Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Time and Distance with Explanation, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI,SSC and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- Sofi started travelling from a place A to B and Priya started travelling from a place B to A which are 576 km apart. They meet after 12 hours. After their meeting, Sofi increased her speed by 2 km/hr and Priya reduced her speed by 2 km/hr, they arrived at B and A respectively at the same time. What is their initial speed?
A. 21 kmph, 23 kmph
B. 25 kmph, 27 kmph
C. 25 kmph, 23 kmph
D. 24 kmph, 26 kmphAnswer – C. 25 kmph, 23 kmph
Sum of their speeds = Distance/time = 576/12 = 48 kmph
Respective Speed of Sofi and Priya = (25 + 23) = 48 kmph
- A and B set out at the same time to walk towards each other respectively from a place P and Q 144 km apart. A walks at the constant speed of 8 km/h, while B walks 4 km in the first hour, 5 km in the second hour, 6 km in the third hour and so on. Then the “A” will meet “B” at?
A. 36 km
B. 72 km
C. 56 km
D. 26 kmAnswer – B. 72 km
Distance travelled by them in first hour = 12 km
Distance travelled by them in second hour = 13 km and so on
In 9 hours both will cover exactly 144 km.
In 9 hours each will cover half the total distance.
- Two Vans start from a place with a speed of 50 kmph at an interval of 12 minutes. What is the speed of a car coming from the opposite direction towards the place if the car meets the vans at an interval of 10 minutes?
A. 13 kmph
B. 10 kmph
C. 14 kmph
D. 16 kmph
E. None of theseAnswer – B. 10 kmph
50*12/60 = 10/60 * (50+x)
600 = 500 + 10x
x = 10 kmph
- A car travels from a place A to B in 7 hour. It covers half the distance at 30 kmph and the remaining distance at 40 kmph, what is the total distance between A and B?
A. 120 Km
B. 250 Km
C. 240 Km
D. 150 KmAnswer – C. 240 Km
Total Distance = x
(x/2*30) +(x/2*40) = 7
x = 240
- Two persons A and B start from the opposite ends of a 450 km straight track and run to and from between the two ends. The speed of the first person is 25 m/s and the speed of other is 35 m/s. They continue their motion for 10 hours. How many times did they pass each other?
D. 2Answer – D. 2
First person speed = 25 m/s * 18/5 = 90 kmph
Second person speed = 35 m/s * 18/5 = 126 kmph
First person covers 90 * 10 = 900km
900/450 = 2
- A truck travelled to a place Q from P, the first 50 km at 10 kmph faster than the usual speed, but it returned the same distance at 10 kmph slower than usual speed. If the total time taken by the truck is 12 hours, then how many hours will travel at the faster speed?
A. 8 hours
B. 6 hours
C. 2 hours
D. 3 hoursAnswer – C. 2 hours
Total time taken,
[50/(x-10)] + 50/(x +10)] = 12 hours.
By solving the equation, we get
x = 15
Time is taken by the truck at faster speed = 50/(15+10) = 2 hours.
- Mr.Kavin walks at 4/5 of his normal speed and takes 60 minutes more than the usual time. What will be the new time taken by Mr. Kavin?
A. 260 minutes
B. 235 minutes
C. 220 minutes
D. 300 minutesAnswer – D. 300 minutes
4/5 of speed = 5/4 of original time
5/4 of original time = original time + 60 minutes;
1/4 of original time = 60 minutes;
Thus, original time = 60*4 = 240 minutes = 240 + 60 = 300 minutes
- A travel bus normally reaches its destination at 60 kmph in 20 hours. Find the speed of that travel bus at which it travels to reduce the time by 5 hours?
A. 80 kmph
B. 60 kmph
C. 50 kmph
D. 40 kmphAnswer – A. 80 kmph
60 * 20 = x *15
x = 80 kmph
- A Lion starts chasing a Giraffe. It takes 4 hours to catch the Giraffe. If the speed of the Lion is 40 km/h. What is the speed of Giraffe?
A. 20 km/h
B. 50 km/h
C. 40 km/h
D. 70 km/hAnswer – A. 20 km/h
Giraffe Speed = x Kmph
4 = 4*x/(40-x)
x = 20 km/h.
- Anu and Purvi are running on a circular track of length 500m. The Speed of Anu is 40 m/s and that of Purvi is 30 m/s. They start from the same point at the same time in the same direction. When will they meet again for the first time?
A. 25 s
B. 23 s
C. 50 s
D. 48 sAnswer – C. 50 s
Time = Distance/Relative Speed = 500/10 = 50 s