Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is observed as World Osteoporosis Day every year to raising global awareness about the prevention of osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease?
Answer – B.October 20
World Osteoporosis Day is observed on October 20 every year since 1997 to raising global awareness of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease. 2016 Theme is Love Your Bones – Protect your Future. It was organized by the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF).
- Which renowned British statistician has been awarded with the inaugural recipient of the International Prize in Statistics?
A.Sir James Watson
B.Sir David James
C.Sir David Cox
D.Sir John Xavier
Answer – C.Sir David Cox
Renowned British statistician Sir David Cox has been awarded with the inaugural recipient of the International Prize in Statistics. With a monetary award of $75,000, it is given every other year by the International Prize in Statistics Foundation. International Statistics Day – The theme for this year is “Better Data, Better Lives”.
- The Book on Cricket Player ViratKohli titled ‘Driven: The ViratKohli Story’ was published in which place?
Answer – A.New Delhi
The book on Cricket Player ViratKohli titled ‘Driven: The ViratKohli Story’ was published in the presence of Coach Raj Kumar Sharma, VirenderSehwag, KapilDev, Anil Kumble, Ravi Shastri, AshishNehra, Ajay Jadeja, KarthikMurali, HariGidwani and Anjum Chopra in New Delhi.
- What is the rank positioned by The Indian football team from 148 countries in the latest FIFA ranking?
Answer – A.137th
The Indian football team ranked 137th from 148 in the latest FIFA ranking in over six years after India defeated Puerto Rico in an International Friendly in Mumbai lat month. India were ranked 137th in 2010 which stayed India’s best ever FIFA Ranking. Next year, India will host the Under-17 FIFA World Cup.
- Which team has won the 15th USIC- International Shooting World Championship with 10 medals held at Saint Mandrier, France?
B.Indian Overseas Bank team
C.Indian Railways team
D.Indian Bank team
Answer – C.Indian Railways team
First time Western Railways Team won the 15th USIC- International Shooting World Championship with 10 medals(5 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze) held at Saint Mandrier, France. The team won Gold in 50 Meter Rifle Event, defeating Germany and France and Swapnil Kusale and Tejaswini Muley won Gold and Silver medal respectively.
- Who is the founder member of PDP resigned from the LokSabha protesting against the “failure” of Parliament to make “any tangible moves” to end violence in Kashmir?
A.Aamir Liaquat Hussain
C.Tariq Hameed Karra
Answer – C.Tariq Hameed Karra
Tariq HameedKarra, founder member of PDP, today formally resigned from the LokSabha protesting against the “failure” of Parliament to make “any tangible moves” to end violence in Kashmir. Tariq HameedKarra, an elected member of LokSabhafrom Srinagar Parliamentary Constituency of Jammu and Kashmir has resigned his seat in LokSabha and his resignation has been accepted by the Speaker.
- Which Mumbai based photographer has won the prestigious Wildlife Photographer Award, 2016 by the BBC and Natural History Museum in London?
Answer – D.Nayan Khanolkar
Mumbai based NayanKhanolkar got the one shot that would go on to win him the prestigious Wildlife Photographer Award, 2016 by the BBC and Natural History Museum in London. Nayan was awarded the ‘Urban Wildlife category’ award in London. His picture shows a leopard staring directly into the lens as it walks underneath a tiny yellow bulb between two mud-splattered homes of tribals in Aarey Colony.
- Which company became the first Indian solar company to be listed on NYSE after it announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 3,409,091 equity shares at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)?
B.Azure Power Global Limited
C.SunPower by Alternative Energy Systems
D.NRG Clean Power
Answer – B.Azure Power Global Limited
Azure Power Global Limited become the first Indian solar company to be listed on NYSE after it announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 3,409,091 equity shares at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The IPO offering includes 2,242,424 equity shares to be sold by Azure Power and 1,166,667 shares to be sold by certain selling shareholders
- Which bank has to provide USD 2 Billion to Bangladesh to fight for clmatic changes like global warming and cyclones etc.,?
A.Central bank of Bangladesh
B.Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited
C.Asian Development Bank
Answer – D.World Bank
World Bank president Jim Yong Kim announced USD 2 billion loans for Bangladesh to help Bangladesh to fight climate change. The USD 2 billion for climate change is in addition to USD 1 billion pledged by world Bank to end childhood stunted growth. Bangladesh is one of the worst victims of global warming, with thousands of people being killed by cyclones in recent years .
- Which bank has declared Silchar as its 5th zone in North East after Guwahati, Shillong?
A.Bank of India
B.Bank of Maharashtra
C.Bank of Baroda
D.State Bank of India
Answer – D.State Bank of India
SBI has declared Silchar as its 5th zone in North East after Guwahati, Shillong, Dibrugarh and Jorhat, which will cater to the banking needs of the people of Mizoram, Tripura and Manipur along with the Barak Valley. The bank has 736 branches across North East together with 3,000 ATMs and 3,000 customer service points for customer facilitation.
- Which organisation has re-constituted its committee which advises the regulator on issues related to disclosure requirements and accounting practices for various entities in the securities market?
Answer – A.SEBI
Capital Markets Regulator, SEBI has re-constituted its committee which advises the regulator on issues related to disclosure requirements and accounting practices for various entities in the securities market. The 17-member Committee on Disclosures and Accounting Standards will continue to be chaired by Tata Sons Director (Finance) Ishaat Hussain.
- The India – China armies second Joint Exercise called “Sino India Cooperation 2016” was held at which place?
Answer – A.Ladakh
The Indian and Chinese armies held Second Joint Exercise “Sino India Cooperation 2016” , as a sequel to the first Joint Exercise held in the area of Border Personnel Meeting Hut at Chushul Garrison of Eastern Ladakh, along with Chinese troops of Moldo Garrison under the provisions of Border Defense Cooperation Agreement, 2013.
- Which government official was on a five-day visit to Hungary and Algeria, where he raised the matter of cross-border terrorism and a host of other bilateral issues?
Answer – C.Hamid Ansari
Vice President Hamid Ansari was on a five-day visit to Hungary and Algeria, where he raised the matter of cross-border terrorism and a host of other bilateral issues.The Vice-President had wide-ranging interaction sessions with government leaders and others in both Budapest and Algiers.
- What is the name of skill development programme has been launched by the Maharashtra government for students?
Answer – D.Kaushalya Setu
Maharashtra government launched ‘KaushalyaSetu’, its skill development programme for students. Chief Minister DevendraFadnavis, Union Minister of State Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (Independent Charge) Rajiv Pratap Rudy and state Education Minister VinodTawde were present on the occasion.
- Which is the India’s second eco-friendly airport is all set to open its doors to passengers?
Answer – D.Vadodara
A new terminal is equipped with facilities of international standard IN Vadodara.The facility has also been rated by Green Ratings of International Habitat Assessment, the highest national rating for green buildings considered by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI). This terminal building boasts of several features of a green building. Energy efficient glass has been used.
- Who has arrived in India on October 16 on a four-day trip during which she attended BRICS-BIMSTEC Outreach Summit in Goa and held talks with Prime Minister Narendra on key bilateral and regional issues?
A.Aung San SuuKyi
Answer – A.Aung San SuuKyi
In her first visit after becoming State Counsellor, Myanmarese leader DawAung San SuuKyi arrived in India on October 16 on a four-day trip during which she attended BRICS-BIMSTEC Outreach Summit in Goa and held talks with Prime Minister Narendra on key bilateral and regional issues.
- Who has been inaugurated the 28th Accountants General Conference in New Delhi?
Answer – A.Pranab Mukherjee
The President of India, ShriPranab Mukherjee inaugurated the 28th Accountants General Conference in New Delhi.The founding drafters of our Constitution had envisaged a prominent role for public audit in our country’s governance and accountability framework.
- Railways and Urban Development Ministries signed anMoU for how many years to redevelop railway stations and adjoining areas on smart city lines for enhancing passenger amenities?
Answer – B.Five
Railways and Urban Development Ministries signed anMoU for five years to redevelop railway stations and adjoining areas on smart city lines for enhancing passenger amenities, easy access to stations, enabling optimal utilisation of land at railway stations.
- The three-day Air Force Commanders’ Conference was held at which place by the leadership of Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha?
Answer – C.New Delhi
The three-day Air Force Commanders’ Conference held at Air force Headquarters, New Delhi. The Air Force Commanders briefed the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha on various issues relating to operational capability, maintenance and HR. Future plans for enhancing IAF’s capability were also discussed.
- The theme for 2016 World Statistics Day is
A.Better Data, Better Lives
B.Statistics for all, with all
C.Better Life for Every One
D.Statistics for Everyday life
Answer – A.Better Data, Better Lives
World Statistics Day was celebrated for the first time on 20 October 2010 worldwide. The United Nations Statistical Commission declared the day. The theme for this year is “Better Data, Better Lives”. This theme emphasizes the critical role of high-quality official statistical information in analysis and informed policy decision-making in support of sustainable development.