AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 3 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 3, 2017, foundation stone of the India’s biggest Global Skill Park was laid in:
Answer – 2.Bhopal
On July 3, 2017, Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajeev Pratap Rudi and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan laid the foundation stone of the India’s biggest Global Skill Park in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Global Skill Park will be constructed on 37 acre land allotted in Narela Shankari area of Bhopal.
- On July 2, 2017, which State set a record of planting 6 crore saplings in day?
Answer –1.Madhya Pradesh
With an aim to create a Guinness World Record, the Madhya Pradesh government on July 2, 2017, carried out a drive to plant six crore saplings in 12-hours along the banks of river Narmada. The plantation drive that started from 7 am continued till 7 pm along the banks of the river covering 24 districts of the state.
- The Supreme Court has permitted a woman, who is in her _____ week of pregnancy, to abort her foetus that is suffering from severe cardiac ailments.
Answer – 3.26th
The Supreme Court on July 2, 2017, permitted a West Bengal-based woman, who is in her 26th week of pregnancy, to abort her foetus suffering from severe cardiac ailments. The apex court relied on the report of the medical board which has advised termination of pregnancy as a “special case” and has said that there was a threat of “mental injury” to the woman if the pregnancy was continued.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched ________, a digital ride sharing platform designed and deployed for the IT industry by the Group of Technology Companies (GTech), the industry body of IT companies in the state.
The G-Ride app automatically matches co-workers and neighbours and help them travel together to work. It is available in Android and iOS versions. The target is to bring down the use of vehicles by half.
- On July 2, 2017, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the end of the most recent outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in:
1.Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
Answer – 1.Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
WHO announcement comes 42 days (two 21-day incubation cycles of the virus) after the last confirmed Ebola patient in the affected Bas-Uélé province of DRC tested negative for the disease for the second time.
- The world’s first emergency call telephone line ________ in Britain marked 80th anniversary on 1st of July 2017.
Answer – 5.999
The introduction of the world’s first emergency call telephone number 80 years ago was celebrated on July 1, 2017 by police forces across Britain. Currently, 999 number to alert police, fire, ambulance and coastguard in emergencies is the best-known phone number in Britain.
- Which among the following entity commenced the operations as a payments bank with effect from 30th June, 2017?
1.Vodafone M-Pesa Payments Bank
2.National Securities Depository Payments Bank
3.FINO Pay Tech
4.Reliance Industries Payments Bank
5.Aditya Birla Nuvo Payments Bank
Answer – 3.FINO Pay Tech
FINO Payments Bank has commenced operations as a payments bank with effect from June 30, 2017, according to the Reserve Bank of India. FINO PayTech Ltd, Navi Mumbai, was one of the 11 applicants which were issued in-principle approval for setting up a payments bank.
- On July 3, 2017, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) announced that its Unified Payments Interface (UPI) has crossed _______ transactions mark in June 2017.
Answer – 5.1 croreExplanation :
NPCI Managing Director and CEO A.P. Hota has mentioned about a staggering 10-fold increase in 11 months from barely one million UPI transactions in August 2016 to over 10 million in June this year. Transactions on UPI are growing exponentially due to increased acceptance among member banks, merchants, and consumers.
- Realty firm Signature Global has roped in which Bollywood actress as its brand ambassador?
Answer – 2.Vidya Balan
Realty firm Signature Global, which is into development of affordable homes, has roped in Bollywood actress Vidya Balan as brand ambassador. Vidya Balan has been signed as Signature Global’s brand ambassador for two years. In the advertisements, Balan would spread awareness about buying affordable homes.
- Who among the following has resigned from his role as President of Cisco India and South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)?
Answer – 3.Dinesh Malkani
Cisco India and South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) President Dinesh Malkani has resigned at the networking solutions giant to take on a leadership role at a start-up. Malkani will continue in his role until 31 July, 2017.
- Which two commodity exchanges in India will merge to create the India’s third biggest commodity exchange?
1.National Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE)will merge with Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX)
2.Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX)will merge with Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX)
3.National Commodity & Derivatives Exchangewill merge with Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX)
4.National Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE)will merge with Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX)
5.National Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE)will merge with National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange
Answer – 4.National Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE) will merge with Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX)
ICEX will hold a 62.8% stake in the merged entity, while NMCE shareholders will own 37.2%.This is the first merger deal in the commodity exchange space in India. The merged entity will offer the world’s first diamond futures contract along with a wide range of contracts, including bullion, oil, rubber and other agri-commodities.
- The indigenously developed Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air (QRSAM) short range missile was successfully test-fired from a test range along the Odisha coast on 3rdof July 2017. The missile has a capability of engaging multiple target and has a strike range of:
1.25 km to 30 km
2.35 km to 40 km
3.45 km to 50 km
4.55 km to 60 km
5.65 km to 70 km
Answer – 1.25 km to 30 km
This was the second developmental trial of the state-of-the-art QRSAM with an aerial target. The missile has been developed by the DRDO. The first test launch of the missile was conducted on June 4, 2017 from the same base.
- Ravinder Rander, who passed away on July 2, 2017, was a veteran:
Answer – 1.Journalist
Veteran journalist Ravinder Randev passed away in Shimla on July 2, 2017, following a massive cardiac arrest. He was 82. During his career as a journalist spanning over 45 years, he worked for the Dainik Tribune, The Indian Express, Uttam Hindu, Pioneer and National Herald.
- Which State Government is going to raise a new Special Rhino Protection Force(SRPF) for better protection of the one-horned rhinos in the state?
Answer – 2.Assam
Assam Forest Minister Pramila Rani Brahma said the government has already started the process of recruitment for the proposed force, which will be deployed for better protection of the one horned rhinos in the state.
- Which tennis player has won Eastbourne Aegon Championship in Men’s Singles category?
Answer – 3.Novak Djokovic
On July 1, 2017, Novak Djokovic won his second ATP World Tour title of the season by beating Gael Monfils at the Aegon International in Eastbourne in Men’s Singles category.
- On July 2, 2017, which team won their first ever football Confederations Cup title?
Answer – 2.Germany
The football Confederations cup was held at Saint Petersburg from 17th June to 2nd July 2017. Total 8 teams had participated. Germany won the title while Chile was runner up. 3rd position was taken by Portugal.
- Which Indian Badminton players have won doubles titles in Ivory Coast International tournament in women’s doubles category?
1.Ritika Thaker and Simran Singhi
2.Jwala Gutta and Saina Nehwal
3.Jwala Gutta and Simran Singhi
4.Ritika Thaker and Saina Nehwal
5.Simran Singhi and Saina Nehwal
Answer – 1.Ritika Thaker and Simran Singhi
On July 2, 2017, Indian woman badminton player Ritika Thaker defeated another Indian woman badminton player Simran Singhi to win the singles title in the Ivory Coast International badminton tournament at Abidjan. Later, Ritika and Simran paired together to beat the Nigerian duo of Zainab Momohand Peace Orji 21-11, 21-14 in the women’s doubles final that lasted 20 minutes.
- Madhukar Toradmal who passed away on July 3, 2017 was a Veteran:
1.Politician from Maharashtra
3.Historian from Maharashtra
4.Music Composer from Maharashtra
5.Architect from Maharashtra
Answer – 2.Marathi actor-writer
Toradmal was a writer, director and actor. He had acted in Marathi as well as Hindi films including “Simhasan,” “AapliManasa”, “Atmavishwas” and “Raakh”. He had contributed immensely to the fields of acting, script-writing and translation as well as enriched Marathi theatre and culture.
- On July 2, 2017, who among the following became the first Indian driver to win in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship claiming victory at Norisring in the final race of Round 5?
Answer – 2.Jehan Daruvala
Jehan Daruvala’s historic win comes 18 years after Naren Karthikeeyan won in the British F3 championship. Daruvala made for an impressive run to victory facing constant pressure from series leader Maximilian Gunther of Prema Powerteam.
- The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee received the first copy of a book“President Pranab Mukherjee – A Statesman” on 2ndJuly 2017 from ________ at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
1.Vice President Hamid Ansari
2.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
3.Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan
4.Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
5.Home Minister Rajnath Singh
Answer – 2.Prime Minsiter Narendra Modi
The President expressed his gratitude to The Statesman for bringing out a photo essay on the 13th Presidency. He appreciated the wonderful photos taken by Shri Varun Joshi from The Statesman that feature in the photo essay. Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi said that the photo essay was important from the historical perspective.
- ’International Plastic Bag Free Day’ is observed on which date?
Answer – 2.3rd July
International Plastic Bag Free Day was observed on 3rd of July 2017. It has been dedicated to heightening awareness about plastic and disposable carrying devices. International Plastic Bag Free Day gives us an opportunity to remind ourselves, and others, that every action we take, and every bag we dispose of effects the lives of everyone in the world for generations to come.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.