Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which state has become the first state to implement the benefits of 7th Central Pay commission to its employees with effect from 01.01.17?
Answer – D.Haryana
Haryana become the first state to give the benefit of 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) to its employees with effect from January 1, 2017 said by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. The risk allowance admissible to the police personnel would continue upto March 31, 2017, whereas earlier it was admissible upto the year 2015
- Odisha State Government announced a new scheme “Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Sibir” to provide legal assistance to which class of society?
Answer – C.Deprived Sections
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik announced a new scheme ‘Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Sibir’ to provide legal assistance to the deprived sections of the society at the grassroots level in all its 6,812 gram panchayats across the state. The scheme was named after great Odia lawyer, ‘Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Sibir’
- Which State Government has announced a three tier air treatment system to deal with rising air pollution in City?
Answer – A.Delhi
The Delhi government has announced a three-tier air treatment system to deal with rising air pollution in city. It includes setting up of wind purification units, mist fountains and virtual chimney at five major traffic intersections on trial basis.
- Uttar Pradesh state Government has inaugurated the dedicated power supply of minimum how many hours to every nook and corner of state ?
Answer – C.18 hours
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated the dedicated power supply minimum 18 hours to every nook and corner of the state. At Lucknow, Mr. Akhilesh Yadav announced that he chose the festival of Diwali to give gift of more power to the people of the state.
- United Nations General Assembly committee voted to launch negotiations on a new treaty banning which cause despite strong opposition?
Answer – A.Nuclear Weapons
A UN General Assembly committee voted to launch negotiations on a new treaty banning nuclear weapons despite strong opposition from the world’s nuclear powers. A declaration presented by Austria, Ireland, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa and Brazil was adopted by a vote of 123 to 38, with 16 abstentions following weeks of lobbying by the nuclear powers for ‘no’ votes.
- Which Indian Pharma Company has been ranked among the world’s top 10 employers in the biotechnology industry by an international science magazine?
Answer – D.Biocon
India’s bio-pharma major Biocon Ltd has been ranked among the world’s top 10 employers in the biotechnology industry by an international science magazine. According to a web-based annual survey by the magazine, the city-based company moved to ninth this year from 13 last year in the ‘Science 2016 Top Employer‘ ranking, which is based on firms that are innovative leaders in the industry, are socially responsible and have a clear vision.
- India’s Forex reserves have been raised from USD 1 billion to how many USD billion during October 2016?
Answer – C.367.14 billion
In the reporting week, Foreign Currency Assets (FCAs), a major component of the overall reserves, increased by USD 1.015 billion to USD 341.923 billion. According to the apex bank, the special drawing rights with the International Monetary Fund declined by USD 5.4 million to USD 1.463 billion, while India’s reserve position with the Fund dipped by USD 8.8 million to USD 2.347 billion.
- India has partnered with which country for the proposal to double the range of the BrahMos world’s first supersonic cruise missile ?
Answer – C.Russia
India and Russia have given nod for the proposal to double the range of the BrahMos, world’s first supersonic cruise missile at the 16th Russia-India intergovernmental commission on military cooperation meeting.
- Which organization has appointed its first adviser undertook with promoting the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) issues its development work?
C.International Monetary Fund
Answer – B.World Bank
The World Bank has appointed its first adviser undertook with promoting the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) issues in its development work. The newly created senior position is part of the bank’s efforts to make firm its commitment to researching decreasing discrimination against LGBTI persons across the 136 countries.
- Who has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of The World Bank on 28th October 16?
Answer – B.Kristalina Georgieva
The World Bank has appointed Kristalina Georgieva from Bulgaria as its chief executive officer on October 28, 2016. It will effective from January 2017. She will report to the bank’s president Jim Yong Kim. World Bank appoints Kristalina Georgieva as chief executive officer. She will be replacing the bank’s managing director and chief operating officer Sri Mulyani.
- Which country has introduced temporary ban on catching Hilsa Fish in order to save the hugely popular fish?
Answer – D.Bangladesh
Bangladesh has introduced temporary ban on catching Hilsa Fish in an effort to save the hugely popular fish.Before Bangladesh government banned fishermen from catching young hilsa at certain times of the year.
- Which country has clinched the First prize in Senior International roller skating medal in the Asian Championship in China?
Answer – B.India
The trio of Dhanush Babu, Vikram Ingale and Nikhilesh Tabhane have won India’s first ever senior international roller skating medal in the Asian Championship in China. The Indian trio shocked higher ranked contestants such as Chinese Taipei and Indonesia. South Korea pocketed the gold medal, while hosts China won silver medal. Chinese
Taipei, Iran and Indonesia finished fourth, fifth and sixth, respectively in the summit clash involving six teams.
- Which cricketer has become the first Englishman to reach 10,000 Test runs after scoring runs against Sri Lanka at Emirates Riverside?
Answer – B.Alastair Cook
Alastair Cook has become the first Englishman to reach 10,000 Test runs after scoring the five runs he needed on day four of the second Investec Test against Sri Lanka at Emirates Riverside. Alastir Cook became first to score 10000 runs as an opening batsman
- Former Asian Games Winner Prodyut Burman passed away at the age of 81 due to Parkinson’s disease. He belonged to which sports?
Answer – D.Football
Asian Games winning former India football goalkeeper Prodyut Burman passed away this evening at a city hospital following a prolonged illness. The 81-year-old was suffering from Parkinson’s disease for a long time. Mr. Burman represented Eastern Railway, Later he moved to Mohun Bagan.
- International Internet Day is being observed on which date annually to remember th event of the sending of the first electronic message?
Answer – B.29th October
International Internet Day is observed every year on 29th of October Since 2005 to remember the event of the sending of the first message, first electronic message which was transferred from one computer to another in 1969