Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 6 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 4, 2017, Minister of Road Transport and Highways Mr. Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the first ever India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit (IITLS) in:
5.BengaluruAnswer – 2.New Delhi
This three-day summit was organised by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. IITLS was attended by nearly 3000 delegates from India and abroad. Delegates from World Bank and Asian Development Bank were also present at the summit.
- Who among the following inaugurated the 8th conference of head of missions (HoM) in New Delhi?
1.President Pranab Mukherjee
2.Vice President Hamid Ansari
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
4.External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj
5.Foreign Scretary S. JaishankarAnswer – 4.External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj
Key foreign policy issues including India’s engagement with major powers as well as strain in ties with Pakistan and China were discussed during the conference. It was attended by around 120 Indian envoys posted worldwide.
- Which is the only state that did not participate in Central Government’s Swachh Survekshan 2017?
5.OdishaAnswer – 4.West Bengal
An official with the West Bengal’s Urban Development Department had reportedly said that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had launched ‘Mission Nirmal Bangla’ to make the state open-defecation free (ODF) and hence there was “no point” in participating in the survey.
- Which among the following State Government has made Aadhaar Cards mandatory in place of Ration Cards for all Financial Assistance Schemes?
5.PunjabAnswer – 5.Punjab
This decision has been taken to ensure that only genuine people get the benefits of financial assistance schemes and pension scheme. Punjab State’s Department of Social Security and Women & Child Development has been directed by Chief Minister to undertake a survey of the existing beneficiaries of various schemes and to weed out the ineligible beneficiaries.
- Which State Govt. has decided to offer food at subsidised rates to registered construction workers?
5.JharkhandAnswer – 2.Haryana
Haryana Minister of State for Labour and Employment Nayab Singh said that Haryana Government will open canteens offering meals under the Antyodaya Anna Yojana, at 23 locations in the state.
- In a gazette notification, the Union Home Ministry said the entire Assam along with bordering areas of Meghalaya, have been declared “disturbed” under AFSPA for three months with effect from May 3, 2017. Abbreviation AFSPA stands for:
1.Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act
2.Armed Forces (Subsidiary Powers) Act
3.Armed Forces (Stringent Powers) Act
4.Armed Forces (Security Powers) Act
5.Armed Forces (Safety Powers) ActAnswer – 1.Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act
75 incidents of violence took place in Assam during 2016 which killed 33 people including 4 security personnel. These violent acts have been perpetrated by insurgent groups like ULFA and NDFB.
- Maharashtra Health Minister Deepak Sawant has announced that the state has tied up with World Health Organisation (WHO) for eradication of:
5.Viral PneumoniaAnswer – 3.Rubella
The vaccination drive for Rubella will start from March 2018 under which, children in Maharashtra aged between 9 months to 15 years, will be vaccinated for Rubella. Rubella is an infection among humans which is caused by the rubella virus.
- The 15th edition of WFH International Musculoskeletal Congress(IMC) was held from 5thof May to 7th of May, 2017 in:
3.Colombo, Sri Lanka
5.Seoul, South KoreaAnswer – 5.Seoul, South Korea
The 15th International Musculoskeletal Congress covered many topics, including benefits, approaches, concerns, and developments in skill acquisition techniques, effects, assessments and surgical considerations related to the kinetic chain, and pathology and prevention of synovitis.
- Reserve Bank of India has fixed the rate of interest on the Floating Rate Bonds, 2024 (FRB 2024)for the half year May 7, 2017 to November 6, 2017 at:
5.6.60%Answer – 2.6.30%
This rate is the average rate of the implicit yields (computed by considering 365 days in a year) at the cut-off prices of the last three auctions of Government of India 182 day Treasury Bills held up to May 7, 2017.
- Reserve Bank of India has announced that India’s forex reserves touched a lifetime high of $_____ billion as on April 28, 2017.
5.$572.73 billioAnswer – 3.$372.73 billion
The reserves had risen by $1.250 billion to $371.14 billion in the previous week. Previously, they had touched a high of $371.99 billion in the week to September 30, 2016. Gold reserves remained unchanged at $19.869 billion.
- Who among the following has won the prestigious 2016 Wisden-MCC (Melbourne Cricket Council) Cricket Photograph of the Year?
5.Ejaz MansuriAnswer – 4.Saqib Majeed
Saqib Majeed, a Srinagar-based freelance photographer has won the prestigious 2016 Wisden-MCC (Melbourne Cricket Council) Cricket Photograph of the Year. He won this award for a stunning image, which captured boys playing cricket in the Nishat Gardens in Srinagar.
- Usha Ananthasubramanian has been appointed as the head of which public sector bank?
3.Bank of Baroda
5.Indian Overseas BankAnswer – 4.Allahabad Bank
In a major restructuring in the public sector banking space, the government appointed heads of various lenders, besides carrying out rejigs at Punjab National Bank and Bank of India. Punjab National Bank Managing Director Usha Ananthasubramanian has been shifted to Kolkata-based Allahabad Bank and head of Bank of India Melwyn Rego moved to Syndicate Bank with immediate effect.
- Researchers from ______________have developed a synthetic, soft tissue retina which closely mimics the natural human retinal process.
5.Yale UniversityAnswer – 1.Oxford University
This breakthrough could lead to development of new, less invasive technologies that more closely resemble human body tissues and will help in treating degenerative eye conditions such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- An Ariane 5 rocketcarrying two telecommunications satellites for _______ and _________ was launched on May 5, 2017.
1.South Arica and South Korea
2.South Korea and Brazil
3.South Korea and Singapore
4.Singapore and South Africa
5.Brazil and South AfricaAnswer – 2.South Korea and Brazil
An Ariane 5 rocket carrying two telecommunications satellites for South Korea and Brazil blasted off in a launch which had been delayed since March 20, 2017 due to a crippling strike in French Guiana. The rocket was launched from Europe’s space port in Kourou, Guiana, Arianespace.
- Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD)missile defense system is now operational in South Korea. Which country has helped South Korea in deploying THAAD?
5.ChinaAnswer – 3.US
Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile defense system is now operational in South Korea. The system has attained initial intercept capability which will be augmented by end of 2017 on arrival of new components. THAAD is United States Army anti-ballistic missile system designed to shoot down incoming ballistic missiles.
- India’s first of its kind, indigenously developed high temperature drop tube reactor (DTR)system has been installed by NETRA. Abbreviation NETRA stands for:
1.NTPC Energy Technology Resolution Alliance
2.NTPC Energy Technology Research Academy
3.NTPC Energy Transmission Research Alliance
4.NTPC Energy Transmission Research Academy
5.NTPC Energy Technology Research AllianceAnswer – 5.NTPC Energy Technology Research Alliance
The DTR system is used for designing advanced ultra super critical technology, combustion characterisation of coal/biomass, and reducing carbon footprint from the fossil fuel plants. NETRA (NTPC Energy Technology Research Alliance) was set up in 2009.
- Ely Ould Mohamed Vall, who passed away on May 5, 2017, was the former military junta leader of which West African country?
5.Sierra LeoneAnswer – 4.Mauritania
Ely Ould Mohamed Vall, former military junta leader of Mauritania (West African Country) died off a heart attack on May 5, 2017. Following the death of Ely Ould Mohamed Vall, Mauritania’s president has declared 3 days of national mourning.
- Leila Seth, the first woman judge of the _________ High Court passed away on May 5, 2017
1.Allahabad High Court
2.Delhi High Court
3.Chennai High Court
4.Mumbai High Court
5.Patna High CourtAnswer – 2.Delhi High Court
Leila Seth, the first woman judge of the Delhi high court, died of cardiac arrest at her Noida home on May 5, 2017. She was the first woman to have topped the London Bar exam. She was also one of the three members of the Justice Verma Committee which was constituted in 2012 to recommend amendments to the Criminal Law for criminals accused of committing sexual assault against women.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.