On April 7, 2017, Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the three-day National Children’s Film Festival (NCFF) at VUDA Children’s Arena in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- This event has been organised by the Children’s Film Society India (CFSI) in association with the Government of Andhra Pradesh. It is an extension of 2nd Edition of NCFF that was held in Jaipur from 14th-16th November 2016.
- Nikhileshwar, the child artist who played the role of young Baahubali in the movie ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’, attended the inaugural function as guest of honor.
- Other dignitaries present at the inaugural function: Ganta Srinivasa Rao – Andhra Pradesh HRD Minister, Mukesh Khanna – Actor and Chairman of CFSI, K Haribabu – Member of Parliament from Visakhapatnam, Dr. Shravan Kumar – CEO of CFSI and M Srinivas Rao – Member of Parliament from Anakapalli.
- Speaking at the inaugural function, Mr, Naidu mentioned that ‘children’s films and programs not only help in imparting knowledge but also help in creating awareness about social issues and various Govt. yojanas among children’.
Main attractions during NCFF, Visakhapatnam:
- The opening film of the NCFF is “Shanu – The Optimist”, directed by K.N.T. Sastry and produced by CFSI in 2016.
- During the course of the festival, over 24 CFSI films will be shown across 12 screens (provided by Andhra Pradesh State Govt.) in the city. Over 40000 children are expected to watch these films.
- Children will also be encouraged to participate in various workshops related to films.
About National Children’s Film Festival (NCFF):
In a bid to increase the audience base for children’s films in India and to encourage fresh talent, CFSI announced to organise National Children’s Film Festival (NCFF).
- The first edition of NCFF was held in year 2014 in Delhi. In 2016 2nd Edition was held in Jaipur with a central theme of ‘Make In India’. NCFF focuses on films that are produced in India or are shot by Indians.
Quick Facts about Children’s Film Society of India (CFSI):
Children’s Film Society India (CFSI) was founded by India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. It is an autonomous organisation functioning under Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. It is involved in production of Children’s films and television programs in different Indian languages with an objective to provide healthy and wholesome entertainment to Indian children.
- Formation Year: 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Current Chairperson: Mukesh Khanna
- Current CEO: Shravan Kumar
- Tag Line: Promoting Every Child’s Right to Entertainment