Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which state became the first state in the country to implement Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in Kerosene?
Answer – C.Jharkhand
The scheme would be implemented in four identified districts of the state from 1st of October 2017. These districts are Chatra, Hazaribagh, Khunti and Jamtara. Under the DBTK Scheme, PDS would be sold at non-subsidised price, and, subsidy, as admissible, would be transferred to consumers directly into their bank accounts.
- Which week is to celebrate each year as World Space Week declared by the UN General Assembly?
A.4 to 10 October
B.5 to 11 October
C.6 to 12 October
D.7 to 13 October
Answer – A.4 to 10 October
The General Assembly declares 4 to 10 October World Space Week to celebrate each year at the international level the contributions of space science and technology to the betterment of the human condition.
- Which date is celebrate as World Animal Day every year to raising the status of animals in order to improve welfare standards around the globe?
Answer – D.October 4
World Animal Day was originated by Heinrich Zimmermann, the German writer and publisher of the magazine Mensch und Hund/Man and Dog. He organized the first World Animal Day on 24 March 1925 at the Sport Palace in Berlin, Germany.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Modi’s Midas Touch in Foreign Policy” ?
B.Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer- C.Surendra Kumar
Minister for Information and Broadcasting M. Venkaiah Naidu along with Minister for Railways Shri Suresh Prabhu and Shri Tarun Vijay, Former Member of Parliament released the book titled “Modi’s Midas Touch in Foreign Policy” in New Delhi on October 4, 2016.
- Which women’s team bagged their first gold medal at the 5th Asian Beach Games was held in Danang, Vietnam?
Answer – B.Kabaddi
India bagged their first gold medal at the 5th Asian Beach Games with the women’s beach kabaddi team defeat Thailand team winning the title for the record fifth time in succession in Danang, Vietnam.
- What is the name of doe-eyed palm-sized robot which is unveiled by Toyota Motor Corp?
Answer – C.Kirobo Mini
Toyota Motor Corp unveiled a doe-eyed palm-sized robot named ‘Kirobo Mini’ designed as a synthetic baby companion in Japan as number of childless couple grows. It is equiped with artificial intelligence and a camera so it can recognise the face of the person speaking to it and respond.
- Which company would bring to market the world’s first artificial pancreas, after U.S. regulators cleared the device for diabetics to automatically monitor blood sugar?
Answer – D.Medtronic Plc
The human pancreas naturally supplies a low, continuous rate of insulin, known as basal or background insulin. In patients with diabetes, the body’s ability to produce or respond to insulin is impaired.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of ‘Haritha Keralam’ project by the Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan?
B.K J Yesudas
Answer – B.K J Yesudas
Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan appointed eminent Carnatic vocalist and playback singer K J Yesudas as the brand ambassador of ‘Haritha Keralam’ project.
- Who is the Indian-origin South African won a $50,000 scholarship at the annual Google Science Fair for her project titled ‘No More Thirsty Crops’?
Answer – D.Kiara Nirghin
Indian-origin South African Kiara Nirghin won a $50,000 scholarship at the annual Google Science Fair for her project titled ‘No More Thirsty Crops’ which was aimed at tackling the severe drought plaguing South Africa.
- Which prestigious award is instituted by HelpAge India has been presented on SJVN for its outstanding contribution in providing free?
Answer – C.P.L. Roy
The prestigious “P.L. Roy Award” instituted by HelpAge India has been presented on SJVN for its outstanding contribution in providing free & quality medical care to the communities as one of its many CSR initiatives.
- Which Elephant researcher awarded with Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite, which is one of the highest civilian recognitions of the French government?
Answer – D.Prajna Chowta
Film-maker cum elephant researcher and the founder of Aane Mane Foundation, Prajna Chowta has been appointed Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite (Knight in the National Order of Merit), one of the highest civilian recognitions of the French government.
- How many scientists awarded with The 2016 Nobel Prize for their work on exotic states of matter?
Answer – D.3
David James Thouless is a British condensed-matter physicist, Wolf Prize winner and laureate of the 2016 Nobel Prize for physics along with Duncan M. Haldane and J. Michael Kosterlitz for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter.
- Which bank has announced its entry into Myanmar by opening a branch in the Yangon, former capital city of Myanmar?
This branch extends the global presence of SBI in 37 countries through 198 offices. Bhattacharya, who became the first chairman to get a second term at SBI also donated equipment for recreation of cancer-surviving children to the Yangon Children’s Hospital.
- Which Organization raised projections for India’s economic growth by 0.2 percentage points to 7.6 per cent for 2016-17 and 2017-18?
The projections came in at a time when the Fund said global economic growth would be subdued this year, following a slowdown in the US and Britain’s vote to exit the European Union.The projections came at a time when it retained global economic growth at 3.1 per cent for 2016 and 3.4 per cent for 2017.
- The Central Government has given in principle approval to a grant of __________ to make the development of the proposed Sagar Port project in West Bengal on September 4 , 2016.
A.Rs. 515 crores
B.Rs. 500 crores
C.Rs. 450 crores
D.Rs. 350 crores
Answer – A.Rs. 515 crores
A Special Purpose Vehicle, Bhor Sagar Port Limited (BSPL) has been incorporated for the implementation of the project, with Kolkata Port Trust holding 74% equity and the Government of West Bengal holding 26% equity.
- In which place, the Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Shri Nitin Gadkari formally launched the Indian Bridge Management System (IBMS)?
Answer –C.New Delhi
A major step was taken towards ensuring safety of bridges in the country, when the Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Shri Nitin Gadkari formally launched the Indian Bridge Management System (IBMS) in New Delhi.
- Kersti Kaljulaid was elected as the first female president of which country ?
Answer – A.Estonia
Kersti Kaljulaid was elected as the country’s first female president of Estonia by the parliament. Kaljulaid won the opportunity after rounds of voting failed to produce a winner.
- What is the new Repo rate according to the fourth bi-monthly monetary policy of the RBI ?
Answer – B.6.25%
In order to ease the inflation, the Reserve Bank of India cut policy rate (repo rate) by 25 basis points to 6.25% from 6.5%.The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) all members of policy decided for 25 basis point rate cut.