India ranked 22nd among world’s best countries today India proved itself as the world’s fastest growing economy. India ranked 22nd among world’s best countries, this report was released by the World Economic Forum in the annual meeting. India that exports a wide range of advanced products everything from jet engines to medicines to soybeans. India’s growth rate is expected to rise to 7.5 per cent this year.
Highlights of Reports:
- Top five countries are Germany, Canada, the UK, the USA and Sweden respectively and China is ranked 17.
- The survey was conducted among 16,200 business leaders and other high-fliers.
- According to the report India faces its fair share of international and domestic challenges.
- The report has been prepared by US News and World Report and New York-based brand consultancy BAV Consulting and Wharton School of Business .
Details about the meeting
- The meeting was held in Davos, Switzerland.
- Theme: “Mastering the fourth industrial Revolution”.
- The meeting brings together international political leaders, journalists, selected intellectuals and business persons from the world.
- In 4-day conference issues like growing terror threat, tumbling oil prices, environmental issues and China’s uncertain economic prospects.
- In the Meeting they will also analysis the latest efforts to develop industrial production with robotics, artificial intelligence and information technology.
Key points about WEF
- WEF stand for World Economic Firm.
- WEF is a Swiss charitable foundation.
- WEF was established by Klaus Schwab in 1971, 45 years ago.
- It is an international institution for public Private Corporation.
- Mission: Committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders o the society to shape globe, regional and industry agenda.