Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- World Blood Donor Day is being observed on which day to raise awareness of the problem and thank donors worldwide?
D.June 16thAns: B.June 14th
World Blood Donor Day is observed every year on June 14 to raise awareness of the problem and thank donors worldwide.
- NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has spotted a mysterious, solitary dwarf galaxy named as ____________ which is about 2.3 million light years away from its closest neighbour.
D.UDC 4879Ans: B.UGC 4879
NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has spotted a mysterious, solitary dwarf galaxy dubbed UGC 4879, this type of galaxy does not have the distinct regular shape of elliptical and spiral galaxies.
- Which Bank chief to be joined in the Maharasthra based Ratnakar Bank Limited as Head of corporate banking?
A.Bank of America
B.Royal Bank of Scotland
D.Bank of JapanAns: B.Royal Bank of Scotland
Maharashtra based Small sized private lender RBL Bank (formerly known as The Ratnakar Bank Limited) announced that the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) India chief Brijesh Mehra will be joining the company as head of corporate banking.
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Executive and Managing Director of the Airtel Payments after successor of Manish Khera?
D.Shashi AroraAns: D.Shashi Arora
Airtel Payments Bank has named Shashi Arora as chief executive and managing director of the company, the appointment is subject to approval from the Reserve Bank of India. Arora replaces Manish Khera.
- Who has been appointed as Transport Minister in Delhi due to resignation of Gopal Rai because of health issues?
D.Satyendra KumarAns: C.Satyendra Jain
In Delhi, Aam Aadmi Party leader Gopal Rai was relieved of the charge of the Transport Department, the AAP government has cited health reasons for his decision. Satyendra Jain is likely to take charge as Transport Minister for now.
- Who has been assumed as the Chief Justice of Manipur High Court after the Laxmi Kanta Mohaptara?
D.Rajesh RanvirAns: A.Rakesh Ranjan
The Senior Judge of the Manipur High Court Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prasad has assumed charge of the Chief Justice of the High Court. He succeeded Justice Laxmi Kanta Mohapatra who has relinquished the charge of office.
- Who has been relieved from Chief Executive Officer post from Deutsche Bank Asia Pacific region?
D.Gunit ChoudaryAns: C.Gunit Chadha
Deutsche Bank Asia Pacific Chief Executive Officer Gunit Chadha is set to relieve from the bank effective 17 July. The appointment dated back in October 2015 as CEO for the Asia Pacific, in charge of 16 regions in the region.
- State Run Power Equipment Manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited has commissioned 195 MW unit in which State?
D.Arunachal PradeshAns: B.Bihar
State Run Power equipment manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned 195 MW unit at Muzaffarpur Thermal Power Station in Bihar.
- Which Bank has introduced the Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets to further strengthen the Lender’s Ability to deal with Stressed assets?
D.None of theseAns: C.RBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has come up with the Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets to further strengthen the lenders’ ability to deal with stressed assets and to put real assets back on track.
- Who has been partnered with American Multinational Financial Services Major MasterCard to launch Travel prepaid cards distributor Centrum?
India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) and American multinational financial services major MasterCard jointly to launch a distribution alliance with travel prepaid cards distributor Centrum.
- Which Committee has been framed by Union Government for shortlisting Candidates for RBI Governorship?
B.Bimal N Patel
D.Rajiv KumarAns: A.P.K. Sinha
The Union government had formed a selection committee headed by cabinet secretary P.K. Sinha for shortlisting candidates for RBI governorship.
- United Nations Environment Programme has joined partnered with which organisation to create the awareness about the Environmental Crimes?
D.None of theseAns: B.INTERPOL
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) joined hands with INTERPOL spreading awareness about the Environmental Crimes which is extended largely upto 26% from the previous record in 2014.
- The United Nations General Assembly elected which country to head the World body’s six Permanent Committees as one of the Heads?
The U.N. General Assembly elected Israel will head one of the world body’s six permanent committees, since joining the U.N. in 1949 this is first time that country is Chairing the committee.
- Union Government sanctioned amount to which states following a meeting on Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority?
A.Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
B.Rajasthan and Telangana
C.Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan
D.Rajasthan and GujaratAns: B.Rajasthan and Telangana
Union government has sanctioned Rs. 164 crore for Rajasthan and Rs. 156 crore for Telangana, following a meeting on Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) with the two States.
- Which one of the steps is not taken by the Railway Minister to serve the Passenger under three initiatives?
A.Janani Sewa for Mothers
B.Optional Catering Services
C.Children’s Menu on trains
D.Care for EldersAns: D.Care for Elders
♦ Janani Sewa for mothers
♦ Optional Catering in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Trains on test mode
♦ Children’s menu on trains
- Ministry of Tourism hold the “1st Meeting of National Committee on Ramayan Circuit & Krishna Circuit” under which scheme?
A.Swadesh Darshan Scheme
B.Swathiya Bima Scheme
C.Swadesh Bima Scheme
D.Swathiya Swachha SchemeAns: A.Swadesh Darshan Scheme
First Meeting of National Committee on Ramayana Circuit & Krishna Circuit under Swadesh Darshan Scheme held in Uttar Pradesh.