Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to General Science(Chemistry) !!!
- Which of the following is used for separation and of purification of organic compounds ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Chromatography
To separate Organic compounds with the help of Column Chromatographic technique.It is useful methods for the separation and purification of both solids and liquids
- Blue colour is related to
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Cobalt Oxide
Cobalt(II) oxide or cobalt monoxide is an inorganic compound that appears as olive-green to red crystals, or as a greyish or black powder
- Crook’s glass contains which of the following ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Cesium Oxide
Crook’s glass contains cesium oxides.
- MnO2 is used as a substance to make which colour ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Violet
MnO2 is an secondary alloy addition to steel and can make violet colored glass.
- Green colour is given by
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Chromium oxide
Chromium oxides are also used as a green color in glass making and as a glaze in ceramics
- ……………… is known as fool’s gold
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Iron Pyrite
The mineral pyrite, or iron pyrite, also known as fool’s gold, is an iron sulfide with the chemical formula FeS2.
- Which is used to kill rats ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Zinc Phosphide
The dangers of zinc phosphide, a poison used to kill gophers and moles, has hit the press.
- Silver Spoon is not used with boiling egg because it makes which of the following changes ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Colour changes
A silver plate turn black when a boiled egg is placed on it.
- ……………….is also known as Flower of Zinc
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.ZnO
ZnO Also called flowers of zinc, philosopher’s wool.
- Which of the following gas is used in Holme’s signals ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Phosphine
The spontaneous combustion of phosphine is technically used in Holme’s signals.