AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 28 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who has received the Senior Fellowship Award for 2016-17 instituted by the Centre for Cultural Resources and Training Centre?
1.Mohammed Ayazuddin Patel
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mohammed Ayazuddin Patel
Mohammed Ayazuddin Patel is a Kalaburagi-based artist. This fellowship includes a cash of Rs 4.8 lakh. This fellowship is awarded to persons eligible to work on a particular subject in the field of art and culture for 2 years. Mohammed Ayazuddin Patel has been selected to work on Deccan Heritage with a special reference to Bahmani Sultanate through his digital painting. Mohammed Ayazuddin Patel is the only artist from Karnataka chosen for the fellowship this year. He has exhibited his artworks in 24 countries.
- On 26th July 2018, which state government launched the ‘Urban Sanitation and Cleanliness Policy’ for better management of solid and liquid waste in cities?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Gujarat
The policy was launched by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani. The policy focuses on streamlining the collection and disposal of all types of waste in cities and towns. One of the mains objectives of the policy is complete abolition of manual scavenging. Vijay Rupani said that, a system to convert solid waste into fuel to generate green energy will be established. The policy also stresses on recycling of drainage water. This policy is line with the National Urban Sanitation Policy.
- On 27th July 2018, Invest India and the UAE Minister for Artificial Intelligence (AI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for India – UAE Artificial Intelligence Bridge in ____?
2.New Delhi, India
3.Abhu Dhabi, UAE
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi, India
This partnership will produce an estimated USD 20 billion in economic benefits in the next ten years for India and UAE. This MoU will enhance development in Blockchain, AI (Artificial Intelligence) and Analytics. By 2035 AI can potentially add USD 957 billion to the Indian economy. The MoU was signed at the India leg of GovHack series of World Government Summit. Indian Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu and H.E. Ahmad Sultan Al Falahi, Minister Plenipotentiary – Commercial Attache, were present. The UAE-India collaboration will convene a UAE-India AI Working Group (TWG) between the UAE Ministry for Artificial Intelligence, Invest India and Startup India.
- On 27th July 2018, the Ministry of Earth Sciences celebrated its foundation day at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi. At the event, who was awarded the National award for women scientist?
1.Dr. Kusala Rajendran
2.Dr. Vijaya Raghavan
3.Dr. Anu Priya S
4.Dr. Preethi Reddy
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dr. Kusala Rajendran
Award Winners Life Time Excellence award Professor K. S. Valdiya from JNCASR, Bengaluru (for contribution in isotope geoscience) National Awards for Ocean Science & technology Dr. Satheesh Shenoi, Director, INOCIS, Hyderabad & Dr. R. Venkatesan, NIOT, Chennai National Award for Atmospheric Science & technology Dr. B. V. Krishna Murthy, Retd. Director, SPL, ISRO National award for Geoscience & technology Prof. Sekhar Muddu, IISc, Bengaluru and Prof Sunil Bajpai, Director, BSIP, Lucknow National award for women scientist Dr. Kusala Rajendran, IISc, Bengaluru Young Researcher Awards Dr. Mala S. Bagiya, IIG, Mumbai andDr. Praveen Kumar, INOCIS, Hyderabad (for work in Earth Science & Technology)
- On 28th July 2018, which Assamese film won 3 top awards including the best film award at the 3rd Love International Film Festival in United States?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Xhoihobote Dhemalite
Xhoihobote Dhemalite won awards for: the best film, best actress (Dipannita Sharma) and best music (Anurag Saikia). The film was directed by Bidyut Kotoky. Bidyut Kotoky received the award for the movie under best film category. The film was produced by ‘India Stories’ and co-produced by Bidyut Kotoky’s Dhruv Creative Productions and US-based Kurmasana Kreates. The film portrays the issues of children of Assam growing up in violent times. Xhoixobote Dhemalite became the first Assamese film to be commercially released in the US. Over 150 films from 36 countries participated in the festival.
- Name the world’s oldest person who passed away in Tokyo, Japan, on 22nd July 2018?
4.Lee Hui Sin
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Chiyo Miyako
Chiyo Miyako was 117 years old Japanese woman. She was born on 2nd May 1901. She became the world’s oldest person in April 2018 after Nabi Tajima of Japan died at the age of 117 years. Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, Japan, said that, 115-year-old Kane Tanaka of Japan, is the new oldest person.
- The ministry of health of Sierra Leone, has confirmed that a new strain of Ebola virus named ____ Virus has been discovered in bats in the Bombali district of Sierra Leone?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bombali
It’s not yet known whether the new strain can develop into Ebola disease, if it is transmitted to humans. Researchers are working with the Sierra Leone government to find out whether any humans were infected. People have been warned not eat bats as a precautionary measure to prevent the disease.
- On 27th July 2018, the Indian Women’s Compound Archery team has secured ______ position in the world rankings as per World Archery Association (WAA)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.first
Position Country 1 India 2 Chinese Taipei 3 Colombia 4 United States of America 5 Republic of Korea
- On 25th July 2018, ____ launched two new products ‘Edge TPU’ and ‘Cloud IoT Edge’ with an aim to help customers develop and deploy intelligent connected devices, in San Francisco, United States?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Google
‘Edge TPU’: is a new hardware chip. It is very small such that four of them can fit on a U.S penny. Edge TPU: is Google’s purpose-built application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) designed to run AI (Artificial Intelligence) at the edge. It delivers high performance in a small physical and power footprint. It enables the deployment of high-accuracy AI at the edge. ‘Cloud IoT Edge’: is a software stack that extends Google Cloud’s powerful AI capability to gateways and connected devices.
- What was the theme of World Hepatitis Day 2018 that was observed on 28th July 2018?
1.Test. Treat. Hepatitis
2.Prevent and Cure Hepatitis
4.Proper diagnosis of Hepatitis
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Test. Treat. Hepatitis
28 July is observed as World Hepatitis Day every year. This day was chosen as it is the birthday of scientist Dr Baruch Blumberg, who discovered hepatitis B virus (HBV). He also developed a diagnostic test and vaccine for the virus. World Hepatitis Day, aims to enhance the national and international efforts on prevention and treatment of hepatitis. WHO (World Health Organisation) has declared theme for World Hepatitis Day 2018 as: “Test. Treat. Hepatitis”. WHO and Government of Mongolia conducted several events in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia to commemorate the World Hepatitis Day 2018.
- On July 28, 2018, the Lok Sabha passed the Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill 2018. As per this bill, how many years of lifetime imprisonment for buying and selling of humans for forced labour, child bearing and if the victim acquires life threatening diseases like AIDS?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.10
Under this bill, a National Anti-Trafficking Bureau would be established to investigate trafficking cases. It would have coordination between law enforcement agencies and NGOs and would monitor the trafficking routes. 10 years to lifetime imprisonment for buying and selling of humans for forced labour, child bearing and if the victim acquires life threatening diseases like AIDS. It would provide setting up of Anti-Trafficking Units (ATUs) at the district level. The Bill provides for establishment of these committees (ATCs) at all three levels viz. national, state, and district levels which will help victims to rehabilitate.
- On July 28, 2018, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library announced that a museum for all former prime ministers of India will be built in the 25 acre estate of Teen Murti Bhavan complex in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
On July 28, 2018, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library announced that a museum for all former prime ministers of the country will be built in the 25 acre estate of Teen Murti Bhavan complex in New Delhi. Rs 270 crore has been sanctioned by the government for the construction of the museum of all 4 PMs. This decision was taken in the 43rd annual general meeting of NMML chaired by Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- On July 28, 2018, where was the 6th India-UK Science & Innovation Council (SIC) meeting held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
After Newton Bhabha partnership , new partnerships may happen in areas of: Cyber Physical System- Artificial Intelligence, digital Economy, health technologies, cyber security and promoting clean growth, smart urbanization, future mobility and environment. Dicsussion on UK proposal for FutureTech Festival scheduled at New Delhi in 2018. Indian side was represented by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences & Environment, Forests and Climate Change, India. UK’s side had Mr. Sam Gyimah, Minister for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation, UK as the representative.
- On July 28, 2018, Government of India has approved a new scheme to empower rural women through community participation called _____ for 2017-18 upto 2019-20?
1.Mahila Shakti Kendra
2.Mahila Shiksha Kendra
3.Mahila Suraksha Kendra
4.Mahlia Vikas Kendra
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mahila Shakti Kendra
On July 28, 2018, Government of India has approved a new scheme to empower rural women through community participation. It is called ‘Mahila Shakti Kendra’ for 2017-18 upto 2019-20. The cost sharing ratio of the scheme is 60:40 between centre and states except North Eastern states. North East and Special Category Stateshave the ratio of 90:10.
- On July 28, 2018, Indian Railways organized a programme on Ethics in Public Governance and Launched _____ at National Rail Museum, New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mission Satyanishtha
The objective is to bring transperancy and ethics in the work culture and among all railway employees. It would train every employee to understand the need and value of ethics in Personal and Public life. It would help to deal with ethical dilemmas in life and Public Governance. It would help understand the policies of Indian Railways on ethics and integrity.
- On July 28, 2018, Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced a first-of-its-kind legislation, the ______, to not let the employess neglect their loved ones, which would be implemented in Assam from October 02, 2018?
1.Assam Employees Pranam Act
2.Assam Employees Pension Act
3.Assam Employees Insurance Act
4.Assam Employees Family Fund Act
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Assam Employees Pranam Act
On July 28, 2018, Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced a first-of-its-kind legislation- the Assam Employees PRANAM Act would be implemented in the state from October 02, the day of Gandhi Jayanti celebration in 2018. To not let the employess neglect their loved ones. The Act will deduct 10% of an employee’s pay and transfer it to the account of the relatives concerned. Another 5% would be deductible if the employee has a differently abled sibling.
- During, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Rwanda visit from July 23-24, 2018, how many MoU’s were signed between India and Rwanda?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.8
India and Rwanda signed eight MoU’s in various fields including Defence, Trade and Agriculture. An agreement on defence was also signed for capacity building, industry, science, and technology. An MoU on agriculture signed in May 2007 was amended in the field of agriculture and animal resources. It would work on research, technological development, capacity building and human resource development. An MoU on the cultural exchange programme for the year 2018-22 was signed. Area of focus will be music and dance, theatre, exhibitions, seminars and conference, archaeology, archives, library, museums, literature, research, and documentation. MoU on dairy cooperation was signed on cooperation in agricultural research and education between RAB (Rwanda Agriculture Board) and ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research). Focusing on training and research in dairy, processing of dairy products, quality and safety of mil, biotechnological intervention in livestock. An MoU on trade cooperation framework was signed to facilitate trade and economic ties.
- During Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Uganda on 25th and 26th July 2018, how many MoUs were signed between India and Uganda?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.4
On July 25,2018, India and Uganda signed four MoUs in various field. They are: Defence cooperation, visa exemption for official and diplomatic passport holders, cultural exchange programme and material testing laboratory.
- During Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to South Africa on 26th and 27th July 2018, how many MoUs were signed between India and South Africa?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.3
MoU between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi, India and the Agricultural Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa on Cooperation in Agricultural Research and Education. MoU between the Government of the Republic of South Africa and the Government of the Republic of India regarding the Setting up of the “Gandhi Mandela Centre of Specialization for Artisan Skills” in South Africa. MoU between Indian Space Research Organization and the South African National Space Agency on Cooperation in the Exploration and uses of Outer Space for Peaceful Purposes.
- The 10th BRICS Summit 2018 was held in Johannesburg on July 26-27, 2018. What was the theme of the 10thBRICS Summit 2018?
1.BRICS in Africa: Collaboration for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the 4th Industrial Revolution
2.BRICS in Africa: Improvement and Industrial Growth in Africa and Worldwide
3.Achieving BRICS goals for 2020
4.BRICS: Working Towards 4th Industrial Revolution
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.BRICS in Africa: Collaboration for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the 4th Industrial Revolution
On the last leg of his 5 day South African tour, is the 10th BRICS Summit 2018 held in Johannesburg on July 26-27, 2018. BRICS was held under the theme is “BRICS in Africa: Collaboration for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the 4th Industrial Revolution
• strengthening multilateralism, reforming global governance and addressing common challenges
• strengthening and consolidating brics cooperation in international peace and security
• brics partnership for global economic recovery, reform of financial and economic global governance institutions, and the fourth industrial revolution
• people-to-people cooperation
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Nameri National Park located?Assam
- Who is the Director of Centre for Cultural Resources and Training Centre?G.C. Joshi
- Who is the President of Rwanda?Paul Kagame
- Name the director and headquarters of World Health Organization (WHO)?Director – Tedros Adhanom; Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the CEO of Google?Sundar Pichai