Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Basic Gk(Books & Authors) !!!
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North is written by …………………….
1. Ayad Akthar
2. Anne Enright
3. Hillary Mantel
4. Richard Flanagan
5. None of theseAnswer – 4.Richard Flanagan
The Narrow Road to the Deep North is the sixth novel by Richard Flanagan. It received critical acclaim on its release, and won the 2014 Man Booker Prize
- Maj HPS Ahluwalia is the author of…………………….
1. My India
2. Face of Everest
3. The Rediscovery of India
4. Defence Without Drift
5. None of theseAnswer – 2.Face of Everest
Faces of Everest is a directed history of climbing Everest by Indian mountaineer and climber H. P. S. Ahluwalia
- Who is the author The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer ?
1. Siddhartha Mukherjee
2. Donna Tarit
3. JG Farell
4. Hillary Mantel
5. None of theseAnswer – 1.Siddhartha Mukherjee
The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer is a book written by Siddhartha Mukherjee, an Indian-born American physician and oncologist.
- The book titled ‘ The Glass Palace’ is authored by
1. Kiran Desai
2. Jumpha Lahiri
3. Amitav Gosh
4. VS Naipaul
5. None of theseAnswer – 3.Amitav Gosh
The Glass Palace is a 2000 historical novel by Indian writer Amitav Ghosh. The novel is set in Burma, Bengal, India, and Malaya, spans a century from the fall of the Konbaung Dynasty in Mandalay, through the Second World War to modern times
- Which of the following book is written by Shashi Tharoor ?
1. My Other Two Daughters
2. To the Last Bullet
3. Causes of the Indian Mutiny
4. The Great Indian Novel
5. None of theseAnswer – 4.The Great Indian Novel
The Great Indian Novel is a satirical novel by Shashi Tharoor. It is a fictional work that takes the story of the Mahabharata, the epic of Hindu mythology, and recasts and resets
- Who is the author of ‘Home Boy’ ?
1. HM Naqvi
2. Rahul Battacharya
3. Sujit Paatar
4. Kailash Vajpeyi
5. None of theseAnswer – 1.HM Naqvi
M. Naqvi’s debut novel Home Boywas first published in the United States in September 2009 by the Crown Books division of Random House to acclaim.
- The Novel ‘ Milijul Man’ is penned by …………………………
1. Govind Mishra
2. Surjit Paatar
3. Adil Jussawala
4. Mridula Garg
5. None of theseAnswer – 4.Mridula Garg
Mridula Garg (born 1938) is an Indian writer who writes in Hindi and English languages. She has published 20 books in Hindi – novels.His famous novel is ‘ Milijul Man’
- Which book is written by Ramesh Chandra Shah ?
1. Trying to Say Goodbye
2. Rehan Per Ragghu
4. The Gathering
5. None of theseAnswer – 3.Vinayak
Bhopal-based Hindi writer Ramesh Chandra Shah has been conferred with Sahitya Akademi award for his recent novel Vinayak
- The book titled ‘ The Circle of Reason’ is penned by ………………
1. Vikram Seth
2. Amitav Gosh
3. Arundhati Roy
4. SK Nandi
5. None of theseAnswer – 2.Amitav Gosh
‘The Circle of Reason’ is the first novel by Indian writer Amitav Ghosh. It was published in 1986.
- Who is the author of Travelling Through Conflict ?
1. Hamid Ansari
2. IK Gujral
3. Daisy Hason
4. Gopinath Mohanty
5. None of theseAnswer – 1.Hamid Ansari
Travelling through Conflict: Essays on the Politics of West Asia – Kindle edition by Mohammad Hamid Ansari