On June 25, 2017, Manushi Chhillar from Haryana won Femina Miss India 2017 title. Sana Dua from Jammu and Kashmir is the first runner-up and the second runner-up is Priyanka Kumari from Bihar.
About Manushi Chhillar:
Born to doctor parents, Manushi Chhillar studied in St. Thomas School in Delhi and Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonepat.
- In an interview during her grooming, she said, “The only thing I believe is certain in life is uncertainty and this is what is amazing about the pageant.”
More Details about 54th Femina Miss India World 2017:
The event was held at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai on June 25, 2017.
- Karan Johar and Riteish Deshmukh hosted the event; whereas Sonu Nigam, Alia Bhatt, Sushant Singh Rajput and Ranbir Kapoor performed live on-stage to entertain the guests.
- Following a new format this year, the beauty pageant toured 30 states/UTs across India and young girls from various states including Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand participated in the contest.
- All the 30 participants were mentored by Neha Dhupia, Waluscha De Sousa, Dipannita Sharma and Parvathy Omanakuttan.
- For the first time, the participants wore Indian dress at the finale. The dresses were designed by Manish Malhotra.
- The final round was judged by Miss World 2016 Stephanie Del Valle, along with Bollywood stars likeArjun Rampal, Bipasha Basu, fashion designer Manish Malhotra, Abhishek Kapoor, Vidyut Jammwal, Ileana D’Cruz among others.