Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Time and Distance- Boats and streams with Explanation, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI,SSC and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- If Nishu can swim downstream at 6kmph and upstream at 2kmph.What is his
speed in still water ?
- Ashok can row upstream at 8kmph and downstream at 12kmph.What is the
speed of the stream ?
- A man rows 750m in 775 seconds against the stream and returns in 7
1/2 minutes. What is rowing speed in still water ?
- A man can row 9 (1/3) kmph in still water and finds that it takes him
thrice as much time to row up than as to row down the same distance in the
river. What is speed of the current ?
C.4 (2/3) km/hr
- Sham can row a boat at 10kmph in still water. IF the speed of the
stream is 6kmph, the time taken to row a distance of 80km down the stream
- A boat takes 4hours for traveling downstream from point P to point
Q and coming back to point P upstream. If the velocity of the stream is 2km
ph and the speed of the boat in still water is 4kmph, what is the distance
between P and Q?
- Speed of a boat in standing water is 9kmph and the speed of the
stream is 1.5kmph. A man rows to a place at a distance of 10.5 km and
comes back to the starting point. Find the total time taken by him.
- A man rows to a place 48km distant and back in 14 hours. He finds
that he can row 4km with the stream in the same time as 3km against the
stream. Find the rate of the stream.
- There is road besides a river. Two friends started from a place P, moved to a shopping mall
situated at another place Q and then returned to P again. One of them moves on a cycle at
a speed of 12 km/hr, while the other sails on a boat at a speed of 10 km/hr. If the river
flows at the speed of 4 km/hr, which of the two friends will return to place P?
D. None of these
- A this usual rowing rate, Mohit can travel 12 miles downstream in a certain river in 6
hours less than it takes him to travel the same distance upstream. But if he could double
his usual rowing rate for his 24 miles round trip, the downstream 12 miles would then
take only one hour less than the upstream 12 miles. What is the speed of the current in
miles per hour?