Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Name the former Cambodian Prime Minister has passed away recently at an age of 80?
D.Abhisit VejjajivaAnswer – C.Pen Sovann
Former Cambodian Prime Minister Pen Sovann passed away. He was 80. Ovann was the country’s first post-Khmer Rouge prime minister. He was removed from power by the Vietnamese in 1981 and he was imprisoned for 10 years in Hanoi. He founded the Cambodian National Sustaining Party, which took part in the 1998 election but did not win a seat in parliament. He joined the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party in 2012 and won a parliamentary seat in the last general election in 2013.
- Which Indian tennis star has bagged the Australian Open and Cincinnati Masters titles in women’s doubles for the second consecutive year?
D.Sania MirzaAnswer – D.Sania Mirza
India’s tennis star Sania Mirza retained her numero uno status in women’s doubles for the second consecutive year. During the year, Sania has won titles, including Australian Open with Hingis, Cincinnati Masters with Barbora Strycova. Sania had split with Hingis but they paired up and made an unsuccessful bid to defend the WTA Finals in Singapore.
- India defeated which country in the 4th edition Women Asian Champions Trophy Hockey which was held in Singapore?
D.South KoreaAnswer – D.South Korea
India defeated South Korea 2-1 in 4th Women Asian Champions Trophy Hockey. Striker Rani scored India’s first goal and Deepika scored second goal in the 54th minute. Indian eves will next take on Malaysia, who have lost the two matches they have played so far in the tournament.
- Which Indian field hockey player led the Indian men’s hockey team defeated Pakistan 3-2 in the final of the 4th Asian Champions Trophy at the Wisma Belia Hockey Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?
D.Sandeep SinghAnswer – B.PR Sreejesh
The Indian men’s hockey team lead by PR Sreejesh defeated Pakistan 3-2 in the final of the 4th Asian Champions Trophy at the Wisma Belia Hockey Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on October 30, 2016. World No 6, India had won the inaugural edition of the Asian Champions Trophy by defeating Pakistan in the final in 2011.This is the second time India have won the Asian Championship title.
- Which sports person stood No. 1 position Indian athlete in the latest Forbes Fab 40 2016?
D.MS DhoniAnswer – D.MS Dhoni
In the latest Forbes Fab 40 2016 list of the biggest sports brands in the world, Dhoni is slated at No 10th spot in the top 10 athletes and he remains the most valued Indian athlete in 2016. The list is topped by tennis legend and 17-time Grand Slam winner Roger Federer. With a brand value of $36 million, Federer gained two notches from third last year, while Woods dropped four spots to stand fifth on the latest edition of the list. Among other top athletes on the list is Argentine football star Lionel Messi, ranked eighth. He was not among the top 10 last year.
- What is the name of Russian spaceship has successfully placed in the steppes of Kazakhstan with three crew members on board was stated by Russian Mission Control Centre?
D.Soyuz MS-01Answer – D.Soyuz MS-01
The landing module of the Russian spaceship Soyuz MS-01 successfully placed in the steppes of Kazakhstan with three crew members on board was stated by Russian Mission Control Centre. Astronauts Anatoli Ivanishin, Takutya Onishi and Kathleen Rubins, of Russia, Japan and the US respectively, returned to Earth after completing a nearly four
month mission on the International Space Station (ISS).
- Who has been appointed as an Additional Director (Non Executive) of Yes Bank with effect from March 05, 2016?
D.Abishek KumarAnswer – C.Ashok Chawla
Yes Bank, India’s fifth largest private sector Bank announced the appointment of Mr. Ashok Chawla as an Additional Director (Non Executive).YES BANK has also applied to the Reserve Bank of India to seek approval on the appointment. Chawla, who has also served as Union Finance Secretary, took over after holding the post by Radha Singh ended her term as the bank’s director.
- Who has been re-elected as Spanish Prime Minister received 170 votes in his favour, while 111 voted against his re-election?
D.Theresa MayAnswer – A.Mariano Rajoy
Mariano Rajoy took office for a second term as Spain’s prime minister overcoming a 10-month leadership impasse but heading a minority government with little maneuvering room to pass legislation. He received 170 votes in his favour, while 111 voted against his re-election and 68 were non-votings. Mr.Rajoy’s victory was made possible by PSOE’s decision to abstain instead of continuing to vote against him.
- What is the name of Portuguese professional footballer has won the European Golden Boy award 2016?
D.Luis FigoAnswer – C.Renato Sanches
Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches from Portugal has won the European Golden Boy award.He will receive the award on October 31, 2016.He was also named the best young player of Euro 2016. He beat England’s Marcus Rashford and France’s Kingsley Coman to win this award. The European Golden Boy award was established in 2003.It is given by Italian newspaper Tutto sport after a vote by around 30 journalists. The award given to the best footballer under 21 years of age
- What is the name of Indian National Award winning documentary has won the first prize in the Documentary Film category at the sixth CAM International Film Festival?
B.Daughters of Mother India
C.Gates of Heaven
D.Hoop DreamsAnswer – B.Daughters of Mother India
Indian National Award winning documentary “Daughters of Mother India” won the first prize in the Documentary Film category at the sixth CAM International Film Festival here. The fest was organised by Arabic Egyptian Society for Culture, Media and Arts (CMA).This film was Directed by Vibha Bakshi, the movie portrays India’s story of determination, hope and courage in the fight against gender violence. The fest is organised annually to promote cinema as a means of combating ignorance, poverty and terrorism. The 2016 edition featured around 92 films from 33
countries in three categories: Short Fiction, Documentary and Animation.
- The State Bank of India announced a cut of _____ in its benchmark lending rate under a new system of calculation, signaling a further implement in borrowing costs ahead of the busy season.
D.0.35%Answer – A.0.15%
The State Bank of India announced a cut of 0.15% in its benchmark lending rate under a new system of calculation, signalling a further implement in borrowing costs ahead of the busy season. Private sector lender ICICI Bank was the first to announce a cut of 0.10% in its marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) across tenors, which was followed by a similar move by the country’s largest lender SBI, but of a larger measure of 0.15%.
- Which country’s Prime Minister and European Union leaders to sign a long-delayed landmark trade deal at a summit in Brussels?
D.CanadaAnswer – D.Canada
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and European Union leaders finally ratified a landmark trade deal seven years in the making, after it was nearly being protested by a small region of Belgium. The European Union and Canada have signed a landmark free trade deal in Brussels which will remove 99 percent of custom duties between Canada and EU member states. The deal is expected to improve trade by €12 billion per year, generating jobs and economic growth.
- Which festival was respected for the first time at the United Nations, with the world body’s imposing headquarters in New York?
D.Ganesh ChaturthiAnswer – B.Diwali
Diwali was respected for the first time at the United Nations, with the world body’s imposing headquarters here lit up especially on the occasion of the Indian festival of lights. The UN headquarter in New York was lit up and displayed a lamp with the message of “Happy Diwali” written in blue light to celebrate the spirit of the festival.
- Which year is considered as a deadliest year for migrants crossing the Mediterranean reported by United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?
D.2013Answer – A.2016
According to UN refugee agency United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), 2016 has been the deadliest year for migrants with a total of 3,740 people have died since January in the Mediterranean sea in the boat journey to Europe. The International Organisation for Migration reports that 316,331 migrants and refugees entered Europe by sea in 2016 through 9 October, arriving mostly in Greece and Italy. Some 167,972 people have arrived in Greece and 144,527 in Italy during 2016.
- What is the new scheme has been approved by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi for all Major Port Trusts and Dock Labour Board employees/workers for the years 2015-16 to 2017-18?
A.Business Strategy Reward Scheme
B.Sales Linked Reward Scheme
C.Productivity Linked Reward Scheme
D.Marketing Strategy Reward SchemeAnswer – C.Productivity Linked Reward Scheme
he Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has given its approval to New Productivity Linked Reward(PLR) Scheme for all Major Port Trusts and Dock Labour Board employees/workers for the years 2015-16 to 2017-18. The new PLR scheme will benefit about 37870 Port and Dock workers/employees in all the Major Port Trusts and the yearly outgo will be Rs. 49.58 crore. It will be calculated on the enhanced wage ceiling for calculation of Bonus at Rs. 7000/- per month.
- Name the title has been honored with the Three Maharashtra women for their initiative of building toilets for their families by making them understand the importance of hygiene?
D.SwachhatadootAnswer – D.Swachhatadoot
Three women from Maharashtra SuvarnaLokhande, Sangeeta Awhale & Chiatali Rathod were conragulated & honored by MC granting title of “Swachhatadoot”. They can become agents of change and can reach to many others with their own experience. They have become the role models to many who want to bring this kind of a change in their lives.