On 6th and 7th July, 2017, National Security Guard (NSG) organised First International Aviation Security Seminar in Manesar, Haryana.
Highlights of first International Aviation Security seminar:
The focus of the two-day seminar was to bring the major stakeholders of the industry and the officials of various agencies involved in aviation security under one roof with a purpose of pooling in ideas, discuss procedures and measures that can further enhance security and increase the efficiency of organisations such as NSG and paramilitary forces that shoulder the responsibility to counter incidents such as hijacking etc.
- The seminar was inaugurated by Minister of State for Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha on July 6, 2017, whereas Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (I/C) Rajiv Pratap Rudy attended the seminar on the second day.
- About 300 delegates/officials from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Directorate General of Civil Aviation, Airports Authority of India, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security of India, Central Industrial Security Force, State Police Forces, Airports, Airlines, Foreign Security /Aviation of USA, France, Germany and Sri Lanka participated in the seminar.
- Prominent personalities/speakers from various organizations/aviation sector delivered lectures and shared valuable views on the matter of aviation security.
- Weapons and equipment were also displayed showcasing the current weapons and systems used by the forces and cutting edge systems considered for future planning.
- Airline staff and crew members, who had witnessed real time situations, shared experiences and discussed measures regarding right plans of action during incidents of high jacking etc.
- Rudy also unfurled the tricolor at the 26th highest Monumental Flagpole in the NSG campus.
Quick Facts about National Security Guard (NSG):
- Founded in: 1984
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Governing Body: Union Ministry of Home Affairs
- Current Director General: Sudhir Pratap Singh