Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to World Gk(World Geography) !!!
- The process of formation of a front is known as
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Frontogenesis
The process of formation of a front is known as Frontogenesis (war between two air masses), and dissipation of a front is known as Frontolysis (one of the air masses win against the other).
- The worlds oldest and largest crater lake is located in
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.India
Lonar Crater the worlds oldest and largest crater in India is located in state of Maharashtra’s District Buldhana.
- Atmosphere contains huge numbers of solid and liquid particles, collectively called as
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Aerosols
Aerosols are minute particles suspended in the atmosphere.
- Which of the following is also called as “Lighthouse of the Mediterranean”?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Sicily Island
Stromboli is a small island in the Tyrrhenian Sea, off the north coast of Sicily, containing one of the three active volcanoes in Italy. The volcano has erupted many times and is constantly active with minor eruptions, often visible from many points on the island and from the surrounding sea, giving rise to the island’s nickname “Lighthouse of the Mediterranean”
- Columnar basalts located in which state of India ?
3.J & K
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Karnataka
Columnar Basaltic Lava, Coconut Island (St. Mary’s Islands), Udupi District, Karnataka displays majestic array of multi-faced columns developed in the basalts of Deccan Trap.
- Which is the height of the mountains from the ocean floor ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Mauna Kea
Mauna Kea, is a dormant volcano on the island of Hawaii. Standing 4,207 m above sea level, its peak is the highest point in the state of Hawaii
- Which of the following is true with respect to Basaltic Magma ?
1.Less Silica, Less Viscosity
2.Less Viscosity, More Silica
3.High Viscosity, More Silica
4.More Silica, Less Viscosity
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Less Silica, Less Viscosity
Basaltic magma flows out along the divergent edge (Fissure type volcano).Basaltic magma contain less silica and it has less viscosity .
- Indonesian and Philippine archipelagos are formed due to
1.North – South Wind Convergence
2.Ocean – Ocean Convergence
3.Ocean – Land Convergence
4.Land – Land Convergence
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ocean – Ocean Convergence
Both Indonesian and Philippines archipelagos are a result of a Ocean – Ocean Convergence
- One Knot is equal to how many Kiliometers ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.1.852 Km
The knot is a unit of speed equal to one nautical mile (1.852 km) per hour, approximately 1.151 mph. The ISO Standard symbol for the knot is kn.
- Front is a ………… dimensional boundary zone formed between two converging air masses
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Three
Front is a three dimensional boundary zone formed between two converging air masses with different physicalproperties