Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is designated as World Cities Day every year by the United Nations to promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization?
Answer – D.October 31
The United Nations has designated every 31 October as World Cities Day. The Day is expected to greatly promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization. 2016 Theme: “Inclusive Cities, Shared Development” to highlight the important role of urbanization as a source of global development and social inclusion.
- Which date is observed as World Savings Day every year to promote the savings all over the World?
Answer – A.October 31
World Savings Day or World Thrift Day is observed every year on 31st October to promote the savings all over the World. It was established during the 1st International Savings Bank Congress in 1924. In India, World Savings Day was observed on October 30 because of the death of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on the same day in 1984. The 2016 Theme is Grabbing Hold of Your Financial Future.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a Digital Exhibition __________ on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31st October 2016 ?
A.Swachh Bharat : Sardar Patel
B.Uniting India : Sardar Patel
C.Ek Bharat : Sardar Patel
D.Digital India : Sardar Patel
Answer – B.Uniting India : Sardar Patel
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated a Digital Exhibition – “Uniting India : Sardar Patel” organized by the Ministry of Culture on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, former Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister of India in National Science Centre, New Delhi.The Rashtriya Ekta Diwas(National Unity Day) was observed on 31st October, 2016 with ‘Integration of India’ as the theme.
- Which actor’s wife named Ivetta Kapralova has been recently died at an age of 101 in Moscow?
Answer – D.Vladimir Zeldin
The wife of Russian actor Vladimir Zeldin, who has been described as the world’s oldest working actor stated that he has died in Moscow. He was 101. Russian news agencies quoted that he died in a Moscow hospital. The actor shot to stardom with the role of a shepherd in “They Met in Moscow.” The shooting started a few months before the German invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941. The 26-year old Zeldin was enlisted and sent to the front line before Josef Stalin’s order recalled him to Moscow to continue the shoot.
- Which fast bowler and former captain of Indian women’s cricket team, has achieved the ICC number one bowler’s rank?
Answer – B.Jhulan Goswami
Jhulan Goswami, fast bowler and former captain of Indian women’s cricket team, has once again earned an honour. She has achieved the ICC number one bowler’s rank, having earned 730 points. Jhulan has already been ICC number one bowler a couple of years ago. She was named ICC player of the year. Jhulan received the news that she has taken a lead over West Indies’ Stephanie Taylor and became number one ICC bowler. Stephanie has earned 659 points.
- What is the name of new grain has developed by the Scientists at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) that matures in 120 days?
Answer – A.pigeon-pea
Scientists at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) have developed a new arhar (pigeon-pea) variety that matures in 120 days, gives the same 20 quintal-per-hectare yields of normal 160-180 day plants and is, moreover, amenable to mechanical combine harvesting. The average yield of existing pulses varieties in the country is 9-10 quintals a hectare, but the new variety developed by IIPR scientists has the potential to give 20 quintals.
- A fishing cat named Prionailurus viverrinus was identified walking through the moderately dense mangrove surrounding the Gilalakalandi harbour near which place?
A.Mudumalai forest, Tamilnadu
D.Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Answer – D.Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh
A fishing cat (Prionailurus viverrinus) was identified walking through the moderately dense mangrove surrounding the Gilalakalandi harbour near Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh. A Researcher, Allaparthi Appa Rao and Fishing Cat Conservancy, an organisation worked on conservation of fishing cat and documented the movements of the fishing cat in the mangroves of Machilipatnam.
- Researchers from the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in the US state of Tennessee have discovered a way to turn which gas into useful fuel?
Answer – A.Carbondioxide
US scientists say they have shocked upon an economically practical and highly efficient way of converting a greenhouse gas largely reasoned for global warming into an environmentally friendly fuel – a development that could increase the renewable energy industry. Researchers from the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in the US state of Tennessee announced they “serendipitously” developed a catalyst that transformed carbon dioxide (CO2), a main greenhouse gas, into high yields of Rondinone and his colleagues had grouped a catalyst using carbon, copper, and nitrogen.
- Which former general has been elected as Lebanon’s president by Lebanon’s parliament on October 31, 2016?
Answer – C.Michael Aoun
Former general Michel Aoun elected as Lebanon’s president by Lebanon’s parliament on October 31, 2016. He will replace Michel Sleiman. After four rounds of voting, Aoun won the 83 lawmakers out of 127 members. President post is vacancy since May 2014, because of divided political powers were repeatedly unable to reach consensus on a candidate for president.
- Which state have jointly with Telengana topped the ease of doing business ranking in the list prepared by the World Bank and the Indian government’s department of industrial policy and promotion for 2016?
Answer – C.Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have jointly topped the ease of doing business ranking in the list prepared by the World Bank and the Indian government’s department of industrial policy and promotion for 2016. Gujarat has slipped to the third position in the list and Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana occupied the fourth, fifth and sixth slots in the index based on the degree of implementation of the government’s 340-point Business Reform Action Plan.
- What is the name of 14 day Indo-Nepal Joint military exercise began at Pithogarh would end on February 21?
A.Brahma Vyug V
B.Brahma Kiran IV
C.Akila Kiran X
D.Surya Kiran IX
Answer – D.Surya Kiran IX
A 14-day India-Nepal joined military exercise, named Surya Kiran IX, began at Pithoragarh. The exercise would end on February 21. To enhance defence co-operation relations with Nepal, an Indo-Nepal joint Military exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School in Nepal. The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with special importance on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain.
- Which state has been adjudged the most farmer friendly state in the country by the NITI Aayog’s index?
Answer – D.Maharashtra
According to NITI Aayog’s index on reforms in the farm sector, Maharashtra has been adjudged the most farmer friendly state in the country followed by Gujarat and Rajasthan. The Index is aimed at helping the states to identify and address problems in the farm sector, which suffer from low growth, low farm income and agrarian distress. Maharashtra ranked first with 81.7 and Gujarat was second at 71.5, Puducherry, Delhi and Jammu & Kashmir got the lowest three grades, of 4.8, 7.3 and 7.4, respectively.
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the function to mark the 50th anniversary of the establishment of which High Court?
A.High Court of Delhi
B.High Court of Chennai
C.High Court of Rajasthan
D.High Court of Sikkim
Answer – A. High Court of Delhi
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the function to mark the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the High Court of Delhi. The theme of the Golden Jubilee Celeberations has been fixed as “Justice for all”. Narendra Modi appealed Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birth anniversary by stating Sardar gave the direction to a huge movement. He added that the country bows in front him for his contributions.
- India’s first __________ launched by the Institute of Indian Interior Designer (IIID) in Kozhikode, Kerala
Answer – B.Design Yatra
India’s first ‘Design Yatra’ launched by the Institute of Indian Interior Designer(IIID) in Kerala. The Aim is to spread awareness and take designs to the masses, India’s first ‘Design Yatra’, launched by the Institute of Indian Interior Designers(IIID). This yatra Launched on February 20 this year, the yatra will travel to 29 cities across the country by February 2017, covering 15,000 kms in three cars.
- The first meeting of National Committee on Trade Facilitation was held in which place?
Answer – B.New Delhi
The first meeting of National Committee on Trade Facilitation (NCTF) was held in New Delhi. The meeting was chaired by Cabinet Secretary P.K.Sinha. The meeting was attended by the 24 members of NCTF.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley released how much amount to Jammu & Kashmir for repair and permanent restoration of damaged public buildings ?
A.Rs 1,230.40 crore
B.Rs 1,390.25 crore
C.Rs 1,900.50 crore
D.Rs 1,093.34 crore
Answer – D.Rs 1,093.34 crore
Finance minister Arun Jaitley released first instalment of special assistance of Rs 1,093.34 crore out of Rs.2000 crore to Jammu & Kashmir for repair and permanent restoration of damaged public buildings such as such as schools, colleges, hospitals, bus stations under Prime Minister Reconstruction Plan which was announced on November 7, 2015
- India and Palestine signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up a Palestine-India Techno Park in which city ?
Answer – A.Ramallah
India and Palestine signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up a Palestine-India Techno Park in Ramallah, Palestine.It was announced during the visit of President Pranab Mukherjee to Palestine in October 2015.