Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Safe drinking water is critical for the safety of our health and that of our children. Even food security does not________into nutrition security in the absence of safe water.
Answer – 4)
Explanation : translate
- While it is extremely important to build awareness about what needs to be done at the household level to ensure water safety, it is equally________for us to demand safe drinking water from our public systems of delivery.
Explanation : legitimate
- With multiple agencies present, it is not luculent who is responsible for making the whole system work to respond to the________challenge of delivering safe water to the residents of Delhi.
Explanation : enormous
- The idea in the case of the Najafgarh Drain, for example, is to divert_________sewage coming from the surrounding unauthorised colonies which would otherwise flow into the Najafgarh Drain.
Explanation : untreated
- The challenge is even greater in the walled city of Old Delhi, which has________sewers, designed to carry sewage as well as storm water, a legacy that is not in line with current good engineering practice.
Explanation : combined
- As for the 45 per cent of Delhi which is__________, in any case, sewage travels through the natural stormwater drains to the Yamuna.
Explanation : unconnected
- Even though this again is higher than the national average of 19 per cent for all Indian cities, the installed capacity of the sewage__________system is insufficient to take care of even the area that is covered by the sewerage network.
Explanation : treatment
- In the absence of complete coverage of the city with a sewerage network, natural stormwater________ are being used as sewers.
Explanation : drains
- The sewerage networks are________to ensure that sewage from flushed toilets travels through underground sewer pipes until it reaches a sewage treatment plant.
Explanation : supposed
- Delhi’s growth has fast_________its ability and willingness to extend the sewerage network and treat its sewage or wastewater.
Explanation : outpaced