Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for UPSC, NABARD and other Competitive exam We have created Some questions related to India Gk(Indian Agriculture) !!!
- Which of the following is Non-food crops ?
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.All of these
Food Crops : Food Grains Cereals & Millets + Pulses Fruits & Vegetables
Non Food Crops:Oil seeds, Fiber crops and Forage crops
- ………………. is the science of mulberry cultivation for silk production
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Moriculture
Moriculture is the science of mulberry cultivation for silk production because silkworm rear on it.
- Which type of soil are found in the Northern parts of Gujarat ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Alluvial Soil
Alluvial soils are formed mainly due to silt deposited by Indo-Gangetic-Brahmaputra rivers.Alluvial soils are found in the Narmada, Tapi valleys and Northern parts of Gujarat.
- The Black Soils are not found in which state of India ?
5.JharkahnadAnswer – 5.Jharkahnad
Alluvial Soils are Spread over 46 lakh sq km (16.6 per cent of the total area) across Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, parts of Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.
- The Red soils are found in
5.West BengalAnswer – 4.Odisha
Red soils cover almost the whole of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Maharashtra and parts of Orissa.
- Which type of soil is most suitable for cotton cultivation ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Black Soil
Black soil is rich in chemical properties and very suitable for the growth of cotton, jowar, wheat, linseed, ground nut and gram.
- Which soil is not suitable for Agriculture ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Laterite Soil
Laterite soils are not suitable for Agriculture because they can’t retain moisture.
- The soil which is rich in Organic matter ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Peaty soil
Peaty soil – Large quantity of dead organic matter accumulates in these areas, and this gives a rich humus and organic content to the soil.
- AgRIS is an e-governance programme for Agriculture.In AgRIS ‘I’ denotes
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Information
The Agricultural Resources Information System (AgRIS) is an e-governance programme for fostering agricultural growth, poverty reduction and sustainable resource use in India at grassroots level by the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation (DAC)
- Which branch of agriculture is related with Silk ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Sericulture
Sericulture is an agro-based industry. It involves rearing of silkworms for the production of raw silk.