Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Puzzles set, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
PO Prelims level Questions:-
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions
Seven Persons – M, N, O, P, Q, R and S – live on separate floors of a seven storeyed building, but not in the same order. The ground floor of the building is numbered 1, the floor above it 2 and so on until the topmost floor is numbered 7.Each person likes different cartoon characters, viz, Chipmnuk, Flinstone, Jetson, Popeye, Scooby Doo, Simpson and Tweety, but not necessarily in the same order.
- The person who likes Popeye lives on floor numbered 4. Only two persons live between P and the one who likes Popeye. M does not live on the lowermost floor. M lives on any odd numbered floor below the one who likes Popeye.
- S lives on an even numbered floor but neither immediately above nor immediately below the floor of M.Only two persons live between M and the person who likes Tweety. Only one person lives between N and R. R lives on an even numbered floor and does not like Popeye.
- Only three persons live between the persons who like Chipmnuk and Jetson respectively. The person who likes Chipmnuk live on any floor above the N’s floor. The person who likes Chipmnuk does not live on the topmost floor.
- O does not like Chipmnuk or Jetson. The person who likes Scooby Doo lives on the floor immediately above the floor of the person who likes Simpson.
|Floor No||Person||Cartoon Character|
- How many persons live between the floors on which S and P live?
E. No one
Answer – C. Four
- Which of the following statements is/are true according to the given information?
A. Q lives on floor numbered 5 and he does not like Popeye
B. M likes Scooby Doo and he does not live on floor numbered 4
C. O likes Flinstone and he lives on the topmost floor
D. Only two persons live between the floors of Q and R
E. All the statements are true.
Answer – E. All the statements are true.
- Who among the following lives on the floor immediately above the floor of M?
E. No one
Answer – A. N
- Who among the following lives exactly between the floors on which S and N live?
E. No one
Answer – D. Q
- Who among the following does like cartoon character Jetson?
Answer – B. P
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions
Seven friends T, U, V, W, X, and Z are students of a school studying in different subjects VI, VII and VIII. Not less than two and not more than three students study in each standard each of them likes to play a different sport in his spare time viz, Carrom, Badminton, Chess, Scrabble, Cards, Table Tennis and Basket Ball, but not necessarily in the same order.
- X does not study in standard VI and likes Table Tennis.
- The one who like Chess studies in Standard VIII.
- U studies in Standard VII only with Y.
- V likes Carrom and studies in the same standard as W and T.
- No one studying in Standard VI like Badminton and Cards.
- W does not like Basket Ball and U does not like cards.
- Which Sport does U like?
A. Table Tennis
C. Basket Ball
E. Cannot be determined
Answer – B. Badminton
- Who likes to play Scrabble?
E. None of these
Answer – A. W
- Which of the following represents the students studying in Standard VIII?
A. X, Y
B. Z, T
C. X, Z
D. U, Y
E. None of these
Answer – C. X, Z
- Which of the following combinations of Student – Standard – Sport is correct?
A. W – VIII – Scrabble
B. U – VI – Badminton
C. T – VI – Cards
D. Z – VIII – Chess
E. None is correct
Answer – D. Z – VIII – Chess
- Which Sport does Y like?
E. Can not be determined
Answer – B. Cards
Note: Dear Readers if you have any doubt in any chapter in Reasoning you can ask here. We will clear your doubts