Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for UPSC, NABARD and other Competitive exam We have created Some questions related to India Gk(Indian Agriculture) !!!
- _______________ is the science that deals with the utilization, reproduction and its vivid uses
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Animal petting
The study of domestic and pet animals is called animal husbandry.The science that deals with the utilization, reproduction and its vivid uses is known as animal petting
- The headquarters of World Agroforestry Centre is situated in which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Kenya
The World Agroforestry Centre, is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978 as “International Council for Research in Agroforestry”
- The cultivation of food, forage or specialty crops between rows of trees is known as _______
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Alley cropping
In alley cropping, an agricultural crop is grown simultaneously with a long-term tree crop to provide annual income while the tree crop matures.
- The process of combines trees with forage and livestock production is also called as
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Silvopasture
Silvopasture combines trees with forage and livestock production. The trees are managed for high-value sawlogs and, at the same time, provide shade and shelter for livestock and forage, reducing stress and sometimes increasing forage production
- The term represent the presence of trees widely scattered over a large agricultural plot or pasture ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Parklands
Parklands are visually defined by the presence of trees widely scattered over a large agricultural plot or pasture. The trees are usually of a single species with clear regional favorites.
- In which cropping system, the trees or shrubs are planted in wide strip ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Strip cropping
Strip cropping is a method of farming which involves cultivating a field partitioned into long, narrow strips which are alternated in a crop rotation system
- Taungya is a form of agroforestry system originated from which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Burma
Taungya system is a form of agroforestry system in which short term crops are grown in the early years of the plantation of a woody perennials species in order to utilize the land, control weeds, reduce establishment costs, generate early income and stimulate the development of the woody perennials species.
- A practice and ideology of limited participation in the conventional economy and minimal consumption of resources is known as _____________
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Freeganism
Freeganism is a practice and ideology of limited participation in the conventional economy and minimal consumption of resources, particularly through recovering wasted goods like food.
- The development of agricultural ecosystems intended to be sustainable and self-sufficient is called as
5.None of theseAnswer –4.Permaculture
Permaculture is a system of agricultural and social design principles centered around simulating or directly utilizing the patterns and features observed in natural ecosystems.
- ______________ is an area of land devoted to the cultivation of fruit or nut trees.
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Orchard
An orchard is an intentional planting of trees or shrubs that is maintained for food production. Orchards comprise fruit- or nut-producing trees which are generally grown for commercial production.