AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Supreme Court (SC) has directed the state Governments to issue notification regarding establishment of mobile village courts ‘Gram Nyayalayas’ within 4 weeks. Who is the Head of SC bench which directed the order?
1) Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde
2) Justice Jasti Chelameswar
3) Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana
4) Justice Indira Banerjee
5) Justice Aniruddha Bose
Answer-3) Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana
Supreme Court (SC) bench headed by Justice Nuthalapati Venkata (NV) Ramana has directed the state governments to issue notifications for establishing mobile village courts called “Gram Nyayalayas” within 4 weeks. It also asked the High Courts (HC) to speed up consultation with department concerned on the matter.
- ‘Intivadhakey Pension’ (Pension to your Doorstep) scheme covered 94% of 60Lakh pensioners in record time recently (launched on February 1, 2020). The Scheme is the initiative of?
3) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-3) Andhra Pradesh
The Andhra Pradesh (AP) state Government led by its Chief Minister(CM) Jaganmohan Reddy,has created a record with its ‘Intivadhakey Pension’ (Pension to your Doorstep) Scheme by covering 94 % of about 60 lakh pensioners at their doorstep within a few days. The scheme was launched in 13 districts on February 1, 2020. AP is the 1st state in India to take up such an initiative of Door delivery of pension service.
- In Budget 2020, Rs 2.3 crores has been sanctioned for the scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI) scheme. Which Ministry is implementing SFURTI?
1) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
2) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
3) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Finance
5) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
Answer-2) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
The Ministry of Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME) implemented a new scheme named “Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries” (SFURTI). Under this scheme, financial support will be given to set up traditional industries clusters in 5 years viz. Khadi, Coir & Village industries clusters and to make industries more profitable. Rs 2.3 crores has been sanctioned for the SFURTI scheme in the budget 2020.
- Which among the following schemes and interventions have been merged with the scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)?
1) Rural Industries Service Center (RISC)
2) Design Intervention and Packaging (PRODIP)
3) Ready to Wear Mission
4) Enhancing Productivity and Competitiveness of Khadi Industry and Artisans scheme
5) All the above
Answer-5) All the above
The following schemes are being merged into SFURTI: The Scheme for Enhancing Productivity and Competitiveness of Khadi Industry and Artisans, the Scheme for Product Development, Design Intervention and Packaging (PRODIP), the Scheme for Rural Industries Service Center (RISC) and other small interventions like Ready Warp Units, Ready to Wear Mission, etc. run by KVIC during XI Plan from Khadi Grants and VI Grants.
- Which state/UT government launched ‘Janasevaka scheme’ to provide delivery of government services at doorstep between 8 am to 8 pm with charge of Rs.115 for services (Feb 2020)?
2) New Delhi
3) Madhya Pradesh
The government of Karnataka launched the Janasevaka scheme in certain municipal corporation wards to provide home delivery of various government services like ration cards, senior citizen identity and health cards, etc. The scheme is launched by the chief minister of Karnataka Mr. B.S. Yediyurappa, and the scheme will contain 53 services from 11 departments.
- Which country has ended free entry of Indian tourists (Feb 2020) and decided to implement daily fee of Rs. 1200 for regional tourists from India from July 2020?
On February 5,2020 The Government of Bhutan, Thimphu decided to implement a daily fee of Rs.1200 ($17) for “regional tourists” from India, the Maldives, Bangladesh from July 2020. The fee is called SDF “Sustainable Development Fees” in order to regulate a new tourism policy (tourism facilities, better infrastructure).
- Which Indian digital payments company has launched all in one Quick response (QR), Point of Sale (Pos) device and merchant Software Development Kit (SDK) for third party integration (February 2020)?
Paytm, India’s leading digital payments company,has launched an all-in-one QR (Quick Response), point-of-sale (POS) device for merchants across India & SDK (software development kit) for third-party integration. The PoS, launched by Infosys cofounder and UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) chairman Nandan Nilekani.
- Which Insurance company has launched comprehensive health insurance scheme “Infinity” (Feb 2020) with insurance limit of 3 lakhs to 1 crore?
1) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
2) HDFC General Insurance
3) Reliance General Insurance
4) Tata AIG Insurance
5) SBI General Insurance Company Ltd
Answer-3) Reliance General Insurance
Reliance General Insurance Company Limited, one of the leading insurance companies in India, has launched a comprehensive health insurance plan called “Reliance Health Infinity”. Under the plan, the minimum sum insured will be Rs. 3 lakhs while the maximum sum insured limit will be Rs. 1 crore.
- To give protection to depositors, The Reserve Bank of India has increased (in effective from February 4, 2020) the Insurance cover on Bank deposits from 1 Lakh to?
1) 2 Lakh
2) 4 Lakh
3) 5 Lakh
4) 10 Lakh
5) 15 Lakh
Answer-3) 5 Lakh
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased the Insurance cover on bank deposits to Rs 5 lakh from Rs 1 lakh effective from February 4, 2020 with a view to giving protection to depositors.
- The Bank has to pay Insurance premium of ___ per Rs. 100 deposits to Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) in effective from Feb 4, 2020 for protection of depositors?
1) 10 paise
2) 12 paise
3) 15 paise
4) 8 paise
5) 20 paise
Answer-2) 12 Paise
The DICGC does not directly charge any premium from the depositor on this insurance. So Now Banks will pay a premium of 12 paise against 10 paise per Rs 100 deposit. This move comes after the Budget announcement by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman who made an important provision in the Budget 2020-2021 on the protection of bank deposits of common people.
- According to latest data by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) the number of transactions (by volume) in Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) app in Jan 2020 is?
1) 1.60 crore
2) 1.78 crore
3) 1.85 crore
4) 1.67 crore
5) 1.92 crore
Answer-3) 1.85 crore
According to the latest data from NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) comes against the backdrop of the decision made by government on encouraging digital payments. The Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) app registered all time high volume of transactions with 1.85 crore transaction worth Rs.6611.22 crore in January 2020.
- According to latest data by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) registered a total of 25.95 crore transaction in January 2020 it amounts to ______?
1) 2.16 Lakh crore
2) 2.10 Lakh crore
3) 2.20 Lakh crore
4) 2.26 Lakh crore
5) 2.34 Lakh crore
Answer-1) 2.16 Lakh crore
According to latest data by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) handle much of the online payments via internet banking, round the clock (24×7) & registered a total of 25.95 crore transaction, aggregating Rs.2.16 lakh crore in the first month of the calendar year 2020.
- Recently in February 2020, with Which country India signed 4 MoUs in the field of Research (in nanotechnology, water management and renewable energy) and Higher education?
3) United Kingdom
India and Norway signed 4 MoUs (A Memorandum of Understandings) in the field of research and higher education to strengthen their bilateral partnership. The agreements were led by Anni Line Wold, Norway Director-General, Norwegian Ministry of Education & Research and witnessed by Hans Jacob Frydenlund Norwegian Ambassador to India at New Delhi, India.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) signed MoU with CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI) to set up Liaison office in Assam to provide technical support to the food industries in the Northeast region. The Headquarters of CSIR-CFTRI located at?
On February 4,2020 A Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) was signed between CSIR-CFTRI and APEDA to set up a Liaison Office, Guwahati, Assam to provide technical support to the food industries in the North East region. Central Food Technological Research Institute, (CSIR-CFTRI), Mysore, Karnataka, working in the area of Food and Science & Technology, Human Resource Development started during 1950.
- Which Indian Start-up Company in defence sector has won the prestigious SCOKH award for “Boron Nitrate Based Personal Hybrid Combat Armour” (Feb 2020)?
2) Aadyah Aerospace
3) Axio Biosolutions
4) Big Bang Boom Solutions
5) TimeTooth Technologies
Answer-4) Big Bang Boom Solutions
Big Bang Boom Solutions Pvt Ltd (BBBS), start-up company in the defence sector was awarded the prestigious SKOCH Award for “Boron Nitrate Based Personal Hybrid Combat Armour ” at New Delhi, India. Big Bang Boom Solutions also won in the Ministry of Defence competition around See-Through-Armour and Illegal Defence Drones in iDex (Innovations for Defence Excellence) category. BBBS was the first company to consolidate Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the defense sector.
- Who has been nominated for Nobel Peace Prize 2020 by two law makers of Swedish left party (Feb 2020)?
1) Greta Thunberg
2) Jacinda Ardern
3) Raoni Metuktire
4) Alexis Tsipras
5) Zoran Zaev
Answer-1) Greta Thunberg
Swedish teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg has been nominated for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize by two lawyers Jens Holm and Hakan Svenneling, who are both members of Sweden’s Left Party. It is the second consecutive year that Thunberg has been nominated.
- Recently in February 2020, New Delhi hosted a Ministerial-level Defence Conference 2020 to boost the defence co-operation between the countries. The conference was between India and which Asian nation?
4) Sri Lanka
5) South Korea
Answer-5) South Korea
On February 4, 2020, The Ministerial-level Defence dialogue 2020 between India and South Korea was held at South Block in New Delhi, where Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Jeong Kyeong-doo, Minister of National Defense of South Korea discussed many important issues & affirmed to deepen bilateral defence cooperation between the two countries.
- As per Greenbone sustainable Resilience Data released by German cybersecurity firm Greenbone (Feb 2020), among Indian states which state has most hit by global medical data leak with 3,08,451 data leaks?
3) West Bengal
According to the recent report published by German cybersecurity firm Greenbone Sustainable Resilience, Maharashtra topped among the Indian states which has been hit by global medical data leak. The analysis was made after data of around 120 million Indian patients were leaked and made freely available on the internet. Maharashtra which topped among Indian states had 3,08,451 data leaks giving access to 6,97,89,685 images.
- As per ‘Report on Cancer: Setting priorities, investing wisely and providing care for all’ one in 10 Indians to have cancer in their lifetime. The report was Released by?
1) World Health Organization (WHO)
2) World Economic Forum (WEF)
3) International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
4) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
5) World Bank (WB)
Answer-1) World Health Organization (WHO)
In order to mark World Cancer Day on February 4, 2020, WHO (World Health Organization) and its specialized International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) have released 2 reports namely, “Report on Cancer: Setting priorities, investing wisely and providing care for all” by WHO & “World Cancer Report “Cancer research for cancer prevention” by IARC. As per the report by the WHO, one in 10 Indians to have cancer in their lifetime and one in 15 died of the disease.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has predicted the cancer cases in poor countries will jump by ___% by 2040 in its ‘Report on Cancer: Setting priorities, investing wisely and providing care for all’
In order to mark World Cancer Day on February 4, 2020, WHO (World Health Organization) and its specialized International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) have released 2 reports namely, “Report on Cancer: Setting priorities, investing wisely and providing care for all” by WHO
Which has predicted that cancer cases will jump by 81 % by 2040 in poor countries due to the lack of investment in prevention and care. The rate of cancer incidence worldwide could rise to 60 % in the next 20 years
- Which Indian oil refinery company acquires the major stake in Israeli battery developer Phinergy (Feb 2020) to make ultra-light weight metal-air batteries that can be used in Electrical Vehicles (EV)?
1) Reliance Industries Limited
2) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
3) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
4) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
5) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
Answer-3) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
Indian Oil Corporation Limited-IOC (commonly known as IndianOil), an Indian government owned oil and gas company, has acquired a minority stake in Phinergy Ltd, an Israeli start-up company specializing in battery development with the aim to make ultra-lightweight metal-air batteries that can be used in electric vehicles(EV). Both firms also decided to adopt this technology in 3Ws, cars & buses in future as well.
- Which middle east country recently discovered a huge shallow gas resources called ‘Jebel Ali gas field’ (Feb 2020)?
3) United Arab Emirates
4) Saudi Arabia
Answer-3) United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has discovered huge shallow gas resources called ‘Jebel Ali gas field’ with estimated reserves of 80 trillion standard cubic feet spanning an area of 5,000 square kilometers (sqkm) in the cross-border area of the Emirates of Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
- The World’s oldest Bamboo fossil discovered turns as to be a conifer as examined by a professor of Pennsylvania state university. Which open access news journal published the news?
2) SAGE open
3) BMC biology
5) PLOS one
A fossil of leafy branch was discovered in Eocene, Patagonia in 1941, at that time of Examination it considered as bamboo’s fossil and still it became the oldest bamboo of the world, but in recent Examination of that fossil by Dr. Peter Wilf from Pennsylvania state university revealed the real nature of the plant’s fossil and it was published in open-access journal Phytokeys.
- ‘Lord J: Lord of Anonymity’ is the autobiography of Lord J. He is a?
1) Classical Singer
2) Pop Singer
3) Jazz Singer
4) Rap Singer
5) Rock Singer
Answer-2) Pop Singer
Lord J is the 1st and only Anonymous singer in the world. Lord J was born in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Lord J is a Self-Taught singer and Lyric writer in an Anonymous way, and he is a world famous celebrity without revealing his identity to the world. The Name Lord J was given to him by an LA(Los-Angeles)-based fan.
- D.Manjunath who is in news recently (Feb 2020) is the former minister of which Indian state?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
Former Karnataka Minister D. Manjunath, 92 years old passed away in Karnataka, Bengaluru due to age-related ailments. He was the former Minister of Forest and Higher Education in former Chief Minister (CM) H.D Kumaraswamy cabinet.
- Pranab Kumar Gogoi who passed away recently (Feb 2020) is a?
3) Freedom fighter
Former Assam Legislative Assembly Speaker and sitting Congress MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) Pranab kumar Gogoi, 84 years old passed away in Guwahati, Assam due to age-related illness. In 2015, Pranab Kumar took the definition of the term ‘Assamese’.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) is the wholly owned subsidiary of?
Answer-Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- In World Bank Ease of doing Business report, India jumps how many positions from 2014-19?
India Jumps up 79 positions in World Bank Doing Business Rankings, Improving from 142 In 2014 To 63 in 2019.
- Wasim Jaffer belongs to which sports?
On February 4, 2020 Vidharba batsman Wasim Jaffer became the first cricket player to register 12,000 runs in Ranji Trophy. He achieved the feat while batting against Kerala in on going ranji trophy match.
- Patagonia desert is located in which continent?
Answer-South America (Shares border with Chile and Argentina)
- What is the capital and currency of South Korea?
Answer-Capital – Seoul & Currency – South Korean won
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]