AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 6 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 5, 2017, Supreme Court told Central Government that there is a need for Parliament to make law to ensure fair and transparent appointment of:
1.Attorney General of India
2.Heads of Defence Forces
4.Solicitor General of India
5.Governors of States
Answer – 3.Election Commissioners
The Bench of Chief Justice of India J.S. Khehar and Y. Chandrachud pointed out that there is a gap due to the lack of a parliamentary law which transparently spells out the eligibility, criteria required for a person to be an election commissioner.
- India has raked at which position on latest FIFA World ranking released on 6th of July 2017?
Answer – 4.96th
India has moved four places up to the 96th position in the FIFA World ranking released on 6th of July 2017. This is India’s second best ranking and its previous best was the 94th position in February 1996′
- Which among the following has become the last state to adopt the Goods and Services Tax (GST) resolution during a special session on July 5, 2017?
1.Jammu and Kashmir
Answer – 1.Jammu & Kashmir
The resolution was moved by Jammu & Kashmir state Finance Minister Haseeb Drabu and was adopted through a presidential order. With this, all the states have implemented the Goods and Services Tax.
- On July 6, 2017, which among the following Asian country declared itself free from highly pathogenic Avian Influenza (H5N1 and H5N8)?
Answer – 3.India
India has declared itself free from highly pathogenic Avian Influenza (H5N1 and H5N8) after surveillance in the states showed no evidence of its presence. Union Agriculture Ministry release said surveillance was carried out throughout the country and around the areas of the outbreaks since completion of the operation (including culling, disinfection and clean-up), which showed no evidence of presence of Avian Influenza Virus.
- Which State government has signed an Expression of Intent (EOI) with the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and Athletics Federation of India (AFI) to establish a High Performance Academy in the state?
Answer – 4.Odisha
Union Sports Ministry will provide coaching, integrated support services and education to athletes, the State Sports and Youth Services Department will provide funds and make sure availability of necessary infrastructure and support services, including an outdoor stadium. Besides, the IAAF will assist in educating elite coaches and provide specialists. High Performance Academy is to be set up in Bhubaneswar.
- ‘Crysanthumun’, a new fast-growing Israeli flower has been named after which leader?
1.Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
2.Russia President Vladimir Putin
3.UK Prime Minister Theresa May
4.US President Donald Trump
5.German Chancellor Angela Merkel
Answer – 1.Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
During his Israel visit, PM Modi visited the Danziger “Dan” Flower Farm along with his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu in Mishmar Hashiva where they were briefed about the latest technologies being used for floriculture. Commemorating Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit, Danziger Flower Farm named the flower Crysanthumun as ‘Modi’, on the name of Prime Minister.
- Which Indian company has signed a MoU with Israeli firm Shachaf Engineering to collaborate on design, development and manufacture of strategic electronics for military use?
1.Larsen & Toubro
5.Reliance Defence & Engineering
Answer – 4.Mahindra Telephonics
The MoU was signed in Tel Aviv on the day when PM Narendra Modi arrived in Israel on official visit. Under the deal, Mahindra Telephonics would look to jointly develop strategic electronics and systems for use in aerospace and marine domains with Shachaf Engineering.
- Which country’s Ambassador to the United Nations, has told a meeting of the U.N. Security Council that her country is prepared to use military means to defend against the threat posed by North Korea’s launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile?
Answer – 5.US
U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley said the United States would propose new U.N. sanctions on North Korea, which could include cutting off the major sources of hard currency to the North Korean regime, restricting the flow of oil to their military and their weapons programs and increase air and maritime restrictions.
- On July 4, 2017, which European country’s parliament approved a long-awaited law criminalizing torture?
Answer – 1.Italy
Italy’s parliament on July 4, 2017 approved a long-awaited law criminalizing torture, but critics said it had been so heavily watered down that many abuses may still go unpunished. Italy ratified the 1984 United Nations Convention against Torture in 1988 but till July 4, 2017, had never legislated to make it a criminal offence.
- Which Indian company has signed a MoU with Russia’s Vnesheconom bank to create a $200 million IT and Innovation Fund?
3.Srei Infrastructure Finance
4.Tata Consultancy Services
5.L&T Finance Holdings
Answer – 3.Srei Infrastructure Finance
The MoU was signed last month at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum in the presence of Prime-Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin. This fund will enable Srei and Vnesheconombank to jointly explore investment opportunities in technology companies in Russia, India and other selected regions.
- Retirement fund body EPFO has inked pacts with five banks for collections of provident dues and to make retirement payments. Which among the following is NOT one of the five banks?
3.Kotak Mahindra Bank
4.Bank of Baroda
5.State Bank of India
Answer – 5.State Bank of India
The tie-ups with Bank of Baroda, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank will help EPFO save around Rs 125 crore a year and expedite its investments as well as payment of benefits to its members.
- Which private sector bank has tied up with PFG Forex for remittance facility for the benefit of Indian expatriates from Australia?
1.South Indian Bank
5.Cathoic Syrian Bank
Answer – 1.South Indian Bank
Under this arrangement, NRIs can enjoy cost-effective and fast remittance services using South Indian Bank’s (SIB’s) Express facility. NRIs can visit the PFG Forex outlets across Australia for remittances to India. SIB is already having correspondent banking arrangement with National Australia Bank and Fly World Money Exchange for remittances to India.
- On July 4, 2017, which company opened its first digital factory in India, also the third globally after one each in Germany and China?
Answer – 1.Siemens
Siemens hopes to use Mumbai’s digital factory as a showcase to sell a range of plant automation equipment and software to Indian manufacturing units. Digital factory is one of the nine divisions at Siemens. It aims to provide a comprehensive portfolio of hard ware and software products which enable comprehensive integration of data from development, production and suppliers.
- On July 5, 2017, who among the following was appointed as non-executive chairman of Union Bank of India?
Answer – 3.Kewal Handa
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved Handas appointment as non-official director/non-executive chairman of Union Bank. Handa will hold the post for a period of three years.
- On July 5, 2017, which space agency successfully delivered super-heavy Intelsat 35e, a commercial communications satellite, to a Geostationary Transfer Orbit (GTO)?
3.European Space Agency
Answer – 5.SpaceXExplanation :
Intelsat 35e was launched from Kennedy Space Centre, Florida, US. After a half-hour trek across the Atlantic, SpaceX’s Falcon 9 deployed Intelsat 35e around 32 minutes into the flight. With a mass of 6,761kg, the Intelsat 35e communications satellite is the heaviest payload SpaceX has ever launched towards geostationary orbit, about 36,000km above the Earth’s surface.
- A rare ______with a pale skin color has been spotted for the first time in the Nilgiris by a wildlife photographer on 5th of July 2017.
Answer – 1.White Tiger
Photographer Nilanjan Ray from Bengaluru spotted White Tiger at an undisclosed location on a recent trip to the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. White tigers have been reported predominantly from Rewa, Madhya Pradesh.
- Which country beat Pakistan in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship?
Answer – 1.India
India’s Pankaj Advani teamed up with Laxman Rawat to beat Pakistan in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship. Asian Snooker Championship was held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- ’World Zoonoses Day’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – 2.6th July
The World Zoonoses Day is observed every year on 6th of July to create awareness on zoonotic diseases, how to prevent them and what actions to take when exposed. World Zoonosis Day is also particularly important as it commemorates 6th July 1885, when Louis Pasteur successfully administered the first vaccine against, a zoonotic disease, to Joseph Meister after he had been mauled by a rabid dog.
- On July 5, 2017, Pakistan successfully test-fired short-range surface-to-surface ballistic missile named:
Answer – 3.’Nasr’
Pakistan Army has conducted a series of training launches and tests during the current week for validation of new technical parameters of ‘NASR’ with enhanced range from 60-70 kilometres and flight maneuverability.
- On July 4, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi gifted his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu replicas of two sets of relics from ______, regarded as key artefacts of the long Jewish history in India.
Answer – 3.Kerala
The gift comprises two different sets of copper plates that are believed to have been inscribed in 9-10th Century. The replica of these plates was made possible with the cooperation of Malankara Mar Thoma Syrian Church in Thiruvalla, Kerala.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.