Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- The second possibility, which is equally________, is improving the trade and________relationship.
1) iterant, development
2) epochal, investment
3) iterative, involvement
4) metrical, commitmentAnswer – 2)
Explanation: epochal – important, महत्वपूर्ण
- It is no secret that both countries would like to move away from the conventional image of exploited Indian_______living in_______Saudi labour camps.
1) labourers , regimented
2) workers, control
3) diligent, order
4) creatvie, troopsAnswer – 1)
Explanation: regimented – controlled, नियंत्रित
- Pakistan has made many attempts to make amends, but the refusal to join the Yemen bombing campaign as well as some_______on joining the Saudi-led coalition to fight the Islamic State have________what was once seen as the most closely woven relationship.
1) muddle, fragile
2) irresoluteness, rigid
3) ambivalence, affected
4) indecision, unaffectednessAnswer – 3)
Explanation: ambivalence – mixed feeling, उभयवृत्तिता
- Stung by this shifting narrative, the Kingdom’s most prominent diplomat Prince Turki bin Faisal recently wrote an_______article________in Arab papers titled “Mr. Obama, we are not ‘free riders’”.
1) gleeful, cache
2) happy, hide
3) pleased, camouflage
4) indignant, publishedAnswer – 4)
Explanation: indignant – angry, नाराज
- In an article this week, Rajan has said that the “world is_______an increasingly______situation”.
1) Encounter, shielded
2) facing , perilous
3) Expose, safe
4) Line, shelteredAnswer – 2)
Explanation: perilous – dangerous, खतरनाक
- That’s because while all economies, both_______and emerging, are________to grow faster, few are succeeding.
1) advanced , straining
2) beforehand, ordinary
3) earlier, unpressured
4) early, usualAnswer – 1)
Explanation: straining – effortful, श्रमसाध्य
- As repeated attempts to kick-start the growth cycle have______less than the desired results, countries have resorted to “beggar thy neighbour” policies, which have proved______for all economies.
1) show gain, profitable
2) produce, helpful
3) return, beneficial
4) yielded, detrimentalAnswer – 4)
Explanation: yielded – give, देना
detrimental – harmful, नुकसानदायक
- This is not the first time that Rajan has pointed to this building_______he has been outspoken on the issue of_______by different central banks, especially the US Fed, which overlook their “spillover” effects.
1) illness, picket
2) enervation, parade
3) malaise, actions
4) feebleness, march onAnswer – 3)
Explanation: malaise – unease, बेचैनी
- When even bringing down interest rates to zero per cent did not_______the economy_______, central banks went for unconventional tools, such as quantitative easing (QE).
1) stimulate, adequately
2) encourage, bearably
3) energize, incompletely
4) enliven, insignificantlyAnswer – 1)
Explanation: stimulate – excite, प्रोत्साहित
adequately – sufficiently, पर्याप्तता
- Other central banks have_______by allowing their currency to_______in a bid to corner global exports.
1) retrospect, raise
2) retaliated, devalue
3) repay, increase
4) requite, overvalueAnswer – 2)
Explanation: retaliated – revenge, बदला लेना