AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 25 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Indian Railways will soon start the final location survey of the 498 km long Bilaspur-Manali-Leh line at Leh in Jammu and Kashmir. Coming up at a height of ______ metres, the strategically important rail project is touted to become the highest rail track in the world, overtaking China’s Qinghai–Tibet Railway.
Answer – 2.3300
The proposed new rail line will connect all important locations between Bilaspur and Leh namely Sunder Nagar Mandi, Manali, Tandi, Keylong, Koksar, Darcha, Upshi and Karu. Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu will inaugurate the work for the final location survey on June 27, 2017 at an estimated cost of Rs 157.77 crore.
- Indians can travel to Nepal and Bhutan-both countries for which they don’t need visas-if they possess a valid national passport or:
1.Election ID Card
Answer – 1.Election ID Card
Union Home Ministry has said, Aadhaar is not a valid identification document for Indians travelling to Nepal and Bhutan. Indians can travel to Nepal and Bhutan–both countries for which they don’t need visas–if they possess a valid national passport or election ID card issued by the Election Commission.
- Which State Government, has launched a toll free 24/7 helpline number ‘181’ for women in the state?
Answer – 4.Manipur
For the first time in the history of Manipur, a helpline especially for women has been launched by Manipur State Commission for Women (MSCW) and department of social welfare. The helpline “181” was launched by State Minister for Social Welfare and Corporation Nemcha Kipgen.
- Jagannath Temple at Puri is located in which India state?
Answer – 5.Odisha
The 135thJagannathYatra started from June 25, 2017 and will end on July 3, 2017. Every year in Odisha’s Puri town, idols of three deities — Lord Jagannath, his brother Balabhadra and sister Subhadra — are taken out of the 12th century Jagannath Temple in chariots to another shrine, Gundicha, three km away in the same town.
- As per World Drug Report 2017, released by United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), around _______ million people in the world were engaged in problematic use of drugs and suffered from drug use disorders, including dependence.
Answer – 1.29.5 million
World Drug Report highlighted that Opioids (drugs derived from opium, including morphine) were the most harmful drug type and accounted for 70% of the negative health impact associated with drug use disorders worldwide.
- Headquarters of World Taekwondo Federation is located in:
Answer – 2.South Korea
The World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) has changed its name to World Taekwondo because of the “negative connotations” associated with its abbreviation. The organisation had used the previous name since it was established in 1973.
- Report from which entity has mentioned that greater emissions reductions and delivering on the Paris climate agreement are now “the only opportunity” to save coral reefs the world over from decline?
4.World Wildlife Fund for Nature
5.World Environment Center
Answer – 3.UNESCO
The first global scientific assessment of the impacts of climate change on the 29 world heritage-listed coral reefs, published by UNESCO found that the frequency, intensity and duration of heat-stress events had worsened with increasing global warming, with massive consequences for the 29 world heritage sites.
- According to the second edition of Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) statistical publication titled ‘Handbook of Statistics on States 2016-17’, total gross fiscal deficits of Indian states shot up to Rs _____ trillion in fiscal 2016
Answer – 4.4.93 trillion
According to the second edition of Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) statistical publication titled ‘Handbook of Statistics on States 2016-17’, total gross fiscal deficits of Indian states shot up to Rs 4,93,360 crore in fiscal 2016 from Rs 18,790 crore in FY1991. Rajasthan with Rs 67,350 crore deficit in FY16 and Uttar Pradesh with Rs 64,320 crore deficit in FY16 accounted for the largest chunks in the total gross fiscal deficits of Indian States.
- Sports Journalists Federation of India (SJFI), at its annual general meeting on June 25, 2017, decided to confer the best Sports person of the Year award on which sports person?
1.P V Sindhu
Answer – 1.P V Sindhu
The Sports Journalists Federation of India (SJFI), at its annual general meeting on June 25, 2017, decided to confer the best Sportsperson of the Year award on Badminton player P V Sindhu and Best Team of the Year award to Indian Junior Hockey Squad. P V Sindhu clinched the silver medal at Olympic Games at Rio in August 2016. The Indian junior hockey team won the Junior World Cup title by defeating Belgium 2-1 in the final held at Lucknow in December 2016.
- Sunil Kakar has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of which company:
Answer – 1.IDFC Ltd.
IDFC Ltd has announced the elevation of its CFO Sunil Kakar as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the company with effect from July 16 for three years. Kakar has also been appointed as additional director. Both the appointments are subject to shareholders’ approval at the annual general meeting (AGM).
- Railways are installing integrated circuit (IC) chips developed by _________on locomotives of trains to alert road users at unmanned level crossings about approaching trains.
Answer – 3.ISRO
Road users will be warned by hooters once a train approaches an unmanned level crossing as railways are installing ISRO-developed integrated circuit (IC) chips on locomotives of trains. On a pilot basis, the Mumbai and Guwahati Rajdhani trains will be equipped with this system.
- Which Indian Badminton player clinched his fourth Super Series title with an incredible straight-game triumph over reigning Olympic and world champion Chen Long in the Australian Open final in Sydney on June 25, 2017?
Answer – 4.Kidambi Srikanth
The world no.11 Srikanth won 22-20, 21-16 in a 45-minute clash against the world no.6 Chen Long, who is also a two-time All England champion. This is Srikanth’s second successive win after clinching the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier title last week.
- Anish Bhanwala is associated with which sport?
Answer – 1.ShootingExplanation :
Haryana’s Anish Bhanwala set a junior world record to win the gold medal in the 25-metre standard pistol at the ISSF Junior Shooting World Championship in Germany on June 24, 2017. Anish registered a score of 579, going past the previous record of 574 set in 2002.
- Who among the following is the author of the book ‘The Emergency – Indian Democracy’s Darkest Hour’?
1.A Surya Prakash
2.D Shankar Nath3.G Krishna Reddy
4.K Naveen Chand
5.L Jeevan Lal
Answer – 1.A Surya Prakash
‘The Emergency – Indian Democracy’s Darkest Hour’ by A Surya Prakash was launched by Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting Venkaiah Naidu on June 25, 2017 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The book launch was organised as part of the day-long convention organized to mark the anniversary of the Emergency in Ahmedabad.
- Central Government observed anti-Emergency day on which dates?
1.21st and 22nd June
2.23rd and 24th June
3.25th and 26th June
4.27th and 28th June
5.29th and 30th June
Answer – 3.25th and 26th June
Central Government observed anti-Emergency day on June 25-26 and asked all its ministers to hold programmes across the country to remind people how Emergency was clamped by former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi in 1975.
- What was the theme of ‘Day of the Seafarer’ 2017, observed on June 25, 2017?
4.Technology for Seafarers
5.Seafarers and Ocean Conservation
Answer – 1.Seafarers Matter
Day of the Seafarer is observed to recognize the unique contribution made by seafarers from all over the world to international seaborne trade, the world economy and civil society as a whole.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.