Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Time and Distance – Trains with Explanation, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI,SSC and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- Two trains A and B start from two places P and Q towards Q and P respectively. After passing each other they take 4 hours 48 minutes and 3 hours and 20 minutes to reach Q and P respectively. If the train from P is moving at 45 km/h then find the speed of other train.
Answer – C)54 km/h
Speed of 2nd train= Speed of first train ×(√Time taken by 1st train after meeting/√Time taken by 2nd train after meeting)
- The speeds of the two trains are in the ration 3:4. they are moving in opposite tracks on parallel tracks. The time taken by both the trains to cross a telegraph line are 5 and 10 second respectively. Find the time taken by the trains to cross each other completely.
B)6 4/7 seconds
C)1 3/7 seconds
D)7 6/7 seconds
Answer – D) 7 6/7 seconds
Explanation :5×3k+10×4k/ 3k+4K
- A train travels a certain distance by taking 3 stops of 20min each. Considering the period of stoppage, the overall speed of the train comes to 40 km/h. While without consideration of stoppage, it is 45 km/h. How much distance must the train have travelled?
Answer – C)360km
distance travelled= 45×8
- Two trains of length 115 m and 110 m respectively run on parallel rails. When running in the same direction the faster train passes the slower one in 25 seconds, but when they are running in opposite directions with the same speeds as earlier, they pass each other in 5 seconds. Find the speed of each train?
A)27m/s 18 m/s
Answer – A)27m/s 18 m/s
- A train covers a distance of 3584 km in 2 days 8 hours. If it covers 1440 km on the first day and 1608 km on second day. By how much does the average speed of the train for the remaining part of the journey differ from that for the entire journey?
A)3 km/h less
B)4 km/h more
C)3 km/h more
D)4 km/h less
Answer – A)3 km/h more
Total time=56 hrs
remaining part=536 remaining time=8 hrs
speed of remaining journey=536/8=67 km/hr
67.64=3 km/h more
- A train travelling with a speed of 60 km/hr catches another train travelling in the same direction and then leaves it 120m behind in 18 seconds. The speed of the second train is
Answer – C)36 km/hr
Explanation :50/3 – x=120/18 => x=10 * 18/5
- Two stations P and Q are 110 km apart on a straight track. One train starts from P at 7 a.m. and travels towards Q at 20 kmph. Another train starts from Q at 8 a.m. and travels towards P at a speed of 25 kmph. At what time will they meet?
Answer – C)10:00 a.m.
Explanation :20x + 25(x-1) = 110
- An express train travelled at an average speed of 100 km/hr, stopping for 3 minutes after every 75 km. How long did it take to reach its destination 600 km from the starting point?
A)5 hrs 30 min
B)6 hrs 23 min
C)6 hrs 21 min
D)5 hrs 46 min
Answer – C)6 hrs 21 min
Time taken to cover 600= 6hrs
No of stoppages=600/75 -1
- A train covers a distance in 50 minutes, if it runs at a speed of 48 km/hr on an average. The speed at which the train must run to reduce the time of journey to 40 minutes will be
Answer – B)60 km/hr
D=48 * 5/6 = 40 km
Time = 40/60 hr = 2/3 hr
New speed = 40*3/2 km/h
- Two friends starting from the same place walk at a rate of 5 km/h and 5.5 km/h respectively. What time will they take to be 8.5km apart, if they walk in the same direction?
Answer – C)17 hrs
Relative speed=0.5 km/hr
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.