Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to World Gk(World Geography) !!!
- Who was the first person to calculate the circumference of the Earth ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Eratosthenes
Eratosthenes is best known for being the first person to calculate the circumference of the Earth, which he did by applying a measuring system using stadia.
- ………………. is the outermost and the thinnest layer of the Earth
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Crust
The Earth can be divided into four main layers: the solid crust on the outside, the mantle, the outer core and the inner core.
The crust, the outermost layer or surface layer, is the thinnest layer of Earth
- …………….. are the changed form of Igneous and Sedimentary rocks
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Metamorphic rocks
Igneous rock can change into sedimentary rock or into metamorphic rock by metamorphic process
- The Ocean current flowing from lower altitude to higher altitude are called as
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Warm current
The Ocean current flowing from lower altitude to higher altitude are called as Warm current
- The Ocean current flowing from higher altitude to lower altitude are called as
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Cold current
The Ocean current flowing from higher altitude to lower altitude are called as Cold current
- Which rocks are formed due to the cooling solidification and crystallisation of hot and molten magma ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Igneous rocks
Igneous Rocks are formed by crystallization from a liquid, or magma. They include two types. Volcanic or extrusive igneous rocks and intrusive rocks
- The Rocks are made up of ……………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Minerals
The crust is made up of rocks and minerals. Much of the crust is covered by water, sand, soil and ice.
- The intermediate layer of the Earth is called as …………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mantle
The mantle is a layer between the crust and the outer core. Earth’s mantle is a silicate rocky shell with an average thickness of 2,886 kilometres (1,793 mi).
- ……………. is the study of soils in their natural environment
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Pedology
Pedology is the study of soils in their natural environment. It is one of two main branches of soil science, the other being edaphology
- Who among the following created the first map of the world ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Anaximander
Anaximander invented the idea of models, drew the first map of the world in Greece, and is said to have been the first to write a book of prose.