AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 11 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who will chair the Inter-Ministerial Steering Committee of National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage,to finalise the framework for a Phased Manufacturing Program (PMP),aimed at localising the production of electric vehicles (EV) and its components within the country?
1) Rajiv Kumar
2) Amitabh Kant
3) Yashwant Sinha
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Amitabh Kant
On 9th March 2019, The Centre formed National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage to finalise the framework for a Phased Manufacturing Program (PMP).The main aim of the framework is localising the production of electric vehicles (EV) and its components within the country and boost the adoption of clean energy vehicles.Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI Aayog has been appointed to lead the Inter-Ministerial Steering Committee of the mission who will recommend and drive the strategies for transformative mobility in India.PMP will be valid for five years until 2024 to localise production across the entire electric vehicles value chain, such as formulating strategies on manufacturing EVs, its specification and standards, etc.The mission will facilitate inter-ministerial consultations, cooperative federalism and extensive stakeholder and implement end-to-end policy framework for transforming the mobility landscape.Cabinet last month approved a Rs 10,000 crore initiative under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles II (FAME II) scheme, marking a significant push for hybrid and electric vehicles in the country.
- According to India Cooling Action Plan (ICAP),first of its kind,released by Dr.Harsh Vardhan,which of the following year is set as target to reduce cooling demand and refrigerant demand?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2037-38
Union Environment Minister, Dr. Harsh Vardhan released the India Cooling Action Plan (ICAP) aimed at reducing emissions and providing thermal comfort to citizens in New Delhi.ICAP provides an integrated vision towards cooling across sectors encompassing inter alia reduction of cooling demand, refrigerant transition, enhancing energy efficiency and better technology options with a 20 year time horizon.It aims at reducing cooling demand across sectors by 20% to 25% by 2037-38 and refrigerant demand by 25% to 30% by 2037-38.It will provide thermal comfort for all, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, double farmers’ income as with better cold chain infrastructure, a grower will get better value of produce.It seeks to reduce cooling energy requirements by 25% to 40% by 2037-38 and recognize “cooling and related areas” as a thrust area of research under the national Scientific & Technical Programme.
- Who launched the India Urban Observatory,which will help in getting up-to-date information on a meaningful set of indicators over various domains such as transport, health, environment, water, finance?
1) Arun Jaitley
2) Narendra Modi
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Hardeep Singh Puri
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Hardeep Singh Puri
Minister of State (I/C) for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep S Puri, inaugurated The state-of-the-art India Urban Observatory and Video Wall at New Delhi. The India Urban Observatory will plug into the myriad sources of data from cities, both from real-time and archival sources.It will help in getting up-to-date information on a meaningful set of indicators over various domains such as transport, health, environment, water, finance and so on, which will further assist in developing best practices, future strategies and policy interventions as and when required.The Video Wall, will showcase the insights gained from the Observatory and the various Missions/offices with the idea to proactively engage with citizens/visitors in spreading awareness about the various initiatives of the Ministry.
- Which country had signed an agreement with India to liberalize the visa policy by which businessmen and tourists can stay in India for 90 days without a visa?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Maldives
Maldives and India exchanged diplomatic notes for implementing the visa facilitation agreement, which was signed during President Ibu Solih’s visit in December 2018 and will come into effect from 11th March 2019.The new agreement provides a very liberal visa regime for Maldivian nationals to visit India for tourism, business, education and medical purposes and also makes it easier for Indians to travel to Maldives for business purposes. The visa deal will allow Maldivian businessmen and tourists to stay in India for 90 days without a visa. Maldivians with tourist visas can also stay in India for treatment if they suffer a sudden medical issue.
- Name the country,where the entire government has resigned after failing to achieve a key policy goal on social welfare and healthcare reform.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Finland
Finland’s Prime Minister Juha Sipila, along with his cabinet, resigned after failing to push through parliament plans to overhaul health services and social care in the face of an aging population, just a few weeks before the general elections.He tendered his resignation to President Sauli Niinisto, who asked him to stay on as caretaker until the elections in April 2019.Statistics Finland has estimated that more than a quarter of the population will be aged over 65 by 2030, making a more cost-effective welfare state a top priority.The Prime Minister’s proposed solutions included creating regional authorities for health and welfare services, rather than the local municipalities that currently manage the system, and offering including private companies in the healthcare system to a greater extent to offer “freedom of choice”.The plan involved a drastic reorganization of the way health care is administered at a local level as well as a greater role for the private sector.
- Which of the following bank has sanctioned loans worth Rs. 689 crore, to over 1,600 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) via its portal dedicated portal for loan in 59 minutes?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) Union Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Punjab National Bank
The Punjab National Bank (PNB) has sanctioned loans amounting to Rs. 689 crore, to over 1,600 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) viathepsbloansin59minutes.com portal. The bank has sanctioned loans to more than 2.69 lakh small entrepreneurs under the Mudra Yojana during this fiscal till 14th February 2019.Under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, the bank has sanctioned loan to over 17.16 lakh accounts with total amount of Rs. 21,019 crores from the starting of the scheme till December 31, 2018.With regard to the current fiscal year, the bank has sanctioned loans to over 2.69 lakh accounts, amounting to Rs. 5,290 crores till February 14, 2019.In February 2019, Punjab National Bank was awarded under the Enhanced Access and Service Excellence (EASE) reforms agenda. It was also honoured with the Reforms Excellency Award.It also emerged successful in the customer responsiveness, responsible banking and credit Off-take category and got featured in the Forbes World’s Best Bank 2019 report in the field of customer satisfaction ratings.
- Who was appointed as the Prime Minister of Palestine?
1) Ahmed Qurei
2) Ismail Haniyeh
3) Salam Fayyad
4) Mohammad Shtayyeh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mohammad Shtayyeh
The President of Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas appointed Mohammad Shtayyeh as the Palestinian Prime Minister. Mohammad Shtayyeh succeeds Rami al-Hamdallah who resigned from this post 6 weeks ago.He is 61 years old and is a member of the central committee of the president’s Fatah party.He is a former minister who had earlier participated in numerous negotiating teams of Palestine during United States-brokered talks with Israel.
- Anup Kumar Dubey and Sushil Kumar were appointed as the special directors of which of the following agency?
1) Central Bureau of Investigation
2) Enforcement Directorate
3) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
4) National Disaster Management Authority
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Enforcement Directorate
Anup Kumar Dubey and Sushil Kumar have been appointed as the special directors in the Enforcement Directorate (ED), according to a Personnel Ministry order.Both of them are Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) officers.Mr. Dubey has been appointed as Special Director, ED in Delhi while Mr. Kumar in Chennai.
- Who was appointed as Officer on Special Duty in South Coast Railway for setting up of New Zone at Visakhapatnam?
1) S.S Srinivas
2) Sanjiv Kumar
3) Hanish Yadav
4) Anuj Gupta
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) S.S Srinivas
Shri S.S. Srinivas has been appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD), South Coast Railway by Ministry of Railways. He is an Indian Railways Personnel Service (IRPS) officer who previously held the post of Chief Personnel Officer (Administration), South Central Railway. His responsibilities would involve planning and conducting foundation work like surveying existing infrastructural facilities, requirement of land acquisition, preparation of DPR for additional requirements and the blue print for smooth transition of staff into the New Zone, for setting up of a New Zone at Visakhapatnam.
- NHPC Limited received an approval for acquisition of Lanco’s 500 MW Teesta hydro-electric power project at the cost of Rs 907 crore.Where is Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Ltd located?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sikkim
On 7th March 2019, NHPC Limited received an approval for acquisition of Lanco’s 500 MW Teesta hydro-electric power project at the cost of Rs 907 crore in Sikkim.The approval was given by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) during its meeting which was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.Approval has been granted for acquiring Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Ltd (LTHPL) and executing balance work of the Teesta Stage-Vl Hydro Electric Project by the NHPC Limited in Sikkim.The cost of the project is approximately Rs 5,748.04 crore which comprises of- Rs 907 crore for acquisition of the LTHPL and Rs 3,863.95 crore for execution of balance work including Rs 977.09 crore as Interest During Construction (IDC) and Foreign Component (FC).The project is expected to produce 2,400 million units of electricity in a 90 per cent dependable year with an installed capacity of 500 MW (4x125MW). Teesta Stage-Vl is a Run of River (RoR) Scheme in Sirwani Village of Sikkim, for ultilisation of the power potential of Teesta River Basin in cascade manner.
- Which Indian multinational steel manufacturing corporation received NCLT nod for taking over Essar Steel at Rs 42,000 Crore?
1) Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
2) Tata Steel
3) JSW Steel
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) ArcelorMittal
A resolution plan of Rs. 42,000 crores submitted by ArcelorMittal for acquisition of Essar Steel Ltd. was approved by the Ahmedabad bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT). The approval has been granted 583 days after the beginning of insolvency proceedings, against the mandatory time period of 270 days.The resolution proposal submitted by ArcelorMittal’s consists of providing capital to the company, worth Rs 8,000 crore for improving operational efficiencies, increasing production and delivering higher profits.
- Students from which of the following institute developed an app to detect fake currency?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Kharagpur
3) IIT Bombay
4) IIT Kanpur
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IIT Kharagpur
An app to detect fake currency has been developed by group of six students from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kharagpur.The app has been demonstrated at Nationwide competition Smart India Hackathon 2019. The app works as follows: Upload the image of the currency note. The app would then perform verification of its authenticity with the help of 25 features that have been extracted from both the sides of the note. If a fake note is detected, a notification will be sent to the user.
- Which country is planning to release a digital currency called “SOV”(Sovereign)?
1) Marshall Islands
2) Papua New Guinea
3) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Marshall Islands
The Marshall Islands is planning to release a digital currency called “SOV” (Sovereign) in 2019, however, the launch date of the currency has not been decided. Neema, an Israel-based company, is partnering with the Marshall Islands government to develop the digital currency.With SOV, every account would be fully identified and buyers would be checked against the US Office of Foreign Asset Control so that only legitimate, law-abiding people can use the currency.
- Name the Indian boxer,who won gold medal in the 56kg category in 38th GeeBee Boxing Tournament held in Helsinki, Finland.
1) Shiva Thapa
2) Kavinder Singh Bisht
3) Mohammed Hussamudding
4) Dinesh Dagar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kavinder Singh Bisht
38th GeeBee Boxing Tournament was organized by European Boxing Confederation from March 7, 2019 to March 10, 2019 in Helsinki, Finland. India claimed one Gold, 4 silver and 3 bronze in the tournament. The list of Indian medalist is given below.
Name Medal Category Kavinder Singh Bisht Gold 56 kg Mohammed Hussamudding Silver 56 kg Shiva Thapa Silver 60 kg Govind Sahani Silver 49 kg Dinesh Dagar Silver 69 kg Sumit Sangwan Bronze 91 kg Saching Siwach Bronze 52 kg Naveen Kumar Bronze +91 kg
- Who won the Player of the Series title in the women T20I match series between India and England?
1) Kate Cross
2) Alex Hartley
3) Tammy Beaumont
4) Danielle Wyatt
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Danielle Wyatt
On 9th March 2019, England defeated India in the 3rd and final Women’s Twenty20 International in Barsapara Cricket Stadium in Guwahati, Assam.England women’s team won the 3 match series for 3-0. India lost first T20 by 41 runs and second match by a five wicket defeat.England’s Danielle Wyatt won the Player of the Series. Although Smriti Mandhana scored 58 runs for 39 balls, India lost the match for one score. The second T20 defeat was India’s sixth in the row in the shortest format. India was just in short of 3 runs in the final over.England elected to bat at the beginning and the women’s posted a modest 119 for six wickets from their 20 overs. Tammy Beaumont scored 29 runs in the match.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is Capital and Currency of Maldives?Capital – Male and Currency – Maldivian rufiyaa
- Where is Orang National Park located?Answer – Assam
This park is recently in news,because the mysterious disappearance of Royal Bengal tigress, F03, that strayed out of north-central Assam’s Orang National Park 16 months ago, had set off one of the biggest operations in the State to trap the big cat.
- Who is the President of Finland?Sauli Niinisto
- What is the Capital of Marshall Islands?Majuro
- Who is the Prime Minister of United Kingdom?Theresa May