Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis unveiled “Laman Diva” as the logo of the first Make in India (MII) Week scheduled to be held in Mumbai between February 13 and 18, which will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Laman Diva or Nanda Deep has great relevance in Indian culture as it symbolizes auspicious beginning, peace, prosperity, growth.
- This is also the logo of Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation. The only added elements are the cogs and parts of the Make in India Lion logo to signify the manufacturing potential of Maharashtra.
Organizers of MII Week – The Make in India Week will be jointly organized by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Union ministry of commerce and industry, CII and Maharashtra government at Mumbai.
Theme – Innovation, design and sustainability
Participants – About 10,000 delegates from across the world are expected to visit the city during the Make in India Week. It will also feature participation from different Indian states through State Pavilions.
Key Features of MII Week
The Make in India Centre at Bandra Kurla Complex will feature an exhibition of most innovative products and manufacturing process in India. Several seminars on sectors like Medium and Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), tourism, textiles, information and technology, non-conventional energy etc. will be organised.
- The State pavilions will highlight India’s major manufacturing states, their achievements and investment potentials.
- Time magazine will institute Time India awards for the first time at the MII Week.
- The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation will provide hoardings and bus shelters to showcase Make in India Week.
- On February 14, the DIPP and Maharashtra government will jointly host the Asia Business Forum and will followed by the Maharashtra Night which will showcase the State’s culture, arts and music.
- On February 15, Maharashtra Investment Summit will held, which will be chaired by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- On February 16, Make in Mumbai summit will be held with sessions on urban development and infrastructure of Mumbai following by the Elephanta cultural festival.
Why Maharashtra has been picked up for MII?
Maharashtra remained number one in FDI flows and with contributions of 13% to India’s GDP and 18% to national manufacturing output, it was the ideal State to host the first ever Make in India Week.