Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- There are few more ________ ways to view history than through the lens of a camera. Whether the brutality of war, the innocence of victory, or the______ of racial conflict, chances are a photographer was there to capture it.
3) physical, dread
5) rational,wonderAnswer – 4)
Explanation : emotional,horror
- There are two ways in which the context¬________ in a newspaper story. In stand-alone stories, the context is woven into the text and in evolving stories, a series of follow-up articles provide the framework, background, and _________ to the story.
1) fades, relation
3) disappears, scene
5) looks,consummateAnswer – 2)
Explanation : emerges,perspective
- Our Supreme Court has recognised __________ of powers as part of the basic structure of the Constitution, and can therefore strike down even amendments to the Constitution that________ upon this principle.
1) intimacy, discharge
5)separation,infringeAnswer – 5)
Explanation : separation,infringe
- In the last decade, much was written about the_______ use of images, the dangers of digitally manipulating pictures, and mindless cropping that ________ the context of the image.
2) ethical, alters
3) immoral, changes
4) improper, holds
5) unethical, impelsAnswer – 2)
Explanation : ethical, alters
- The Constitution also recognises that there may be other cases where ________ may be required and allows Parliament and State legislatures to make________ by passing a law.
1) exceptions, exemptions
5) exclusions, accountabilitiesAnswer – 1)
Explanation : exceptions, exemptions
- We celebrate great sportspersons because they offer us _______ of immortality in an area of activity where the _______ life of a professional is rather short.
1) truths, ledge
2) facts, ridge
5) delusion , doleAnswer – 3)
Explanation : illusions, shelf
- Most of the incremental revenue in the business has come from an________ expansion of the schedule. There are hardly any Test stars playing the Ranji Trophy unless he is dropped and wants to get back in the Indian team by ________ his performance.
1) logical, covering
4) sensible, boasting
5) reasonable,brandishingAnswer – 3)
Explanation : irrational,showcasing
- From the poverty-stricken villages of sub-Saharan Africa to the _____ tree-lined avenues of Beverly Hills in Los Angeles, from the over-crowded, narrow, cobbled lanes of Kolkata to the ________sweat-stainedinner-city gyms in Chicago, Manhattan and London, Muhammad Ali is a name that is instantly recognised.
1) glitzy, steamy
2) quiet, parched
3) subtle, gaseous
4) inconspicuous, humorous
5) gaudy,dryAnswer – 1)
Explanation : glitzy, steamy
- As Pakistan discovered Faiz in his death, and mourners turned from a ______ to a flood, politicians too thought it ________ time to seen walking in Faiz’s mile-long funeral procession.
2) percolate, inopportune
3) deluge, suitable
5) trickle, opportuneAnswer – 5)
Explanation : trickle, opportune
- As I stood at the Roli Books’ counter at the World Book Fair in New Delhi, I _______ through the pages of the book, found only a few bits of poetry here and there which_______ me to go to the cover again.
1) amassed, penetrated
2) flipped, forced
3) accumulated, perforated
5) stacked,relievedAnswer – 2)
Explanation : flipped, forced