Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Basic Gk(Books & Authors) !!!
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘The Crisis Within Knowledge and Education in India’ ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ganesh Devy
A book titled ‘The Crisis Within Knowledge and Education in India’ authored by Ganesh Devy was released in June 2017.
- The book “Indira Gandhi – A life in Nature” has been authored by whom ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Jairam Ramesh
Ramesh’s book on the naturalist in Indira Gandhi launched by Congress president Sonia Gandhi at the Indira Gandhi Memorial .Former Union minister Jairam Ramesh, who has authored the book published by Simon & Schuster.
- ‘Yug Purush, Bharat Ratna, Atal Ji’ is the book about which personality ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Vajpayee
Former Uttarakhand chief minister Pokhriyal, who credited Vajpayee for his debut in politics, said the 450-page book titled -‘Yug Purush, Bharat Ratna, Atal Ji’ – will be officially unveiled soon
- The book ‘The Emergency – Indian Democracy’s Darkest Hour’ penned by ______________
1.Shashi Shekhar Vempati
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Surya Prakash
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu launched the book which titled ‘The Emergency – Indian Democracy’s Darkest Hour’.A book is written by Surya Prakash who is a chairman of Prasar Bharati.
- The book “President Pranab Mukherjee – A Statesman” has been published by which of the following ?
1.Time of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.The Statesman
The book “President Pranab Mukherjee – A Statesman” has been published by The Statesman, one of India’s oldest English-language newspapers. This book, a comprehensive photographic record of India’s 13th President, covers Shri Mukherjee’s Presidency and documents his various roles including those as a humane first citizen, as a thought-leader , as a patron of educational institutions & the arts and as the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces etc.
- ‘Advice & Dissent: My Life In Public Service’ is an autobiography of who among the following ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Y.V.Reddy
An autobiography of former RBI Governor Y.V. Reddy, ‘Advice & Dissent: My Life In Public Service’ will be released soon .
- The novel ‘A Horse Walks into a Bar’ has been written by whom ?
1.David Foster Wallace
3.Alfred A. Knopf
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.David Grossman
‘A Horse Walks into a Bar’ is a novel by Israeli author David Grossman. First published in Hebrew in 2014 by Ha’kibbutz Ha’meuchad as Sus echad nichnas lebar, the book was translated into English by Jessica Cohen, and published in the UK by Jonathan Cape in November 2016 and in the US by Alfred A. Knopf in February 2017
- The Girl on the Train is the novel penned by ____________________
2.Carlos Ruiz Zafon
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Paula Hawkins.
The Girl on the Train is a psychological thriller novel by British author Paula Hawkins.
- An autobiography ‘Lone Fox Dancing’ is authored by
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ruskin Bond
Ruskin Bond’s autobiography ‘Lone Fox Dancing’ allows a glimpse into the mind of a writer deeply observant and open to life
- The book ‘Sita: Warrior of Mithila’ has been written by which author ?
1.Balli Kaur Jaswal
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Amish Tripathi
Amish Tripathi’s latest and second book in the Ramachandra series, Sita: Warrior of Mithila’s cover has been released in May 2017