Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which state has launched Water Distribution Monitoring Portal ‘Smart Water Distribution Monitoring’ on November 23, 2016, to track the status of drinking water in the nearby water tanks?
Answer – D.Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, N Chandrababu Naidu has launched the ‘Smart Water Distribution Monitoring’ web portal on November 23, 2016, which will enable the people to track the status of drinking water in the nearby water tanks. The Water Distribution Monitoring portal can be accessed from the website ourvmc.org.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by P.M Modi has approved the setting up of how many Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) in uncovered districts with an outlay of Rs. 2,871 crore?
Answer – A.62
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on November 23, 2016, gave approval for opening of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) in each of the 62 uncovered districts for which an amount of Rs.2,871 crore has been allocated.
- As per the policy ‘Guidelines of the Ministry of Defence for penalties in business dealings with entities’ released by Defence Ministry on November 21, 2016, the Ban period has been reduced to ___ years from the previous 10 years?
Answer – C.5
The Union Defence Ministry released new policy ‘Guidelines of the Ministry of Defence for penalties in business dealings with entities’ on November 21, 2016, to relook at the list of the companies that are banned from doing business in IndiA.Ban period has been reduced to 5 years from the previous 10 years but the upper ban limit is not specified.
- Union Cabinet Approved the Introduction of New Merchant Shipping Bill, 2016 in Parliament on November 23, 2016 in New Delhi. The bill will abolish The Coasting Vessels Act, 1838 and _____ ?
A.The Merchant Shipping Act, 1968
B.The Merchant Shipping Act, 1978
C.The Merchant Shipping Act, 1958
D.The Merchant Shipping Act, 1948
Answer – C.The Merchant Shipping Act, 1958
The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the introduction of Merchant Shipping Bill, 2016 in the Parliament on November 23, 2016 in New Delhi. The Merchant Shipping Bill, 2016 is a revised version of the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 and will abolish the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 as well as The Coasting Vessels Act, 1838.
- Wangala or 100 Drum Festival which marks the end of a period of toil for farmers is celebrated in which of the following state?
Answer – D.Meghalaya
Garo tribals People of Meghalaya celebrates the harvest festival of Wangala to marks the end of a period of toil for farmers wanting a good output from their fields.
- What is India’s rank in 2016 edition of ‘Measuring the Information Society Report’ of UN International Telecommunication Union (ITU) launched on 22 November 2016 in Botswana, South Africa ?
Answer – C.138
2016 edition of the Measuring the Information Society Report was launched on 22 November 2016 during the World Telecommunication/ICT Indicators Symposium (WTIS) 2016 held from 21 November to 23 November 2016 in Botswana, South Africa by UN International Telecommunication Union (ITU). India has been ranked 138th in global rank Index 2016 with a score of 2.69 while it has been ranked 26th in the Regional Rank Index 2016.
- Which university has topped the QS Graduate Employability Ranking for 2017?
A.University of Cambridge,UK
B.Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
Answer – C.Stanford University
According to the QS Graduate Employability Ranking for 2017, Stanford University of US has been placed at the top among 300 Universities of the world.
- Which country will host the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Energy Club in 2017?
Answer – C.Turkey
The 2017 Energy Club of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) will be chaired by Turkey which is the first non-SCO country to do so. The proposal of Turkey to chair the Energy Club 2017 was accepted in a meeting on November 22, 2016, by Russia and China and Turkey was elected to chair the Energy Club in 2017.
- The Reserve Bank of India on November 23, 2016 has increased the maximum limit of e-Wallet/ Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPIs) from Rs. 10,000 to ____?
D Rs. 12,000
Answer – A.Rs 20,000
The Reserve Bank of India on November 23, 2016 declared to increase the limit of the Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPIs) from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 per month and Rs. 50,000 for Merchant Bank to facilitate digital transactions. The decision was taken to ease the problem faced by the public with the demonetization move of the Government.
- IBBI has notified three sets of regulations directing the eligibility criteria of becoming a professional member of an Insolvency Professional Agency? What is the full form of IBBI?
A.Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
B.Independent Banking Board of Insolvency
C.Insolvency and Banking board of India
D.Indian board of Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Answer – A.Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board (IBBI) of India on 23 November 2016 notified three sets of regulations directing the eligibility criteria of becoming a professional memberof an Insolvency Professional Agency or for registering with the IBBI as an Insolvency Professional Agency.
- How many banks have joined NPCI’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI) till date to allows national fund transfer between any two bank using a mobile phone?
Answer – B.30
According to National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), 30 private and foreign banks were joined the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) to allows money transfer between any two bank accounts by using a mobile phone.
- Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) has signed agreement with which bank on November 24, 2016, for installation of 125 points of sale (PoS) terminals to facilitate booking of tickets through credit and debit cards at all GSRTC bus stops ?
Answer – C.Yes bank
Maharashtra based YES Bank, announced a partnership with Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) on November 24, 2016 to digitize payment of bus tickets for Gujarat People.
- On 23 November 2016 Talcher Thermal Power Station of NTPC made a record by generating highest single day generation of power of 11.496 Million Units. Where is Talcher Thermal Power Station located?
Answer – B.Odisha
Talcher Thermal Power Station of NTPC on November 23, 2016 generated 11.496 Million Units of electricity at 104.13% capacity utilization which is the highest single day generation among all power stations. Talcher Thermal Power Station is located in Talcher sub-division of Angul district in the Indian state of Odisha. The power
plant is one of the coal-based power plants of NTPC.
- The Women cricketer Karen Rolton has been inducted into the ICC’s Hall of Fame on November 24, 2016. She represented which country in cricket?
Answer – D.Australia
Australia’s former women’s captain Karen Rolton has been inducted into the ICC’s Hall of Fame on November 24, 2016 at a ceremony during the dinner break on the openingday of the third day/night Test between Australia and South Africa.
- Who has been appointed as the National President of Indo-American Chamber of Commerce for 2016-2017, by the committee of the Chamber during the meeting held in Mumbai?
A.N V Srinivasan
B.M S Srinivasan
C.M K Srinivasan
D.G V Srinivasan
Answer – A.N V Srinivasan
NVS and Associates Managing Partner, N V Srinivasan is elected as its National President of Trade body Indo-American Chamber of Commerce for the period 2016-17 by the committee of the Chamber during the meeting held in Mumbai.
- Donald Trump on November 23, 2016 has appointed which Indian-American as the US Ambassador to UN?
Answer – A.Nikki Haley
The US President-elect Donald Trump on November 23, 2016 appointed Nikki Haley of South Carolina to serve as US ambassador to the United Nations. With this she will become the first Indian-American to be appointed to a cabinet-level post in the US administration.
- Reliance group has entered into a deal with Zee group to sell its TV channels and Radio service to Zee group. The deal is worth ____ ?
Answer – C.$283 million
Reliance group has entered into a deal with Zee group to sell its 100% stake in TV channels and sell 49% stake in radio business to Zee group. The total deal will cost Rs 1890.4 crore($283 million) to Zee group.
- Where is the Mortuary Temple of Seti I located?
Answer – D.Egypt
The Mortuary Temple of Seti I is the memorial temple of the New Kingdom Pharaoh Seti I. It is located in the Theban Necropolis in Upper Egypt, across the River Nile from the modern city of Luxor. Egypt Archaeologists have uncovered an ancient Egyptian city and 15 graveyard that belongs 5300 BC announced by antiquities minister Mahmoud Afifi.
- Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat has been ranked 35th in World Boxing Council(WBC). He plays under which category?
Answer – C.Welterweight
24 year old Indian professional boxer Neeraj Goyat has made a place in World Boxing Council (WBC) rankings. Currently he is ranked at 35th spot in the welterweight category. He is the first Indian boxer to enter into the ranking.
- K. Subaash passed away in Chennai on November 23, 2016 at the age of 57 was related to which field?
Answer – A.Director
Tamil film-director K. Subaash passed away in Chennai on November 23, 2016. He was 57. Subaash is best known for directing Tamil filmChathriyan and penning the story of Shah Rukh Khan’s Chennai Express and Housefull 3.
- Name the First Female Merchant Navy Captain to receive International Bravery Award for 2016 by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) in London on November 21, 2016, for her exceptional bravery in the rescue of 7 fishermen from a sinking fishing boat in Bay of Bengal waters.
A.Captain Radhika Menon
B.Captain Sonali Banerjee
C.Captain Tanuja Mukherjee
D.Captain Shristi Ahuja
Answer – A.Captain Radhika Menon
India’s first female Merchant Navy captain Captain Radhika Menon has become the first woman to be awarded by the IMO for her exceptional bravery in the dramatic rescue of seven fishermen from a sinking fishing boat in tumultuous Bay of Bengal waters last year. Shen received her medal and certificate of commendation at an awards ceremony at London on November 21, 2016.
- Which Indian University has been ranked as the top institution of India according to the QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2017 Ranks ?
Answer – B.IIT Kharagpur
According to the QS Graduate Employability Ranking for 2017, IIT Kharagpur has been ranked as the top institution in the country for the second successive year. IIT Bombay was also was listed in the top 100 Universities of the World after IIT Kharagpur.
- Government of India has imposed a safeguard duty on import of which product effective from November 23, 2016 till May 22, 2019 to ensure fair trade and protect domestic manufacturers from cheap imports ?
Answer – B.Steel
Government of India has imposed a safeguard duty on import of certain steel products effective from effect from November 23, 2016 till May 22, 2016 to ensure fair trade and protect domestic manufacturers from cheap imports.
- Renowned mountaineer Hassan Sadpara passed away on 21 November 2016 at 53. He was from which country?
Answer – D.Pakistan
Renowned mountaineer Hassan Sadpara passed away in Rawalpindi,Pakistan. Sadpara was the only Pakistani, who have climbed six of the world’s tallest mountains