Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Ordering with Explanation, which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- Harini ranks 13th from the top and 28th from the bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.40
13+28 – 1 = 40
- In a row of thirty five children, A is fifteenth from the right end and there are ten children between A and D. What is D’s position from the left end of the row?
D.Can’t be determined
E.None of theseAnswer – D.Can’t be determined
D………….A(15th from right)……………..D……………..
- In a class of 45 students, Amir’s rank from the top is 16th . Ashok is 6 ranks below Amir. What is Ashok’s rank from the bottom?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.24th
Ashok’s rank from bottom = 45 – (16 + 6) + 1 = 24th
- In the following English alphabets, if first half of the alphabets is written in reverse order.Which of the letter is 8th to the right of 13th letter from the left?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.U
M L K J I H G F E D C B A N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- In a queue of children, Kowsh is fifth from the left and Monika is sixth from the right. When they interchange their places among themselves, Kowsh becomes thirteenth from the left. Now what will be Monika’s position from the right?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.14th
Total num = 13+5 = 18
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
- In a row of children, Divya is 7th from the left and Vijay is 9th from the right. When they interchange their places among themselves, Divya becomes 18th From the left. Then what will be Vijay’s present position from the right ?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.20th
Present postion of Vijay = (18 – 7) + 9 = 20th
- In a column of students Mathu is 10th from the front. Nakul is 3 places ahead of Sunil who is 24nd from the front. How many students are there between Mathu and Nakul in the column?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.10
……………………M(10)………………………..N(20) – – – S(24)
20-10 = 10
- In a row of 45 students facing North, Sahil is 6th to the left of Mahesh. If Mahesh is 30th from the left end of the row, how far is Sahil from the right end of the row?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.22nd
S(24) – – – – -M(30)……………………40
45 – 23 = 22
- In a row of students, Sita and Monish occupy the 8th place from the right end and 10th place from the left end respectively. If they interchange their places, then Sita occupies 16th place from the right end. How many students are there in the row?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.25
Total no of students = 16 + 8 + 1 = 25
- Vishnu is 6 ranks ahead of Sunil in a class of 28.If Sunil’s rank is 14th from the last, what is Vishnu’s rank from the start?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.9th
Rank of Ravi from the last = 14 + 6 = 20th .
Rank of Ravi from the start = (28 – 20) + 1 = 9th.
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.