Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to World Gk(World History) !!!
- In which year America got Independence from England ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.1776
American won Independence from England in 1776, there were 13 colonies which formed a federal government. Colonies expanded from east coast to west forming 34 states by 1861
- The 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall is observed in ___________
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.2014
The Berlin Wall was a barrier that existed from 1961 through 1989, constructed by the German Democratic Republic (GDR, East Germany). Fall of the Berlin Wall (1989) is a major event in European History.
- “All powers to the Soviets” is the slogan given by whom ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Vladimir Lenin
Vladimir Lenin was the dynamic leader. He gave the slogan – “All powers to the Soviets”. He described Russia as “prison of nations” where no genuine democracy could be established unless all the non Russian peoples were given equal rights
- In which year Soviet Russia introduced the New Economic Policy(NEP) ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.1921
The New Economic Policy was an economic policy of Soviet Russia proposed by Vladimir Lenin in 1921, who described it as a progression towards “state capitalism” within the workers’ state of the USSR.
- The Taiping Rebellion is a civil war related with which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.China
The Taiping Rebellion or Taiping Civil War was a massive rebellion or civil war in China that lasted from 1850 to 1864 fought between the established Manchu-led Qing dynasty and the millenarian movement of the Heavenly Kingdom of Peace
- Who is also known as ‘The Scourge of God” ?
1.Attila the Hun
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Attila the Hun
The non-Christian Attila had become known as the “scourge of god. Attila, frequently referred to as Attila the Hun, was the ruler of the Huns from 434 until his death in March 453.
- Who is the first Western explorer to reach China ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Marco Polo
“Marco Polo” (1254 – 1324) an Italian merchant traveler is considered as the first Western explorer to reach China.
- The Hundred Years’ War is the long conflict between England & France during which periods ?
1.1337 to 1453
2.1237 to 1336
3.1456 to 1535
4.1780 to 1879
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.1337 to 1453
The name the Hundred Years’ War has been used by historians since the beginning of the nineteenth century to describe the long conflict that pitted the kings and kingdoms of France and England against each other from 1337 to 1453.
- In the world history, The Magna Carta is associated with
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.England
The Magna Carta was signed in June 1215 between the barons of Medieval England and King John. ‘Magna Carta’ is Latin and means “Great Charter”.
- The Battle of Hastings was fought between which two countries ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Engalnd, France
The Battle of Hastings was fought on 14 October 1066 between the Norman-French army of William, the Duke of Normandy, and an English army under the Anglo-Saxon King Harold Godwinson, beginning the Norman conquest of England.