World No. 1 Novak Djokovic defeated his rival Rafael Nadal by 6-1, 6-2 to win the Qatar Open title.
- He captured his sixth consecutive ATP World Tour title and 60th overall at the tour level.
- He became just the 10th player in the Open Era to reach the 60-title milestone.
|Singles||Novak Djokovic (Serbia)||Rafael Nadal (Spain)|
|Doubles||Feliciano Lopez (Spain)
Marc Lopez (Spain)
|Philipp Petzschner (Germany)
Alexander Peya (Austria)
About Qatar Open
The Qatar Open aka Qatar ExxonMobil Open is a professional tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It is currently part of the ATP World Tour 250 series of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour.
- It is held annually in January at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha, Qatar, since 1993.
Novak Djokovic 2015 wins
From total of 15 single finals he won 11 titles which include 3 of the year’s four grand slams. In rest he stood 4 as runners-up.
- Wins – Australian Open, BNP Paribas Open, Miami Open presented by Itau, Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, Internazionali BNL d’Italia, Wimbledon, US Open, China Open, Shanghai Rolex Masters, BNP Paribas Masters and ATP World Tour Finals
- He is currently ranked world No. 1 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- His calender prize money for 2015 – $21,646,145 (singles & doubles)
ITF World Champion: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
ATP Player of the Year: 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015