Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for UPSC, NABARD and other Competitive exam We have created Some questions related to India Gk(Indian Agriculture) !!!
- Jal Lahri is a variety of which crop ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Paddy
Paddy Varities – Sambha Mahsuri, Jalpriya, Jalnidhi, Jal Lahri
- In India, first Dwarf variety of rice Introduced in
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.1963
In 1963, ICAR introduced several Semidwarf selections from CIMMYT. Kalyan Sona and Sonalika were selected from these materials.
- Golden Rice is a type of rice, which is rich in which Vitamin ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Vitamin A
Golden Rice is a new type of rice that contains beta carotene, a source of vitamin A. Golden Rice is being developed as a potential new food-based approach to improve vitamin A status.
- ……………… is the first dwarf aromatic (non basmati) rice variety in India
3.CR Sugandh Dhan
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.CR Sugandh Dhan
CR Sugandh Dhan 907 (CR 2616-3-3-31): It is a late maturing (150 days), first dwarf aromatic (non basmati) rice variety, recently released and notified (2012 and 2013) for cultivation in irrigated late ecology of Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Gujrat.
- Which country has developed a rice variety which has vaccine of Haija ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Japan
A genetically modified strain of rice that expresses a vaccine for Haija has been developed by researchers at the University of Tokyo.
- First superfine cereal in the world is …………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Pus 1460
Improved Pusa Basmati – 1 (Pusa 1460) is the World’s first superfine grain aromatic rice hybrid possesses typical Basmati quality traits
- The Productivity of rice is highest in which state of India ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.West Bengal
The Productivity of rice is highest in West Bengal(15023.68 thousand tonnes) followed by Uttar Pradesg and Andhra Pradesh
- The Brown rice has a shelf life of approximately how many months ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.6
Brown rice has a shelf life of approximately 6 months,but hermetic storage, refrigeration or freezing can significantly extend its lifetime. Freezing, even periodically, can also help control infestations of Indian meal moths.
- Which of the following rice is also known as ‘ Enriched Rice’ ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Brown Rice
Brown rice retains the inner seed coating called rice bran. It is also called as Enriched rice.
- The first dwarf variety of paddy in India is …………………
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Jaya
First dwarf variety of paddy developed in India is Jaya. Padma and Jaya were the first varieties that emerged from the programme.