AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 2 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- President Ram Nath Kovind would preside over the two-day 49th Conference of Governors and Lt. Governors which will be held in June 4-5 2018 in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
The first day would be the inauguration day. The second day will be regarding the presentations of the schemes and flagship programs of the government. The presentations would be made by Vice Chairman and CEO of NITI Aayog and National Security Advisor. The third session will comprise of the theme of higher education in state universities and skill development . The presentations will be made by the Secretary , Higher Education and the Secretary , Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion.
- On 2nd June 2018, as a part of activities for the World Environment Day 2018, National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) along with which bank organised a cleanliness drive at Kalindi Kunj ghat on river Yamuna in New Delhi?
4.State Bank of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Yes Bank
The main focus of the cleanliness drive was to remove plastic waste and other solid wastes from Kalindi Kunj ghat. This is the third time in the last two months NMCG has conducted a Swachhta drive at Kalindi Kunj ghat. Volunteers from NMCG and other stakeholders headed by Director General, NMCG, Rajiv Ranjan Mishra carried out the cleaning activities.
- Which country has become the leading country in coconut production and productivity, as it made huge progress in coconut cultivation from mid 2014- 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.India
India became the leading country in coconut production and productivity. from 2014-2018 13,117 hectares of cultivation has emerged as compared to 9561 hectares during 2010-14. India has been exporting coconut oil to Malaysia , Indonesia, Sri Lankasince April 2017. In 2017-18, India exported coconut worth Rs 1602.38 crore while imports stood at Rs 259.70 crore.
- On June 2,2018, the Ministry of Earth Sciences launched a new forecast model named ____ to give accurate and area specific forecast of extreme weather events like rain, heat wave and cold wave?
1.Ensemble Prediction System (EPS)
2.Enforcement Prediction System (EPS)
3.Environment Prediction System (EPS)
4.Enriched Prediction System (EPS)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ensemble Prediction System (EPS)
The EPS would be able to give forecasts 5 days before the event and also the probability of occurrence of extreme weather event with its level of intensity . The area of resolution has been decreased to 12km from 23 km which will give a district level warning . The EPS has been developed by – Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF) and Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology all under Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
- On June 2,2018, Under the Supreme Court’s order of February 13th the Centre formed a ____ Water Management Authority to address the dispute over sharing of river water among Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerela and Puducherry?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Cauvery
The CMA would comprise a Chairman, a Secretary and 8members. Out of the 8 members , 2 each will be full and part time members and the rest would be part time members from the four states concerned . The chairman would either be a senior and eminent engineer with an experience of water resource management or an IAS officer with experience in water resource management. He will have a tenure of 5 years until he reaches 65 years of age . It would formulate schemes and supervise operation of reservoirs and regulation of water releases and if any member state is found guilty of non cooperation and shortfall the authority would take appropriate action.
- On June 2,2018, which state government launched a Zero Based Natural Farming (ZBNF) scheme for benefitting the farmers by 2024?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Andhra Pradesh
The scheme was launched by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N.Chandrababu Naidu. MOU was signed between the state’s agriculture department and Sustainable India Finance Facility (SIFF). The investment for the ZBNF scheme is Rs. 16,134 crores over the next 6 years. Presently 1,63,034 farmers are practicing ZBNF and the state wants to incorporate all the farmers by 2024.
- As a part of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 3 nation Visit to Indonesia , Malaysia and Singapore, how many MoUs were signed between India and Indonesia?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.15
The 15 MOUs were in various fields including, defence, space technology, scientific and technological cooperation, railways, health, medicine, public administration and interaction between think tanks. Mou between Kite Museum in Ahmedabad and Layang Layang Gujrat to promote kite designing . Archaeological Survey of India and Indonesia’s PT Taman Wisata Candi Borobudur, Prambanan and Ratu Boko for beautifying world cultural heritage of Parambanan Temple and Taj Mahal.
- As a part of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 3 nation Visit to Indonesia , Malaysia and Singapore, how many MoUs were signed between India and Singapore?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.14
A total of 14 Mous were inked in a business cum community event called ‘Anushasanam’. These are B2B and B2G pacts. Tata Education and Development Trust and ITE Education Services SingaporeTata Education and Development Trust and ITE Education Services Singapore. Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF) and Singapore Business Federation (SBF).
- On May 31, 2018, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched RuPay card, BHIM and SBI apps at ‘Business, Innovation and Community Event’ in which country?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Singapore
These apps were Rupay Card, BHIM app and SBI app. These were launched in ‘Business, Innovation and Community Event’. This would be beneficial for Indian blue collar workers as they can transfer money as remittance upto Rs. 10000 with this.
- Where was the IISS Shangri-La Dialogue held from 1 to 3 June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Singapore
On June 2, 2018, the PM of India would address the Shangri-La Dialogue which is an annual security meet among 28 Asia –Pacific states . They include Australia, Brunei, Burma(Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, NewZealand, Pakistan, China, Philippines, Russia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand, East Timor, United Kingdom, United States and Vietnam. In the 2018 Dialogue the IISS convened the 17th Asia Security Summit: The IISS Shangri-La Dialogue, from 1-3 June 2018 in Singapore.
- On June 1,2018, PM Modi gave Padma Shri award to former Singaporean Diplomat ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Tommy koh
On June 1,2018, PM modi gave Padma Shri award to former Singaporean Diplomat. This was given to Mr. Tommy koh. The Padma Shri is India’s highest civilian award . Koh was among 10 ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) receipients of the prestigious award.
- Saudi Arabia has set up a royal commission for the holy city of Mecca to welcome Muslim pilgrims for the annual hajj in August. The commission will be chaired by ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Prince Mohammed
This is the second major government change since the appointment of Prince Mohammed bin Salman, son of the king, as heir to the throne. Prince Mohammed is deputy prime minister under his father, King Salman. King Salman had replaced the Saudi Arabia’s labour, Islamic affairs and culture ministers. Also, a royal commission has been set up for the holy city of Mecca. The commission will welcome Muslim pilgrims for the annual hajj in August. The commission will be chaired by Prince Mohammed.
- On 30th May 2018, United States Defense Secretary Jim Mattis announced that U.S. Pacific Command or PACOM is renamed as ____?
1.U.S. Indo-Pacific Command
2.U.S. India Pacific Command
3.U.S. Atlantic Pacific Command
4.U.S. Indo-Pacific Command
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.U.S. Indo-Pacific Command
The U.S. Pacific Command has been renamed as U.S. Indo-Pacific Command in a move to highlight India’s importance to the US military in the middle of tensions with China over the militarisation of the South China Sea. This is the oldest and largest military command of the United States. It was formed after World War II. Jim Mattis commented on the name change at the change of command ceremony in Pearl Harbor for incoming INDOPACOM commander Adm. Phil Davidson.
- On June 2,2018, International Monetory Fund (IMF) released its loan of ____ to the island nation of Srilanka?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.$252 million
This loan is a part of a deal of amount $1.5 billionthat was to be loaned by the IMF to SriLanka. The move of price increase of fuel was welcomed. The cooking gas and lamps has doubled. The gasoline price has been increased by 15 %. The restructuring of loss making SriLankan Airlines was proposed.
- SBI (State Bank of India) has increased its lending rate by how many basis points for all tenors upto 3 years?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.10
They increased their benchmark lending rate (MCLR) by 10basis points or by 0.1 %.SBI has increased its lending rate by 10 basis points for all tenors upto 3 years. The MCLR for overnight and one month tenors is for 7.9% and for the three years tenor is 8.45%. PNB has raised tenors for 3 and 5 years to 8.55% and 8.7%. PNB has also raised the base rate of 9.15% to 9.25%.ICICI has raised MCLR for 5 year tenors to 8.70% and also changed tenors for three and one year.
- On 2nd June 2018, who was sworn in as Spain’s Prime Minister?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Pedro Sanchez
Pedro Sanchez has taken charge as seventh head of government of Spain since it returned to democracy in the late 1970s. Pedro Sanchez has replaced Mariano Rajoy. Mariano Rajoy was stepped down due to a corruption scandal. Pedro Sanchez was sworn in as Spanish prime minister before King Felipe. He belongs to the Socialist Party.
- Name the person who was sworn in for a second 4 year term as Egyptian President, on 2nd June 2018?
2.Abdel Fattah al-Sisi
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Abdel Fattah al-Sisi
Abdel Fattah al-Sisi had won 97 % of valid votes in the presidential election held in March 2018. Earlier Abdel Fattah al-Sisi was army chief. He ousted Egypt’s first freely elected president Mohamed Morsi after mass street protests in 2013 and won his first presidential term in 2014.
- On 1st June 2018, Palo Alto Networks Inc, a Cybersecurity firm, appointed former SoftBank Group Corp president ____ as chief executive officer and chairman?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Nikesh Arora
Nikesh Arora is 50 years old. He replaces Mark McLaughlin as CEO and chairman of Palo Alto Networks Inc. Nikesh Arora was Google’s highest paid executive in 2012. He worked with SoftBank from 2014 to 2016.
- Name the former Bihar chief secretary who has been appointed the Advisor, Policy and Programme Implementation, to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar?
2.Anjani Kumar Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Anjani Kumar Singh
Anjani Kumar Singh is an IAS officer of 1981 batch. He retired in February 2018. But he was given an extension for 3 months. As Anjani Kumar Singh’s extension period ended, Deepak Kumar took charge as the new chief secretary of Bihar. Deepak Kumar is an IAS officer of the 1984 batch. As per the notification issued by the cabinet secretariat department, Anjani Kumar Singh will receive the status of a minister of state.
- ITI Limited announced that ____ has taken additional charge as its Chairman and Managing Director on 31st May 2018?
4.Ram Kumar Mahendran
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.K Alagesan
K Alagesan has been given additional charge as its Chairman and Managing Director of ITI Limited following the retirement of S Gopu. An order from the ministry of communications, department of telecommunications, said that Alagesan is director (production and human resource) of ITI Limited. He has been working for ITI Limited since January 1982. He joined the company as assistant executive engineer.
- On 1st June 2018, who took charge as the Managing Director & CEO of Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.M Venkatesh
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals is a subsidiary of Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC). M Venkatesh is 53 years old. He succeeds H Kumar. Earlier M Venkatesh was Director (Refineries) at MRPL. He has been appointed as MD & CEO of MRPL for a term of 5 years. This can be extended till his superannuation in January 2025.
- On 2nd June 2018, China successfully launched ____ satellite, a new Earth observation satellite, on a Long March-2D rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in China?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Gaofen-6
The Gaofen-6 satellite will focus on agricultural resources research and disaster monitoring. Also, a scientific experiment satellite named Luojia-1 was sent into space at the same time. It was the 276th mission of the Long March rocket series.
- On 1st June 2018, the ICC included Nepal, ____, Scotland and the UAE in their ODI rankings list in addition to the 12 existing countries?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Netherlands
Scotland has been ranked in 13th position with 28 points. The UAE has 18 points and has secured 14th position. The Netherlands have 13 rating points. Nepal and the Netherlands have to play four matches more to get into the table. The positions of the 12 Test playing countries, who were already on the table, are not affected by the introduction of these new teams. The table is topped by England. India is ranked second. Pakistan is in sixth place.
- On 2nd June 2018, BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) named which cricket player as replacement for Wriddhiman Saha in the Afghanistan Test?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dinesh Karthik
Wriddhiman Saha failed to recover from a thumb injury he faced during the second qualifier of Indian Premier League 2018. BCCI has said that he will take 5 to 6 weeks to recover. The one-off Paytm Test against Afghanistan will be held in Bengaluru from 14th June 2018.
- When did Telangana celebrate its statehood day?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.June 2
Telangana celebrates its fourth year of formation this year. It became India’s 29th state on 2 June 2014, following its separation from Andhra Pradesh. Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his wishes to Telangana people on this day.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park located?Telangana
- Name the CEO and headquarters of ICC (International Cricket Council)?CEO – Dave Richardson; Headquarters – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Who is the Chairman of SoftBank?Masayoshi Son
- What is the tag line of Punjab & Sind Bank?Where Service Is A Way Of Life
- Who is the Chairman & Managing Director of Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC)?Shashi Shanker