AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 3 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On 5th June 2018, where will the 3rd National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga be held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
The conference is organized by the Ministry of AYUSH along with the Press Information Bureau (PIB) and Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY). This Conference on ‘Evidence Based Recent Innovative Research on Yoga – A Review of Yoga Research’ is conducted to mark the beginning of International Day of Yoga (21st June). Over 100 Health Editors from National and Regional media organizations would take part in the conference. The conference aims to enlighten the media persons on the scientific aspects of yoga & its benefits for human health.
- On 3rd June 2018, Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal flagged off Humsafar Jodhpur Bandra Express at Bhagat Ki Kothi Railway Station in _____?
4.Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Piyush Goyal said that necessary arrangements like mobile charging points, CCTVs and Bio Toilets have been made in the trains. He said that railway projects worth more than Rs 13,000 crore have been undertaken in Rajasthan currently.
- On June 1, 2018, which Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) adopted the Charminar in Hyderabad under the Swachh Iconic Places Project?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.NTPC
This is under Centre’s Swachh Bharat Mission. NTPC ltd and Hyderabad Municipal Corporation has inked an MOU for development and beautification of the Charminar gate. The developments would include : battery operated vehicles for tourists , bollards to prevent traffic, Swachh Auto Tippers (SAT) , mechanical sweeping machines, litter picking machines, construction of public utilities toilets, drinking water , ATM kiosks etc. This project is under Corporate Social Responsibility and NTPC is contributing Rs. 8.19 crore for beautification within 9 months of signing the act .
- On June 3, 2018, which state government launched a dedicated ambulance service for infants to prevent the death of newborns due to lack of emergency medical facilities in health centres?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Gujarat
This service is under the ‘Neonatal ambulance service project for inter-hospital transfer’ . It would consist of 10 well equipped ambulances across the state. The service started as a pilot project in Jamnagar Civil Hospital. This project would help newborns of the primary health care centres in the rural areas as they do not have needed medical services available.
- On June 3, 2018, Telangana State Forest Development Corporation (TSFDC) has launched how many eco-tourism projects in the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.2
One will be developed in Chintaguda Village of Mancherial district near Kawal Tiger reserve. 6 acres of land has been allotted for this. Another will be developed in the back waters of Nagarjuna Sagar at Vizag Colony in 15 acres of land has been allotted for this. TSFDC has already done 4 eco-tourism projects in Hyderabad. It has achieved an all-time highest productivity in harvesting of Eucalyptus Clonal plantation.
- On 4th June 2018, the ____ edition of Oxford University Press’ (OUP) South Asia Conclave will be conducted?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.2nd
The South Asia Conclave will see participation from Policymakers, bureaucrats, academicians and journalists. Issues related to politics, business and healthcare etc. will be discussed. Issues specific to South Asia will be focused. Some speakers are: Union minister Jayant Sinha, Congress MP Rajeev Gowda, former CEC SY Quraishi and journalist Shekhar Gupta.
- On June 3, 2018, The Financial Literacy week begins from June 4 to June 8 2018. What is the theme for this year’s Financial Literacy week?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Consumer Protection
This event would create awareness among customer of banks about the various financial products and services available to them and would encourage them to go digital. It would consist of 4 consumer protection messages like ‘Good Practices for safe digital banking’ and ‘Know your liability’ focusing on the liability of the customer for safe digital banking where if the bank is informed within 3 days of unauthorized digital transaction the customer won’t be liable. Resolution of the complaints would be received within 90 days from the date of receipt of complaint .
- On June 3, 2018, the global financial services major Morgan Stanley reported that India would become a leader in shared mobility by which year?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.2030
This improvement would be caused by the increasing amount of electric and autonomous vehicles being used. This would increase the shared miles by 35% to 50% of all miles travelled in India by 2040. The trend of shared mobility with the vast population and internet services would help replace the public transport system and individual car ownership by app based taxi services. In 2017, 10% of a total of 257 million miles have been travelled by shared mobility and this trend would increase to 35% by 2030.
- On June 3, 2018, Ministry of Environment , Forest and Climate Change and TERI has inked MOU to set up a resource efficiency cell to focus on waste management and resource efficiency. Expand TERI?
1.Terrestrial Energy and Resources Institute
2.The Energy and Resources Institute
3.Tropical Energy and Resources Institute
4.The Energy and Renewables Institute
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.The Energy and Resources Institute
The aim is to promote resource efficiency by enabling coordinated thinking among various ministries. It would focus on system based use of materials, products and processes in India. European Union and MoEFCC also signed a Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) to support the EU Resource Efficiency Initiative (EU-REI) Project in India, which would foster the efficient and sustainable use of natural resources in India. A TERI paper on Opportunities and Challenges of Plastics Waste Management has been released that states that annual average per capita consumption of plastic in India is about 11 kgs, with maximum plastic waste of water and soft drink bottles.
- India would import its first ever LNG from Russia on June 4, 2018. India is considered the _____ largest buyer of Liquefied Natural gas?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.fourth
GAIL India Ltd. will be importing the LNG from Gazprom at Petronet LNG. Earlier LNG from US was imported at Dabhol port of Mumbai for the first time. The supply between GAIL and Gazprom is a 20 year deal of import of 2.5 million tonnes of LNG a year. The further break up of the 2.5 million tonnes is : 0.5 MT in 2018-19 , 0.75 in 2019-20, and 1.5 MT in 2020-21.
- On June 3, 2018, Minister of State for Corporate affairs and Law and Justice , ____ gave awards to International Olympiad winners of 2017-18 from class IV to XII?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.P.P. Chaudhary
According to SOF, 45000 schools from 1400 cities across 30 countries have participated in 6th Olympiad 2017-18. About 55,000 students from 5,850 schools have been awarded for achieving top state level ranks. Over 8,00,000 students have been awarded “Medals of Excellence” for achieving top rank in their respective schools. 1,500 principals & teachers were also honoured for their commitment to academics and single minded pursuit in improving the students’ academic knowledge and successfully preparing them for competitive exams.
- Which Indian was awarded the ‘Most Valuable Player’ (MVP) at Basketball Without Borders Asia 2018, that ended at the NBA Academy India in Greater Noida, on 2nd June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sanjana Ramesh
Sanjana Ramesh hails from Bengaluru. Among Boys Rence Forthsky of Philippines was named the Most Valuable Player (MVP). This is the 10th edition of the Basketball Without Borders Asia camp. It was conducted by the NBA (National Basketball Association) and FIBA (International Basketball Federation). It saw participation from 66 campers from 16 countries of the Asia-Pacific region. Vaishnavi Yadav of Uttar Pradesh was awarded the ‘Girls Grit Award’.
- On 2nd June 2018, who was named as South Africa’s Cricketer of the Year?
2.AB de Villiers
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kagiso Rabada
The award has been announced at the end of a 12-month period in which Kagiso Rabada consistently won matches. He is 23 years old. This is his second Cricketer of the Year award. He already won the award in 2016. Hashim Amla, Jacques Kallis, Makhaya Ntini and AB de Villiers are also two-time winners of this award. Kagiso Rabada received a total of six awards, including Test cricketer of the year, one-day international player of the year and players’ player of the year.
- Name the woman from Assam who has been appointed as ambassador for ‘promote science’ initiative in France to encourage girls to pursue scientific careers?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Priyanka Das
Priyanka Das is doing her PhD and working in R&D in the Navigation Systems division of France’s Safran. She is 26 years old. “For Girls and Science” initiative was introduced in 2014 to promote scientific careers among youth, mainly girls. It is supported by the Ministry of National Education of France and the L’Oreal Foundation. It is linked with the L’Oreal Women in Science programme that awards five women scientists every year along with UNESCO.
- On 3rd June 2018, India successfully test-fired ____, its indigenously developed nuclear capable long range ballistic missile with strike range of 5,000 km from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Agni-5
Agni-5 is a surface-to-surface missile. It was launched with the help of a mobile launcher from launch pad-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Dr Abdul Kalam Island in the Bay of Bengal. This was the sixth trial of Agni-5. It successfully covered its full distance during the trial. Its flight performance was tracked and monitored by radars, tracking instruments and observation stations throughout the mission. Agni-5 is the most advanced with modern technologies in navigation and guidance, warhead and engine.
- When was the first World Bicycle Day celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.June 3
June 3 was declared as World Bicycle Day on 12th April 2018 by United Nations. 3 June 2018 is the first World Bicycle Day. The World Bicycle Day has been coined to honour the uniqueness, longevity and versatility of the bicycle and the environmental and health benefits of using bicycle as a mode of transport. This day highlights the use of bicycle as a means of promoting sustainable development, improving physical education, promoting health, preventing disease, etc.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks located?Uttarakhand
- Name the secretary general and headquarters of FIBA (International Basketball Federation)?Secretary General – Patrick Baumann; Headquarters – Mies, Switzerland
- Who is the CMD of NTPC?Gurdeep Singh
- Who is the CEO of BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India)?Rahul Johri
- Name the director general and headquarters of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation)?Director General – Audrey Azoulay; Headquarters – Paris, France