AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 26 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where did Chief of the Naval Staff Sunil Lanba commission Indian Navy’s Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Training Facility ABHEDYA?
1) INS Kalvari,Mumbai
2) INS Shivaji,Lonavla
3) INS Vikrant,Visakhapatnam
4) INS Vagir,Mumbai
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) INS Shivaji,Lonavla
The state of the art Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Training Facility (NBCTF) named ABHEDYA of Indian Navy has been commissioned at INS Shivaji, Lonavla in Mumbai by Admiral Sunil Lanba, PVSM AVSM ADC, Chief of the Naval Staff. It will provide training to naval personnel in detection, protection against and decontamination of nuclear, biological and chemical agents.The theme of the logo of technical training establishment is “Propelling the Indian Navy since 1945”. iii. It was constructed by Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL).
- First Indian Army Mountaineering Expedition held in which Mountain?
1) Mt Makalu
2) Mt Kangchenjunga
3) Mt Nanda Devi
4) Mt Kamet
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mt Makalu
First Indian Army Mountaineering Expedition to Mt Makalu (8485m) comprising five Officers, two JCOs and eleven OR was flagged off by Director General Military Training on 26 Mar 2019. In furtherance of the objective of summiting all challenging peaks above 8000M, Indian Army is launching its maiden expedition to Mt Makalu in Mar-May 2019. Mt Makalu is considered amongst the most dangerous peaks and summiting the peak is considered extremely challenging due to inclement weather conditions and freezing temperatures. The peak will test the climbers for technical acumen, mental and physical courage and their determination to reach atop Mt Makalu.
- Name the Joint training military exercise, that held between Indian and Sri Lanka Army in Diyatalawa in Sri Lanka.
1) Yudh Abhyas VII
2) Sudarshan Shakti
3) Ajeya Warrior IV
4) Mitrashakti – VI
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mitrashakti – VI
From 26 March to 08 April 2019, the joint training exercise MITRASHAKTI – VI between Indian and Sri Lanka Army is being held at Diyatalawa in Sri Lanka to strengthen interoperability, mutual understanding and built a better relationship between both the armies. An Indian contingent of 120 Army personnel, including 11 officers took part in this exercise. It is an annual event held in India and Sri Lanka alternatively. The previous exercise (MITRASHAKTI – V) was held at Pune, India where 120 personnel of Sri Lanka Army had participated.The exercise will also help to build excellence in tackling terrorism, conduct of joint tactical operations and building combat skills.
- Where is the world’s largest e-waste recycling plant inaugurated?
1) Kuala Lumpur Industrial Park,Malaysia
2) London Industrial Park,London
3) Dubai Industrial Park,Dubai
4) Bengaluru Industrial Park,India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dubai Industrial Park,Dubai
On 26th March 2019, the world’s largest e-waste recycling plant has opened in Dubai Industrial Park, Dubai by ‘Enviroserve’ company with a total cost of $5 million.It will recycle Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), IT asset disposition (ITAD), refrigerant gas and specialized waste. The processing capacity of this recycling hub is 100,000 tonnes of total integrated waste (per year), of which 39,000 tonnes is e-waste.The recycling hub will use state-of-the-art reclamation technology, which beat the European Union’s standards for e-waste.The project is supported by the Swiss Government Export Finance Agency.
- What is the name of corridor approved by Pakistan Government for Hindu pilgrims recently?
1) Sharada Peeth Corridor
2) Siliguri Corridor
3) India Pakistan Economic Corridor
4) IT Corridor
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sharada Peeth Corridor
After Kartarpur Corridor, now Government of Pakistan has given its consent to the proposal of opening Sharada Peeth Corridor for Hindu pilgrims to visit Sharada Peeth located in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (POK). The 5000 years old Sharada Peeth is an ancient Hindu temple and cultural site in PoK.It is also an ancient centre of learning, dedicated to the Hindu goddess of learning.
- Where did Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA) 2019 held?
1) Abu Dhabi,UAE
3) New Delhi,India
4) Washington D.C.,U.S.
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Langkawi,Malaysia
The 5 days long, Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA-2019) is being commenced at Langkawi, Malaysia.Indian Air force is participating for the first time to enhance the relationship between the two services. The Indian group consists 02xLCA, 01xC-130J and one x IL-76ac along with 27 officers, 42 air warriors and 11 HAL personnel.
- Name the India’s supersonic fighter jet that took part in Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA) 2019.
1) Mikoyan MiG-27
2) Sukhoi Su-30MKI
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Tejas
In LIMA 2019, Indian side is representing by its indigenous supersonic fighters jet Tejas and anti submarine warfare corvette INS Kadmatt.The Expo will provide Indian Air Force an opportunity to interact with the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) Counterparts and create a close relationship with them.
- Name the Bank that was imposed a penality of Rs 2 crore by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) recently for non-compliance of regulatory directions regarding SWIFT operations?
1) Indian Bank
2) Union Bank of India
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Yes Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Punjab National Bank
On 25th March 2019, The Reserve Bank of India slapped Rs.2 crore as penalty for non-compliance of regulatory directions regarding SWIFT operations on Punjab National Bank.Society for World Wide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) is a network which enables the financial institutions worldwide to send and receive information about the financial transactions in a secure manner.The misuse of SWIFT messaging software has lead to the massive Rs.14000 Cr fraud in the PNB which attracted the penalty.
- Which Financial services company along with Goldman Sachs partnered with Apple to launch new credit card termed Apple Card?
3) Deutsche Bank
4) Standard Chartered
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mastercard
The Tech Giant Apple has partnered with Goldman Sachs and Mastercard to launch a new credit card called Apple Card. Apple Card can be used along the wallet app of the iPhone.This virtual credit card will replace the traditional credit card with the smart and secure one.It can be used online and offline. The partnership with Goldman Sachs and Mastercard will help Apple for payment handling and processing.Through the Apple Wallet App,the application for Apple Card can be made and the users can also track expenses on a daily, weekly, monthly or even category-wise basis.
- India revised the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAAs) with which country that will come into effect from April 1?
4) Both 1 and 3
5) Both 2 and 3Answer – 4) Both 1 and 3
Changes in the SEBI listing and prevention of insider-trading regulations, revisions in the double-taxation avoidance agreements (DTAAs) with Mauritius and Singapore are set to come into effect from April 1.The changes in DTAAs give India the right to tax capital gains arising on Indian equity shares sold by a Singapore or Mauritian resident. Indian financial markets recently saw several cases of high volatility in companies, like Sun Pharma, DHFL and IL&FS, which created panic among retail investors. In all these, the role of the board came under lens.
- Shambhu S Kumaran has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to which country?
1) Kingdom of Morocco
3) Western Sahara
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Kingdom of Morocco
Shambhu S Kumaran, a 1995 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer has been appointed as next India’s Ambassador to Kingdom of Morocco. He presently works as a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Defence. He will succeed Dr. Kheya Bhattacharya.
- Who was appointed as the Non-Executive Independent Chairman of Karur Vysya Bank for a period of 3 years?
1) Atul Kumar Goel
2) P.S. Jayakumar
3) N.S. Srinath
4) Padmaja Chunduru
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) N.S. Srinath
On 26th March 2019, Karur Vysya Bank appointed N S Srinath as Non-Executive Independent Chairman for a period of 3 years. The appointment is subject to the approval of the Reserve Bank of India and the Shareholders of the Bank.Srinath is graduate in Science and Law and a Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers. He is also a certificate holder in Industrial Finance.N S Srinath started his career in Canara Bank in the year 1970 and served in the areas of Information Technology, Projects and HRD.He served as an Executive Director of the Bank of Baroda (Trinidad and Tobago) Limited and Bank of Baroda Ghana Limited.He also served in board of Central Registry of Securitisation Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest in India (CERSAI).
- Where did researchers from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research record muons?
1) RACRRA Institute of Fundamental Research,Coimbatore
2) Cosmic Ray Laboratory,Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,Ooty
3) Radio Astronomy Centre,Ooty
4) GRAPES-3 muon telescope facility,Ooty
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) GRAPES-3 muon telescope facility,Ooty
On 23rd March 2019, for the first time in the world, researchers at the GRAPES-3 muon telescope facility in Ooty have measured a thundercloud’s electrical potential, size, and height which was passed overhead on 1st December 2014. This measure will help to navigate aircraft and to prevent short circuits in aeroplanes. The Thunderstorms can reach voltages ten times greater than those previously recorded which was 1.3 billion volts.Sunil Gupta at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in Mumbai, India, and his team used the GRAPES-3 facility in Ooty, India, to record muons.The Muon particles are originated when cosmic rays strike into Earth’s atmosphere.
- Name the telescope of NASA,that captured the giant storm in Neptune.
1) Kepler Space Telescope
2) Hubble Space Telescope
3) Hale Telescope
4) Galileo National Telescope
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hubble Space Telescope
On 25th March 2019, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) stated that its Hubble Space Telescope has captured the birth of a giant storm on Neptune.The new finding will help to understand the inner workings of the planets and in the study of exoplanets of similar size and composition.Hubble Space Telescope was launched in 1990 by NASA. The photos was taken by the Hubble for the past several years shows the growth of a new great Dark spot in Neptune.
- Which city is set to host Olympic and Paralympic Games in the year 2020?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Tokyo,Japan
On 25th March 2019, Paralympic torch was unveiled by the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020), for Paralympic Torch Relay which will take place between 13th and 25th August 2020, to represent the Torch Relay.The torch will be lit on the concept of ““Share Your Light”. The torch is made from the recycled aluminum and is modeled after the Japanese cherry blossom or “sakura”. The color of the torch is “Sakura Pink”. On 13th August 2020, The Paralympic torch relay will begin in Japan, four days after the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Closing Ceremony.The Torch Relay will give everyone an opportunity to reflect on a new partnership among the people of different backgrounds and abilities.Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games mascot – SOMEITY.
- Name the Indian player who won bronze medal in the men’s Singles title in the Seamaster 2019 ITTF Challenge Plus or 2019 Oman Open table tennis.
1) Soumyajit Ghosh
2) Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
4) Sharath Kamal
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) G.Sathyan
On 24th March 2019, The Seamaster 2019 ITTF Challenge Plus commonly called Oman Open table tennis held in Muscat, Oman. Indian players G Sathyan and Archana Kamath excelled in the tournament.Indian player G Sathyan was defeated by Mattias flack of Sweden in the men’s Singles Semifinals G Sathyan settled for a bronze medal in the tournament. The score was 8-11, 11-7, 9-11, 11-9, 9-11, 11-9, 10-12.Archana Kamath bags U-21 silver with an excellent run in the Oman Open. She was defeated by the Japanese player Satsuki Odo in U-21 Women’s Singles final. The score was 7-11, 8-11, 6-11.Sathyan and Sharath lost to Russian pair Denis Ivonin and Vladimir Sidorenko in the Men’s Doubles quarterfinals so as with Madhurika Patkar and Riti Shankar in the Women’s doubles.Archana and Sathyan lost the mixed doubles in the first round. Manav Thakkar lost to Artur Abusev of Russia in the semifinals.
- Conor McGregor announced his retirement recently.He belongs to which sport?
2) Weight lifting
4) Mixed Martial Art
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mixed Martial Art
The 30 years old, Irish Mixed Martial Art (MMA) fighter Conor McGregor has announced his retirement from the sport. He is the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight and lightweight champion. He holds a UFC record of 21 wins.In April, 2018, he was charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief.
- Jain monk Hitruchivijayji, who died recently was one of the last disciple of ___________.
1) Acharya Rajendrasuri
2) Acharya Ramchandrasurishwarji
3) Acharya Ratnasundarsuri
4) Acharya Vijayanandsuri
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Acharya Ramchandrasurishwarji
57 years old Jain monk, Muni Hitruchivijayji, one of the last disciples of Acharya Ramchandrasurishwarji, passed away due to short ailment in Ahmedabad. The monk was known to have taken diksha at Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad.
- Name the social activist,who passed away at the age of 62 years in Jammu and Kashmir recently.
1) Ghulam Nabi Rathar
2) Sunitha Krishnan
3) Vandana Shiva
4) Shaheen Mistri
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ghulam Nabi Rathar
On 25th March 2019, a social activist, Ghulam Nabi Rathar (aged 62years), of Manigam Kangan, Jammu and Kashmir passed away after brief illness.He was a retired horticultural officer, ex-chairman of Shaheen Public High School Mamigam and owner of Alamdar Public school Wussan Kangan.
- When was the World Purple day or Epilepsy Awareness Day Observed?
1) 24th March
2) 25th March
3) 26th March
4) 23rd March
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 26th March
Epilepsy Awareness Day which is commonly known as World Purple Day is observed of March 26 in order to encourage the people to wear the colour to increase the awareness of Epilepsy. Nearly 50 million people in the world are having Epilepsy as per the World Health Organization (WHO) which does not have a known cause.The day was first observed in 2008 in Nova Scotia, Canada to encourage awareness and cast away the myths on the general public about the disease.Epilepsy is eurological disorder in which brain activity becomes abnormal causing seizures.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency Malaysia?Capital – Kuala Lumpur & Currency – Ringgit
- Who is the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?Ranil Wickremesinghe
- What is the Capital and Currency of Japan?Capital – Tokyo & Currency – Japanese yen
- Who is the MD & CEO of Karur Vysya Bank?P.R. Seshadri
- Name the first state affected by Kyasanur Forest Disease or also known as “monkey disease/monkey fever”.Karnataka