This was for the first time in the history of Haryana , the sex ratio has touched the 950 mark. Haryana CM Manohar LalKhattar said that the sex ratio at birth stood at 950 girls to 1000 boys.
- After the launch of “BetiBachao, BetiPadho” scheme by our PM Narendra Modi accepted the challenge of improving the sex ratio of Haryana.
- It launched a massive campaign in Haryana for promoting a girl child and strictly implementing Pre- Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCPNDT) Act, 1994 and Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP) Act 1971.
- CM also mentioned that more than 430 FIRs have been filed in the state under PC-PNDT Act and the MTP act in the last two years.
- Misuse of MTP Kits for illegal abortion purposes was also detected and culprits were
sentenced under MTP Act Drugs Act and IPC.
- In 2016 for the first time Haryana sex ratio at birth crossed the 900 mark.
- In the past Haryana sex ratio was 879 females per 1000 maleswhich is very doleful matter for a state.
- Haryana also marked as a worst state among all states in terms of sex ratio in the country.
Awareness has increased among people and they treat their girls as an asset not as a liability.
- Girls also get a platform to perform their capabilities and enhance their skills to perform well.
- A woman also plays a major role in improving our country’s economy. Like Chanda Kochhar (CEO of ICICI Bank, Arundhati Bhattacharya (CEO of SBI Bank).
- All these women take our country to new heights.
History of Haryana:
♦ Haryana is one of the states in India situated in North India.
♦ Capital- Chandigarh
♦ CM- ManoharLalKhattar
♦ Governor- Kaptan Singh Solanki
♦ Language- Hindi, Punjabi
♦ Symbols of Haryana- Animal – Black Buck , Bird- Black Francolin, Flower- Lotus , Tree- Peepal