Foundation stone lays for AP’s new capital city
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Andhra Pradesh’s capital city Amaravati at Uddandarayunipalem village in Guntur district on the occasion of Dussehra. Event will be held on the banks of River Krishna.
(Andhra Pradesh CM – N Chandrababu Naidu)
Event was attended by
Telangana CM – K Chandrasekhar Rao
Punjab CM – Parkash Singh Badal
Tamil Nadu Governor – Rosaiah
Andhra Pradesh Governor – ESL Narasimhan
Assam and Nagaland Governor – Padmanabha Acharya
Along with political leaders around 5 lakh people are expected to attend the function.
The Master plan has been prepared by the Singapore government agencies for the three-layered capital – seed capital, capital city and capital region.
- The name Amaravati reflects the historical and mythological significance as it was once the seat of power of Satavahana rulers.
- It will be built on 217.23 square kilometres (83.87 sq. mi) of land.
- It will be administered by Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA).
- The centre would provide funds for construction of legislature buildings as per the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act.
Inauguration of New Integrated Terminal Building in Tirupati
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the “New Integrated Terminal Building” aka “Garuda Terminal” at the Tirupati International Airport that will enhance the connectivity to the famous temple town in Andhra Pradesh.
(Union Minister for Civil Aviation – P Ashok Gajapathi Raju)
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has spent Rs. 191 crores to build the new terminal.
- The steel and glass integrated terminal built over an area of 16,500 sq. m plus 5,500 sq. m of basement and is equipped with state-of-art modern passenger friendly facilities.
- It can handle 500 domestic and 200 international passengers at a time and has a peak-hour handling capacity of 700 passengers.
- The new terminal can handle code ‘D’ and code ‘C’ types of aircraft with link taxi, apron and associated infrastructure.
- It has 18 check-in-counters, 4 immigration counters, 4 baggage conveyors for arrival and 1 for departure, 3 baggage claim carousels, 2 VIP lounges and parking for 250 cars.
Foundation stone lays for Mobile Manufacturing Hub in Tirupati
Prime Minister Modi also laid foundation stone of Shri Venkateswara Mobile and Electronics Manufacturing Hub, the country’s first mobile manufacturing electronics cluster which will create more than 10,000 jobs within a year. The hub is expected to contribute at least 5 percent of all-India target of 15 lakh jobs by 2019.
- Foxconn has already started operations in Andhra Pradesh for manufacturing brands such as Xiomi and Gionee. Other like Micromax, UTL (Karbonn) and Celkon are also in line of starting their manufacturing operations soon.