increase of cost. Thus this proves to be a disadvantage.
Other options talks about the advantages such as this change has improved the efficiency of logistics, eliminates the cascading effect of tax, easy and safe online procedure, and so on.
- Education, in today’s world, is highly paid for and there are still few sections of the country where parents cannot afford to send their children to school as they cannot pay their high fees. Therefore government schools were started such that it would help them get provided with formal education. But these schools are lacking in many ways such that it is not able to provide many things to its students and indirectly it is affecting them.Given below are some options, select the one which is not about the bad things about these school.
1) Children who study in government schools do not have a social environment conducive to their growth.
2) Absenteeism of teachers in these schools is very high.
3) This school is like a boon to those people who cannot afford to send their kids to high private schools.
4) Most of them do not have a proper infrastructure like class rooms, black boards, drinking water and such.
5) No proper technology used.Answer – 3) This school is like a boon to those people who cannot afford to send their kids to high private schools..
Option 3 is the correct answer as it is the only option that shows the advantage of these schools. For parents who aren’t earning well but want to send their kids to school to provide education, government school is the option that they have. There are many drawbacks of such schools which are given in the remaining 4 options that talk about not having proper technology, teachers are absent most of the days, do not have proper infrastructure and so on.
- NASA plans for Americans to orbit the Moon and send astronauts to Mars. It has unveiled its plan for building commercial spaceflight partnerships, long-term human deployment on and around the Moon.Which of the following do not support the statement?
I: NASA has plans for building commercial spaceflight partnerships.
II: NASA plans for Americans to orbit the Moon.
III: NASA has unveiled its plan for long-term human deployment on and around the Mars.
1) Only I
2) Only II
3) Only III
4) All of these
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Only III
Only III as NASA has unveiled its plan for long-term human deployment on and around the Moon. Hence, option 3 is the answer.
- Home Affairs Minister Rajnath Singh has directed all the states to identify Rohingyas, collect their biometrics and submit the reports to the Centre. India will then take action through diplomatic channels with Myanmar to resolve the issue.Which of the following do not support the statement?
I: India will resolve the issue of Rohingyas through diplomatic channels with Myanmar.
II: Home Affairs Minister Rajnath Singh has directed the states to identify Rohingyas, collect their biometrics to Myanmar.
1) Only I
2) Only II
3) None of the above
4) Either I or II
5) Both I and IIAnswer – 2) Only II
The statement says that the religions are the way to achieve long lasting peace which is not related to prosperous or wealthy life. Also it has no relation with poverty.
- Following the Supreme Court verdict allowing entry of women in Sabarimala Temple, the Kerala government will reserve 25% seats in buses and make separate toilets for women pilgrims. The existing bathing Ghats for women will be expanded to accommodate more pilgrims.What can be inferred from the above statement?
I: The Supreme Court verdict has banned the entry of women in Sabarimala Temple.
II: Honouring the Supreme Court verdict, the Kerala government will reserve 25% seats in buses and make separate toilets for women pilgrims.
III: The Kerala government will build new Ghats to accommodate more pilgrims.
1) Only I
2) Only III
3) Only II
4) All of the above
5) None of the aboveAnswer – 3) Only II
Only II is correct. Honouring the Supreme Court verdict, the Kerala government will reserve 25% seats in buses and make separate toilets for women pilgrims. Further, the state government will expand the existing Ghats but not build new ones. Hence, III is wrong. So, option 3 is correct.